who was the worst dolphin player. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who was the worst dolphin player.

painnotpleasure said:
Ray Lucas

AMEN!!!!!!!!! winner hand down.

worst game ever for any professional player in the history of the nfl was vs buffalo!!!!!!

painnotpleasure said:
First of all, yeah John Avery is a top canidate, but as for Ray Lucas... Did you watch the Bills game? I've never seen someone stink up so bad. 6 TURNOVERS. 4 Interceptions and 2 fumbles... He costs us the playoffs 2002. If it wasn't for him, we would've made playoffs. In my opinion, we would've went deep. And our dolphins had a pretty legit shot at being Super Bowl contenders and winning the Super Bowl... and everyone would have quite a different opinion on Jay, Dave, and Ricky. Ray Lucas = Garage. And he talks **** about us after we get rid of him. We didn't invest anything in him like a 1st with Avery... but the thread isn't "Worst Investment In A Player", it's "Worst Player" and even though I admit I'm thinking with personal feelings over logic... Ray Lucas is nothing but TRASH. The only good thing he have did in his life... was he went to Rutgers.

i had a nightmare one night that during a game (after the buffalo loss) ray ran into the middle of the field and ripped of his jersey, only to expose that he was actually wearing a JETS jersey underneath, then the camera pans to Dave W. and he rips off this fake mask and reveals the he is actually Bill Parcells! Of course, this was a few years after Lucas and Parcells torched the phins, so I have always thought it was a conspiracy....

:D

Ray Lucas went form the Jets i think to us or was it the other way around, i think we woulda made a good run into the playoff's in 02 if Fielder didnt get hurt and if Ray wasnt our Backup, he was crap.

SuperDuperFan said:
How about Cris Carter?

At least as far as disappointments go.

Cris Carter was brought in to try and Be Jerry Rice but for Miami, that didnt work he caught about 8 passes for like 57 yrds and 1 TD, that was his last season in the NFL, he had nothing left

koalaman13 said:
Sammy Smith. Fumbled twice in one game, but each was on the 1 yard line from opponents endzone. I THINK it was the Jets, not sure
He actually fumbled in two consecutive games in `91, I believe it was. Once against the Chiefs at the one, that they returned 99yds for the game winning TD. Then against the Oilers, after we had moved the ball to the goal line in the closing seconds, he fumbled to end the game. After the Oilers loss, SS left the stadium to chants of "Sammy Sucks!" Very fitting!

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
Cris Carter was brought in to try and Be Jerry Rice but for Miami, that didnt work he caught about 8 passes for like 57 yrds and 1 TD, that was his last season in the NFL, he had nothing left

dont forget the dropped TD pass against Minnesota! Cost us a playoff spot

Sammie Smith,

I still wake up at night in a cold sweat with the chant "SAMMIE SUCKS, SAMMIE SUCKS!" ringing in my ears. :buttkick:

LAphinfan said:
Sammie Smith,

I still wake up at night in a cold sweat with the chant "SAMMIE SUCKS, SAMMIE SUCKS!" ringing in my ears. :buttkick:

Hands down winner. Sammie Smith. I'm still scared he's going to fumble at the goal line. AHHHHHH! :eek:

The earliest guys I can remember only being 16 are guys from the mid 90's. So I would have to say guys like Joe Nedney, Jerry Wilson (Mr. defensive holding) Fred Barnett, Randall Hill, Troy Drayton, Bert Emmanuel, Ben Kelley, Jonh Kidd, Tony Martin, Billy Milner, Roosevelt Potts.

Some guys that I remeber but don't know if they were any good or not were guys like O.J. Brijiance, Kirby Dar Dar, Ernest Grant, Scott Galyon, Eric Green, Anthony Harris, Mark Higgs, Calvin Jackson, Nate Jacquet, Stanley Pritchett, Pete Stoyanovich, Daniel Stubbs, George Teague, Lamat Thomas, Leslie Shepard.

I'd appreciate it if some of you more knowledgeable fnas could fill me in on some of these guys if they were good or not, I just remebre there names.

And Fred Barnett did we trade Troy Vincent for him? I liked Troy and I remeber him going to the Eagles about the same time we go Fred.

Billy freakin Milner.

Say what you want about everyone else but this 1st rd pick barely even got into any games.

There should've been some guildlines to the original question.

Worst current player: Donald Lee
Worst player who didn't live up to thier talent: Yatil Green.

Back
Top Bottom