Who would have thought that MArk Sanchz would help lead Miami to a win lol | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would have thought that MArk Sanchz would help lead Miami to a win lol

It'll be interesting to see if the Eagles force Bradford on the field on Thursday with his shoulder unlikely to be 100%. It would tell us all we need to know about how they fell about Sanchez if they do.

Um, the only new players on offense are Murray and Mathews. Sanchez still has Jordan Matthews, Ertz, Celek, Cooper, Sproles, and Huff to work with.

so losing Maclin and McCoy were no big deal? no adjustment needed?

so losing Maclin and McCoy were no big deal? no adjustment needed?

Losing Maclin isn't the easiest thing in the world but he's done next to nothing this year in KC (2 TDs). As far as McCoy goes, they signed the leading rusher in the NFL in his place so it's safe to assume the production wouldn't be lost.

Fire up them excuses though.

Losing Maclin isn't the easiest thing in the world but he's done next to nothing this year in KC (2 TDs). As far as McCoy goes, they signed the leading rusher in the NFL in his place so it's safe to assume the production wouldn't be lost.

Fire up them excuses though.

the only excuses I see here are coming from you in order to bash him.

How has that leading rusher from last year been doing?

no one ever said he was along for the ride. he was a major part of those teams.

We both know plenty did....

Coach Westoff:

As for Sanchez, Westoff expressed doubts that he could be the kind of talent who shoulders the burden of an imperfectly designed offense. The first two years of Sanchez's career, when the Jets twice went to the AFC Championship Game, were the result of an all-around good team, Westhoff said.

"[Sanchez was the] manageable part of a good football team," Westhoff said. " ... Then all of a sudden, the burden was thrust on Mark and that's just too much for him, in my opinion. Also, I think the whole offense needs to be designed around Mark, and you can say that it was, but there are just some things he doesn't do as well."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...-special-teams-coach-critical-team-management

Coach Westoff again:
Mark Sanchez, according to former Jets special teams coach Mike Westhoff, cannot be the bus driver.

“Mark was a piece and really that’s all that he did,” Westhoff said

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...ike-westhoff-says-sanchez-cant-drive-the-bus/

Gary Myers:

Gary Myers said:
Although Sanchez was just along for the ride in the regular season his first two years when the Jets made the playoffs, he did play well in the postseason each year and helped the Jets reach the AFC Championship Game. He just hasn’t gotten any better and at times it seems he has regressed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-qb-curse-lives-article-1.1208497

Hank Gola:
Hank Gola said:
Mark Sanchez along for the ride as he doesn't make or break NY Jets in win over Jacksonville Jaguars.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/gola-sanchez-doesn-break-jets-win-article-1.1216711

it's a new year w/ new players. he still has a chance to succeed and so far has not but it's only one game.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

no one ever said he was along for the ride. he was a major part of those teams.

Ryan can have the meaningless fantasy #s, mark helped his team WIN.

you could also reverse that and say, correctly, that his team actually helped mark WIN.

idk why sanchez is being discussed so heavily anyway. he is what he's always been. if mark was such a crucial part to the jet's playoff success then they wouldn't have let him go. fact.

I don't think Sanchez is a top QB, but he can be dangerous and he is > Bradford. I would roll w the guy who can make plays - even if a lot of times they are for the other team - than a career check down robot who can't make plays. And this year I think Bradord turned it over 3 times in the RZ so hard to imagine anyone doing worse.

Chip Kelly = completely overrated. Cuts Jackson last year, trades McCoy, swaps QBs - HE thinks this is Madden.

I don't care about writers but where exactly does Westhoff say he was along for the ride?

you could also reverse that and say, correctly, that his team actually helped mark WIN.

idk why sanchez is being discussed so heavily anyway. he is what he's always been. if mark was such a crucial part to the jet's playoff success then they wouldn't have let him go. fact.

the guy who led us to those postseasons(Rex) wanted Mark. the problem was we brought in a new GM who wanted his QB to start and that explains why that GM will never be a GM again in this league.

Why the **** are we even talking about what the Jets did in 2011 and 2012? When is ancient history ancient history?

I don't care about writers but where exactly does Westhoff say he was along for the ride?

Actually he called him a game manager that had very little to manage, considering he continually had great field position a very good running game.

“Mark was a piece and really that’s all that he did,” Westhoff said Wednesday on the 94WIP Josh Innes Show. “He was a piece, a good solid piece, but not enough to carry us [the Jets]. He really just wasn’t, but what Mark did a nice job of, is he managed things well and he knew where to go with the ball. Now, we helped him out by running the football. We led the league in rushing, we had great starting field positions—we had the best starting field position in the league, I could score on special teams. So we were able to help, and he sensibly managed it, and did a nice job of it. He did a very, very nice job. But, again as I said, Mark was on the bus. He wasn’t driving the bus, he was just on it.”

Actually he called him a game manager that had very little to manage, considering he continually had great field position a very good running game.

are you reading the actual quote? why must you keep making things up? what he actually said was very fair and complimentary. How many guys can carry a team? Brady? Rodgers? who else?

Hard to believe this thread is still going on......

Was listening very early this morning to Greg Cossell on Sirius talking about the Eagles and Sanchez. Basically, he said everyone got excited because Sanchez can move around a bit better than Bradford.....but as soon as he had to throw from the pocket, everyone realized it was the same old Mark Sanchez. Ross Tucker commented that he had never seen a QB being on a different page as the receivers more than he had Sanchez in the Miami game (I guess Tucker did our game with the Eagles for Westward One).

They weren't very complimentary.....

Jamie Dukes on Sirius XM today said Sanchez is a serviceable backup (called him a .500 guy). Nothing more. Others see it. Others don't.

are you reading the actual quote? why must you keep making things up? what he actually said was very fair and complimentary. How many guys can carry a team? Brady? Rodgers? who else?

What does..."he managed things well and he knew where to go with the ball. Now, we helped him out by running the football. We led the league in rushing, we had great starting field positions—we had the best starting field position in the league, I could score on special teams. So we were able to help, and he sensibly managed it, and did a nice job of it. He did a very, very nice job. But, again as I said, Mark was on the bus. He wasn’t driving the bus, he was just on it.”

That last line "Mark was on the bus. He wasn’t driving the bus, he was just on it." Is an indirect way of saying, he was along for the ride.
I guess you see what you want to see.

Back
Top Bottom