Who Were The Biggest Busts In Dolphin History??... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Were The Biggest Busts In Dolphin History??...

ROCHESTERPHISH said:
I Would Have To Say...
Bosa
Kummerow
Sammie Smith
Lorenzo Hampton
Troy Stradford
Randell Hill
Eric Green
Ferrell Edmonds
Jackie Shipp
Wanny
-

didnt WANNY get you several winning seasons?

I've got to go with Eric Kummerow. I remember that draft clearly. I was watching it with my best friend at the time and we had all our draft sheets strewn about all over the floor. When it came to Miami's choice they called DE/LB Eric Kummerow and we both looked at each dumbfounded. We started shuffling through all our papers when suddenly we looked back up at the TV and noticed the ESPN crew doing the SAME thing!

There was Mel Kiper flipping page after page trying to find him in his rankings. The rest of the guys looked dazed, saying to themselves, "WHO?".

Man, I was pissed!

NoblePhin said:
J Fletcher and John Avery wer just garbage.

yet they lasted longer than Sammie Smith. Also where drafted later than Sammie Smith.

Going off on a slight tangent, I haven't heard this from anyone, but didn't it seem that J.J. and Wanny were obsessed with trying to uncover that one diamond in the rough that would make all the experts that commonly used the words "they drafted who...?" shortly after all his picks, eat their words. I think more so Wanny. And while it did uncover the likes of a Zach Thomas, and a Jason Taylor, and even somewhat, Chris Chambers (pretty much unknown, coming from a running system in Wisco), it also got us players such as Eddie Moore instead of Anquan Boldin, John Avery instead of Moss, and so on, and so on....

Pinrod33 said:
Going off on a slight tangent, I haven't heard this from anyone, but didn't it seem that J.J. and Wanny were obsessed with trying to uncover that one diamond in the rough that would make all the experts that commonly used the words "they drafted who...?" shortly after all his picks, eat their words. I think more so Wanny. And while it did uncover the likes of a Zach Thomas, and a Jason Taylor, and even somewhat, Chris Chambers (pretty much unknown, coming from a running system in Wisco), it also got us players such as Eddie Moore instead of Anquan Boldin, John Avery instead of Moss, and so on, and so on....

trade was made before the draft and no one thought that Moss was going to drop that far

I cant remember that well but wasnt Autry Denson supposed to be pretty good coming out of college?

I.M.O. its between Jackie Shipp and Sammie Smith. Mainly, because it wasn't injuries that did them in. They were just not as good as advertised. On top of that Shipp was supposed to be the defensive anchor for the Marino years, and Sammie was supposed to be solution to the running game woes during that same era. We all know that the reason for the lack of championships during the Marino years was a poor defense and a lack of a running game. These 2 1st round busts are the culprit.

I see, thank you for the info Dupree, but I'm sure there are more examples than that.

ch19079 said:
didnt WANNY get you several winning seasons?

He was the coach that inherited JJ's playas. If you remember, the team went farther south each season. The more he brought in his players and coaches on board, the worse off the phins got.

Back
Top Bottom