Who to cut for cap room | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who to cut for cap room

I will only make this one player prediction, we won't clean house but we will look at upgrading at least 1/2 of the all the receivers we currently have, mostly thru the draft and UDFA.
Personally, I'd love to see a high draft pick and a higher end FA (not the highest paid guys, but someone in that next tier). Give me Smith/Waddle (this is really praying for a trade down where we can still pick one of them up without reaching at #3), Samuel (not necessarily him but someone in that price range so not the top guys), Parker, Williams, Bowden and Wilson. I'd be pretty happy with that. Even if Parker gives us what he gave us last year, that's a nice #3. If he gives what he gave in 2019, we'll be in really good shape. Williams or Wilson staying healthy and returning close to their previous peaks would just be gravy.

I am not saying what will happen.
I am saying what would I do.
Are you saying you are smarter than Flo and Grier, or that you are deciding with emotion, rather than the realities of the situation?

Those are about the only two possibilities I can see with that statement.

When did I mention Parker?

I was talking philosophy, and how depending on too many rookies at the position was a bad premise. If you disagree with that general line of thinking, that's fine, but responding with a "non sequitur" is a bit puzzling.

I already stated in another post that if I could get a day two pick for DVP, Williams, or Wilson I would do it. I'm not "married" to any of them.
I know what you are saying.
I used Parker as an example to point out the sorry state of our wr corp, thus starting two rookies wr on day one for me is the prefer choice.

Last edited:
Are you saying you are smarter than Flo and Grier, or that you are deciding with emotion, rather than the realities of the situation?

Those are about the only two possibilities I can see with that statement.
Age old argument, Gase, Cameron and many orthers are all know more football than you and I combine. Doesn't mean that you and I have to agree on everything they do.
That was such a tired argument. You can do better than that.

I know what you are saying.
I uses Parker as an example to point out the sorry state of our wr corp, thus starting two rookies wr on day one for me is the prefer choice.
That's fine, but assuming the two rookies (and it would really be three in your scenario of cutting everyone) would automatically be better is a leap I just can't make. The upside isn't nearly as high as the downside low.

Age old argument, Gase, Cameron and many orthers are all know more football than you and I combine. Doesn't mean that you and I have to agree on everything they do.
That was such a tired argument. You can do better than that.
Your position is so extreme, it warrants an age old arguement.

I think Grant's explosiveness on special teams has kept him on the roster for the last couple of years. Regarding Wilson, he was a big weapon for the Chief's just before we got him. He made some big plays for us. Let him come back and see where his mind and body are at. Then, make a decision, not now.

The receiving room needs help badly but let's not go crazy here. Parker and Williams were doing really well as a tandem before injuries happened. We must draft 2 new receivers, one very high and one a little later. Bring everybody to camp and see who wins the starting jobs.

The receiving room needs help badly but let's not go crazy here. Parker and Williams were doing really well as a tandem before injuries happened. We must draft 2 new receivers, one very high and one a little later. Bring everybody to camp and see who wins the starting jobs.
How dare you approach the situation with common sense.....

I think Grant's explosiveness on special teams has kept him on the roster for the last couple of years. Regarding Wilson, he was a big weapon for the Chief's just before we got him. He made some big plays for us. Let him come back and see where his mind and body are at. Then, make a decision, not now.
I hold my breath every time Grant fielded the ball.

Last edited:
Not so. Injury is the key word. Jerry Rice is useless if he is not playing.
Williams drops.

Agreed on drafting two wr. Want both in top two rounds thou.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom