Who Would Your Non Qb Pick In The Draft Be At #13 | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Would Your Non Qb Pick In The Draft Be At #13

Julian love looks like a nickel to me. His movement skills are like tweener corner safety

With Bobby mccain coming back I doubt this is in play.

Not really liking anything on this Clemson d at 13. Would like to do better.

Ferrell’s length and his movement skills at that length are probably his best qualities but other than at times a good get off I see length doing most of the driving. And I’ve learned that length can’t carry edge rushers vs nfl tackles. He redirects pretty well for his size in space.

I’m starting to get underwhelmed with this advertised stellar defensive class.

Julian love looks like a nickel to me. His movement skills are like tweener corner safety

With Bobby mccain coming back I doubt this is in play.

Not really liking anything on this Clemson d at 13. Would like to do better.

Ferrell’s length and his movement skills at that length are probably his best qualities but other than at times a good get off I see length doing most of the driving. And I’ve learned that length can’t carry edge rushers vs nfl tackles. He redirects pretty well for his size in space.

I’m starting to get underwhelmed with this advertised stellar defensive class.

Agree with all this, but Love is very instinctive and a playmaker. If he tests well, he's an early Day 2 pick imo.

Agree with all this, but Love is very instinctive and a playmaker. If he tests well, he's an early Day 2 pick imo.

Yeah I think he’s a quality nickel. I don’t mucb like the fit for a starting boundary even as the #2.

Like his instincts and his compete

Last edited:
Ferguson looks to me like he carries around baby fat. Like he needs to dedicate himself to cleaning up his body to maximize the pro return.

Agreed. But the entire Louisiana Tech program is like that. Wild aggressive athletic but unpolished players including linemen who often have soft funny looking frames. It really stood out in the bowl game against Hawaii. Those guys were having great fun while dominating the second half but every time the cameras focused on them it was impossible not to see how out of shape they were, especially in comparison to a same-state school like LSU, which has chiseled guys like Devin White.

BTW, the Canes hired the Lousiana Tech defensive coordinator Blake Baker as new Miami defensive coordinator.

Ferguson looks to me like he carries around baby fat. Like he needs to dedicate himself to cleaning up his body to maximize the pro return.

I get a Charles Harris vibe about him in the pros :(

And here's the video that is every pass play where Easton Stick was forced to scramble, or got sacked.

Note: This is not a highlight reel. This is every single pass snap where he was forced to scramble around, or got sacked. The fact that the first 5 minutes or so kind of comes off like a highlight reel is just a testament to how good he was when pressured or when the coverage was too good.

As a regular fan I would love to know why Lamar Jackson is held in much higher regard than Stick? Maybe it’s just my personal opinion that I don’t need a QB that can run a 4.5 and potentially take it to the house any time. How does Stick compare to Jackson as a pocket passer? Seems like our owner and some fans here viewed Jackson as a franchise player

If the Bengals don’t get crazy and draft a QB I’d bet a paycheck Devin White is a Bengal. To me you can trade down and easily get Murphy or Wilkins.

Yeah, I'd expect at least one of them to be there past #13, but they are ones I wouldn't be upset with (and don't think it'd be a reach, either.)

I guess the easier way to say it for me is: Grab defensive BPA and move on.

Miami has mis-handled qb for so long, going back to not drafting an heir apparent to Marino ahead of time to passing on Drew Brees in 2000 in favor of Jamar Fletcher and so on, that I’m firmly in the camp of drafting a qb until we get one. Every situation is different, but this year, I’d like to see us snag a day three qb.

Miami’s run under Ross’ ownership provides a manual on how not to do things. Our failures have highlighted the importance of certain characteristics in scouting the position that I want to see emphasized going forward:

*accuracy
* good rate of 3rd down conversions
* ability to slide in the pocket
* good enough arm strength
*ypa

For any prospect, I would like to know how they stack up on those five things. Honestly, if you have those things, anything else can be taught (progressions, looking off db’s, not locking in on one receiver, etc). But I’m not sure the five items I mentioned above can be taught.

Did absolutely nothing in tbe one on one reps that I saw at the senior bowl practices. I mean absolutely nothing.

One rep against Andre Dillard was a joke how easy it was for Dillard

The only guy in the Senior Bowl that should be in the discussion for the #13 overall pick is Montez Sweat.

I’d agree with that based on what I saw this week but consideration more than run the card up. I do like the long stride. Covers ground in a hurry as a result. Space redirect is pretty good too. 5th year senior though right?

Daniel jones just doesn’t have enough arm to make drive throws. Showed that all week. And evidently he’s quiet as a church mouse personality wise. I do think that someone may buy into drew locks arm, personality, and swagger top half of round 1 though.

That’s not jay cutlers coming out howlitzer though. Jay would have impaled that wr with the ball on the missed td. Flat footed and all.

Last edited:
They need to get Murray or Lock. As simple as that. And they need to move up to the top of the draft, give up whatever needs to be given up, and move up like a month ago they should. Every day they wait the price goes up and proves their incompetence. No non-QBs!

They'll have 50 mil in cap space, that is plenty to fill up the roster, and with good players too.

I wanna watch that bama tape of locks.

See if I’m still interested at all after lol

Last edited:
I wanna watch that bama tape of locks.

See if I’m still interested at all after lol

You like this?
https://j.gifs.com/oVR0zB.gif

https://j.gifs.com/yolD3P.gif

https://j.gifs.com/OMl2wL.gif

This GM needs to stop fkn around! Go get the QB!

oVR0zB.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom