Who to cut for cap room | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who to cut for cap room

Did you hear the one about the old bull and the young bull, standin on the hill, looking down at all the young heffers in the valley?...........lol
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.
What in the wide world of sports does that have to do with the joke about the two bulls????

Talking about keeping our wide receivers
I don't think there's any conceivable way we keep all of them.

Either through the draft or FA, we are bound to have, at a minimum of 2 new WRs, maybe 3.

There's probably only 6 (maybe 7) roster spots for the position.

Somebody has to go........

Easy decision, Parker, Williams, Grand, Wilson ( use top three picks on wr ), Godchaux, Breider....just first few that came to my head.
What others would you cut in order for us in FA market?
I disagree. Parker is debatable, but he has proven to be a legit #1, and Tua needs a #1. My preference would be to draft a new #1 and keep Parker until that drafted guy takes over the #1 spot convincingly. Preston Williams is a talented young guy, and he's not really expensive, so I doubt we move on f rom him. Grant is debatable, and he has definitely proven to be one of the most dangerous special teams guys, so his salary spot revolves around two things--1) can you replace his special teams scores/production, and 2) how much will it cost in terms of salary and draft resources to replace him? I lean towards keeping him, but that's a tough conversation either way.

IMHO, Wilson is gone. Allen Hurns, who absolutely should be in this discussion, is also gone. They chose to sit out the year, and we've moved on productively without them. At their salary levels, they clearly are not worth the money, so it's just a matter of time before we cut them lose. Might as well stop the bleeding now. How much salary cap does this provide? Not sure, but the result seems inevitable, so it's a hard case to make if you want to keep either of them. Sitting out a season on top of lots of injuries and very bloated salaries ... yeah, gotta get those guys off the books.

Definitely look at drafting a #1 in the first two rounds. Figure out the rest of the WR room as we learn how good of a pick the guy we drafted actually was at the NFL level. Lots of top prospect WR's are busts ... lots.

Our so call alpha wr Parker, could not start for half of the NFL teams.
Man!!!

I haven't seen/heard consecutive bad takes like this since...NEVER.

It almost seems as if you have dug your heels in and are determined to sh*t all over the post.

...to the above point.

Name the teams out of the 32 in the NFL that he wouldn't be a starter. I'll lay odds that if you are honest the number of teams will be more than 16...much more.

I disagree. Parker is debatable, but he has proven to be a legit #1, and Tua needs a #1. My preference would be to draft a new #1 and keep Parker until that drafted guy takes over the #1 spot convincingly. Preston Williams is a talented young guy, and he's not really expensive, so I doubt we move on f rom him. Grant is debatable, and he has definitely proven to be one of the most dangerous special teams guys, so his salary spot revolves around two things--1) can you replace his special teams scores/production, and 2) how much will it cost in terms of salary and draft resources to replace him? I lean towards keeping him, but that's a tough conversation either way.

IMHO, Wilson is gone. Allen Hurns, who absolutely should be in this discussion, is also gone. They chose to sit out the year, and we've moved on productively without them. At their salary levels, they clearly are not worth the money, so it's just a matter of time before we cut them lose. Might as well stop the bleeding now. How much salary cap does this provide? Not sure, but the result seems inevitable, so it's a hard case to make if you want to keep either of them. Sitting out a season on top of lots of injuries and very bloated salaries ... yeah, gotta get those guys off the books.

Definitely look at drafting a #1 in the first two rounds. Figure out the rest of the WR room as we learn how good of a pick the guy we drafted actually was at the NFL level. Lots of top prospect WR's are busts ... lots.
I would be much more inclined to keep Wilson than Grant.

He's a far superior reciever, and he is definitely in Grant's class as far as speed/elusiveness, should he be needed to return punts.

We know for certain he has better hands.

I wouldn't be surprised if neither were on the opening day roster. I just think, of the two, Wilson brings more to the table.

In the end, it's going to come down to a numbers game.

Assume 6 roster slots for the WR position. Parker, Williams, 2 additions, Bowden.

That leaves 1 spot. Who knows, if we bring in a FA, and draft 2, that leaves no spot.

I'm sure we will try to work out a trade or two, but the market isn't great for any of our guys, IMO.

IMHO, Wilson is gone. Allen Hurns, who absolutely should be in this discussion, is also gone. They chose to sit out the year, and we've moved on productively without them.
jeffrey wright GIF by HBO

Did you just say that we moved on productively without them?

Productively?

If you think they quit on the team as opposed to not wanting to take the Covid to their families...say that.

Man!!!

I haven't seen/heard consecutive bad takes like this since...NEVER.

It almost seems as if you have dug your heels in and are determined to sh*t all over the post.

...to the above point.

Name the teams out of the 32 in the NFL that he wouldn't be a starter. I'll lay odds that if you are honest the number of teams will be more than 16...much more.
Parker, above average in 50 50 jump ball. Cannot stretch the field. Cannot run fly route. Cannot run dig route. Cannot run red zone fade route. Seldom catch in the middle. Cannot run screen. Cannot separate. Cannot command double team. On top of it, cannot play a full season.

If this is your nfl starting receiver, then your bar is extremely low.

Dan, I'm with you regarding Grant. I also held my breath until he was finally down without fumbling. 2 receivers high is cool for me I want super receivers not ones from the 5th round unless they're studs that no one knows about! But, I'm also of the opinion that a difference making RB must happen this draft. We should go almost all offense in the first 3 rounds unless some defensive super star drops in our lap. I think we need either Smith, Carr or Waddell at receiver and Etienne or Harris at RB. Make that happen and we'll be much better than add some o-line pieces. These few moves would make the whole offense way more explosive and at the same time protect our investment in Tua. We are so well positioned in this draft that it will be tough to screw it up.

Easy decision, Parker, Williams, Grand, Wilson ( use top three picks on wr ), Godchaux, Breider....just first few that came to my head.
What others would you cut in order for us in FA market?
Preston Williams isn’t going anywhere, nor will Parker!

Back
Top Bottom