Who Should New Head Coach Target To Be Offensive Coordinator? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Should New Head Coach Target To Be Offensive Coordinator?

The other choice I love is James Urban of the Baltimore Ravens.

Has tons of experience as both a QB Coach and a WR Coach.

He was a QB Coach for the Philadelphia Eagles in 2009-2010, when Michael Vick went to Philly under Andy Reid and LIT UP the scene. Urban left the next year to go to Cincinnati as WR Coach and Michael Vick was never the same after that.

But his tenure at Cincinnati as WR Coach was long and highly successful, if you look at it.

Now he shows up in Baltimore and helps Lamar Jackson go 6-1 as his QB Coach.
The parrot with some not so subtle Kyler Murray connections.

I live in WA State and watch every Seahawk game as my wife is a diehard "12", and Darrel Bevell would drive you all crazy, trust me.

Run, run, short pass punt. Even worse than Gase's predictable crap and he refused to change, that's why Pete finally had to get rid of him.

Fyi......Marshawn was on the field, wide open in the left flat, yet Bevell ran the same exact play, from the exact formation for the 12th time in 12 attempts. Seriously.

That’s not the bevell I saw. I thought he was very good at scheming tight ends open and by open I mean no one within 10 yards of them and I believe the empty 4 vertical concepts they love so much in the pass game originated with him there.

But he did always have a top shelf d and run game to play to.

Something I don’t foresee any time soon in Miami.

I live in WA State and watch every Seahawk game as my wife is a diehard "12", and Darrel Bevell would drive you all crazy, trust me.

Run, run, short pass punt. Even worse than Gase's predictable crap and he refused to change, that's why Pete finally had to get rid of him.

Fyi......Marshawn was on the field, wide open in the left flat, yet Bevell ran the same exact play, from the exact formation for the 12th time in 12 attempts. Seriously.
I agree. Wasn’t impressed with him. He severely underused Tyler Lockett. Look at Lockett target / success rate. It’s ridiculous.

The other guy who may warrant serious consideration is John DeFilippo. He was the Offensive Coordinator in Philadelphia's Super Bowl win just last year. Yes, he was kicked out of Minneapolis by Zimmer, but we know that Zim is very difficult to work with and expectations with Kirk Cousins were extremely high.

Career history
As coach:

Career highlights and awards

The parrot with some not so subtle Kyler Murray connections.

Yeah that’s what it reads like. Only we can’t let that kid run to contact. Not at slot corner size.

I went back and watched the semi final game again it wasn’t quite as good as I thought it was initially real time but I’d still take the chance at 13 if he got there.

I’m not moving up for any qb though

The other guy who may warrant serious consideration is John DeFilippo. He was the Offensive Coordinator in Philadelphia's Super Bowl win just last year. Yes, he was kicked out of Minneapolis by Zimmer, but we know that Zim is very difficult to work with and expectations with Kirk Cousins were extremely high.

Career history
As coach:

Career highlights and awards

Huge no to defillipo for me.

Yeah that’s what it reads like. Only we can’t let that kid run to contact. Not at slot corner size.

I went back and watched the semi final game again it wasn’t quite as good as I thought it was initially real time but I’d still take the chance at 13 if he got there.

I’m not moving up for any qb though
I agree with this hoops. I just contrasted his build to Baker and Wilson/ they are just thicker.
At some pt he’s gonna get hit- what will happen. Idk.

Jim Bob Cooter. He took the fall in Detroit when he was dealt an average QB and poor OL (sound familiar) to work with.

Besides, how could you not want a guy named Jim Bob Cooter on your staff?

He torched us. But that’s not saying much. Schemed the hell out of wide open average at best tight ends

Reactions: MD
I agree with this hoops. I just contrasted his build to Baker and Wilson/ they are just thicker.
At some pt he’s gonna get hit- what will happen. Idk.

My read might be wrong on this but I think he might be more quick than fast too.

Like I’m expecting low 4.5s

I agree. Wasn’t impressed with him. He severely underused Tyler Lockett. Look at Lockett target / success rate. It’s ridiculous.

I may be wrong on this too but I believe prior to this years Lockett’s biggest production as a wr came as a rookie I believe under bevell.

He’s had some major injuries the last few years nasty broken leg the most recent and it took him a while to get back to full go.

And I think also part of why his production has up ticked this year is cause Baldwin has been dinged up all season.

Lockett’s a good player though. No doubt about that. I’d trade jakeem Grant for him in a nanosecond

Is what's his name w/ the jets getting sent packing? Offesnsive coordinator blanking his name

Bates

Jeremy Bates was horrible. He was Jets OC. Johnny Morton before him.

Back to Murray- Wilson was considered a reach by Seattle at time. He was probably 4.5-4.6 guy. More polished passer not as elusive I would say.
Redzone and injury factors are my Murray concerns.

What about Mike McDaniel of San Francisco?

I like looking at the guys who were involved with the Redskins offense in 2012 when they took Robert Griffin and made him a star as a rookie, despite the fact he wasn't a great NFL passer.

They did an excellent job that year molding an offense around him. As an Offensive Assistant, let's not have any illusions that Mike McDaniel had any part of the decision-making. But he did take part in the experience, and that can also be important.

Since then he's done pretty well for himself. He's been Kyle Shanahan's Run Coordinator for two years in San Francisco and that's a pretty important part of the Shanahan offense. They've have a good run game.

I see you working the Robert Griffin/Kyler Murray angle...lol

Back
Top Bottom