Who Were The Biggest Busts In Dolphin History??... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Were The Biggest Busts In Dolphin History??...

SuperMarksBros. said:
ferrell edmonds wasnt a bust, he was a productive TE. one of marino's favorite targets for a few years. i'll go with yatil green. i honestly dont remember if he played a single regualr season down.

It's really tough to list Green as the biggest bust, considering the guy's first two seasons featured season-ending knee surgery before the first preseason game each time. Who knows what he could have done had he been healthy - he as a great player at Miami at a time when the program was really down. I consider the biggest busts in this order:

-Kumerow
-Bosa
-Avery

Kumerow and Bosa played plenty, but they were just plain terrible. Shula was reaching, taking a gamble with each and it failed. Avery had a ton of talent, but just couldn't get it done. I remember Kiper, Jr. comparing some of his moves to Barry Sanders on draft day :lol:

It's way too early to consider Eddie Moore or Vernon Carey busts!! After four years, you would have considered T-Buck a huge bust. But he got it together and had a pretty decent career! These guys are just getting started!!

Awsi Dooger said:
That's like Retief Goosen on Sunday, strangely so far off it's not even in contention. Cecil Collins was a 5th round pick, Randy Moss taken with the 21st selection in the first round. On top of that, they weren't even in the same year. Moss was picked in '98 and Collins in '99.

It's true we did botch a RB pick in the first round of the Randy Moss draft, but it was John Avery not Cecil Collins. We traded down from 19 to 29 and picked Avery. Moss would have been available at 19.

The recent guys have been named. In the early years there were some notable 1st round flops like Rick Norton, Mike Kadish, Darryl Carlton and Donald Reese.

I think that's what he meant, but the way he wrote it--it sounded as if he was refering to Collins and not Avery.

IMO, and from the top of my head, these are the biggest busts (all high draft choices) in no particular order...except for Billy Millner who in my mind is THE #1 biggest bust of all:

1. Billy Millner

The Rest (in no particular order):

Jackie Shipp
John Bosa
Erick Kumerow
John Avery
Jamar Fletcher
Yatil Green (for injury reasons)
Sammie Smith (waste of talent and potential)

RickyW...loser said:
Don Shula- You have the best Qb ever. How about getting a running back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I dont want to hear Kareem A J.

Nice of Tyrone Biggums to drop by the board.

I've got to go with Sammie Smith. 9th overall pick and did zilch in the pros. Not only that, but Yatil Green never actually cost us a game. Smith did. So Green had zero impact, but Smith had a negative impact.

I would bet on the cheerleaders being the bustiest phins of all time :)

You got all of them I think? Ferrell was a huge target and really helped the passing game. We can see how getting "F's" in first round picks can really hurt a team.

I Stand Corrected On Ferrel Edmonds!!!
My Bad I Did Give His Stats For His Fish Carrer.
I Am Still On The Fence A Bit With Him.
Every One Is On Milners Bandwagon Right Now.
Its Funny How You Forget About Certain Guys Over The Years.
I Guess We All Want To Forget Our Worst Nightmares!!!!

KuchaMucha said:
IMO, and from the top of my head, these are the biggest busts (all high draft choices) in no particular order...except for Billy Millner who in my mind is THE #1 biggest bust of all:

1. Billy Millner

Jackie Shipp
John Bosa
Erick Kumerow
John Avery
Jamar Fletcher

how in the hell is Milner worse than Sammie Smith? Smith was a top 10 pick, Milner was not. Smith was supposed to bring Miami's offense to the next level, Milner was not. I don't believe I ever read that Billy Milner was the missing piece of the puzzle to win a superbowl. I did read that about Smith.

Sammie Smith is BY FAR the biggest bust since I have been a fan of the phins and paid attention to the draft.

KuchaMucha said:

1. Billy Millner

Jackie Shipp
John Bosa
Erick Kumerow
John Avery
Jamar Fletcher
Again how can anyone list Milner as the biggest bust when 1st off he was drafted at the bottom of Rd. 1. Second, he only played one year for Miami and was traded for a TE that started for several years after that. The only reason he was trade is because he did not fit the new coaching scheme.

How Milner is a larger bust over players like Sammie Smith who was drafed No. 9 overall do confuse me.

igor79 said:
yatil green for sure
You could say that because I don't think he ever played a down. I would choose someone who just plain sucked over someone who got injured. And of course I'm not going to give a name. I can't decide.:tongue:

Boik14 said:
I would bet on the cheerleaders being the bustiest phins of all time :)
Except for Boston's roided "b1tch tits":rofl3:

ROCHESTERPHISH said:
I Would Have To Say...
Bosa
Kummerow
Sammie Smith
Lorenzo Hampton
Troy Stradford
Randell Hill
Eric Green
Ferrell Edmonds
Jackie Shipp
Wanny
-

Out of all of them i would only consider Kumerow and R Hill as busts. How could you possibly say that T Stradford was a bust. I remember a game against Dallas when he won the game practically on his own--well with a little help from Dan.

others could include;
B Milner
R Graf
J Avery

Whitedolphin54 said:
Out of all of them i would only consider Kumerow and R Hill as busts. How could you possibly say that T Stradford was a bust. I remember a game against Dallas when he won the game practically on his own--well with a little help from Dan.

others could include;
B Milner
R Graf
J Avery

I find it hard to find R. Hill a bust. Well a bust for the Cardinals maybe, but not the Dolphins.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I find it hard to find R. Hill a bust. Well a bust for the Cardinals maybe, but not the Dolphins.
I heard Hill was a cop now somewhere in Miami, maybe he is busting criminals? Sorry....

Back
Top Bottom