Who should be the next Fish coach / crazy on JJ | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should be the next Fish coach / crazy on JJ

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Bruce Coslett would be a perfect fit;)

Don't ruin a five star thread with one star smack.....:D

It's that feeling you get after......well, nevermind. ;)

I'd like to have an offensive minded coach as the Phins' next head coach. I don't think the offense has had the attention it needs in the offseason ever since Jimmah took over for Shula. Even after last season where we had the #3 defense, we still spent more on defense than offense. This team has needed a proven veteran starting WR and LT forever. Wade Smith may be a good LT in time, but will he be that this season? Because Dixon hasn't been one who can last a whole season without injury and it's more like "when" not "if" he goes down a few games, I wonder if the rook will be able to handle it. Some thought should have been given to LT in the draft well before this season, we might be set there now. Instead, the cheapest FAs available were brought in and still wound up moving our best Guard to that spot. Seau and Knight become available and the Phins are ready to do what it takes to land them, while starting caliber WRs like Boston and McCardell were ignored. The D should be awesome this season, but if the offense can't keep them off the field we're going to see the same late season collapses we have.

Besides, more SBs have been won by offensive minded coaches in recent years than defensive minded ones.

The guy I would want more than anyone else is Bill Bellicheck

1) Noone does more with less talent
2) Hell light a fire under your ***
3) He is not afraid to tweak a teams strategy if he thinks its for the teams benefit (see the Pats suddenly becoming a passing team last yr)
4) It would cripple a hated division rival

I wouldnt want to see a Super Bowl contender like the Dolphins bring in a College coach. College coaches are better suited to rebuild a losing franchise in his image. Franchises that are "on the brink" need an NFL coach thats been there before. (Of course if we fizzle out at 5-11 this season and we do a housecleaning, I would reconsider this argument).

I know this sounds crazy but man this would be perfect for....

Jimmy Johnson to come back and coach. I mean put Wanny as the Defensive Coord and Norv as the offensive coord and Jimmy as the Head Coach, hell it could work again, it did in dallas.

But then again the way Jimmy left us, Im a bit bitter about that but you have to admit, the guy can draft defensive talent.

Just a random though waiting for camp to start, god the offseason seems like forever.

Norv would be no better than wanny. All you would get with that is wanny out of the picture and Norv spending less time on the offense. I think Norv and Wanny are a package deal.

I'd definitely take Andy Reid. If another conservative guy was on the mind of anyone, Tom Couglin would be good.

this team needs more offense and JJ and Wanne have proven to be conservative def. minded coaches. We need more in the 2nd half of the season and games

Back
Top Bottom