Who Would Your Non Qb Pick In The Draft Be At #13 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Would Your Non Qb Pick In The Draft Be At #13

You will have a hard time being a safety let alone a corner in the NFL, most crazy 40 times out of high school are straight up lies, 4.7 out of high school could easily be 4.5 to 4.4 after 3 years of a legit college football strength and conditioning. I'm guessing 4.5 to 4.55 on Greedy.

Can you show me some examples of lost in zone. Cause I know I like this man carry coverage on these tapes of greedys and I like his feet and his ability stay attached. And I also really like how mucb vision he has on tbe football on the boundary in the stem or locating the ball late getting his head around.

And I don’t see 4.7 on this I see late 4.4s to mid 4.5s and I love the length.

Pretty sure this kids gonna be in my top 10 unless you show me something I’m not expecting. Some of the zone break downs I saw looked like they were other guys blowing assignments. And for his size I don’t see hip stiffness or cod hesitation. Which is rare

Tackling wise I’ve seen guys more aggressive to put their nose in there but he’s more than adequate for a boundary corner and might be in some regards saving himself physically for the pros.

Kinda reminds me of a more ball aware in tbe stem and better ball skills William Jackson the #1 corner in cinci. Although Jackson ran 4.39 I think and I’m not sure I see that kinda speed.

I think he has good feel for the ball and the man on the boundary and looks like good situational route recognition

Last edited:
TRADE back and take the best OL, DL, or LB available. Wouldn't take any QB in this draft at 13, not even Haskins.

I haven't gotten as far as I will eventually, with some of these prospects but I saw a mock the other day that had us going Brian Burns in round 1 and Dexter Lawrence in round 2. I like it because it helps us go to 3-4 or 4-3 under...in other words multiple fronts.

I think Lawrence will go higher but he may just be a 2-down player so he will drop a bit. Probably only to end of round 1 though. Maybe top of 2nd.

TRADE back and take the best OL, DL, or LB available. Wouldn't take any QB in this draft at 13, not even Haskins.

The more I think about it the more I feel this is our draft to get our QB. Then saw your post and because of the IMO thoughtful and very sensible choices of OL DL or LB wondered your feelings and hesitation. If you don't think either one of those guys is good enough to be a potential franchise type QB well we just will disagree. But I do see and normally would be banging the doors down for that OL or DL or LB, White if there at 13...but,

1) looks very doable moving up to say Raiders 4th pick and get either Murray or Haskins (both worth the move ) and pretty much giving whatever is necessary 1-2 even 3...

2) No need to Tank 2019, start the build around the new guy...true our draft is seriously effected but IMO worth it.

3) 2020 Draft, all options open to us...

4) an extra year to develop the new QB

5) is that it looks to be very doable and finally have a foundation to build on...We don't know what our situation in 2020 will be and even if the QB's then are worth more than Murray or Haskins..

Again seeing your view, shows me much, like my usual way of moving forward, and rarely ever considering such a large move, actually see this as, yes costly Draft, but getting a guy we need desperately and striking while the Iron is hot...2020 is not even in sight.... 2019 here with IMO tremendous opportunity....

Interested to see your view and clarify things that maybe I missed in my so called insight ..
say one thing it would make watching us next year a whole lot more interesting though understanding we are going to be early development stage..

Last edited:
Probably moot since I’m all-in on Kyler Murray.

But I agree that Ed Oliver should be a pipe dream. There’s no way he’s available at 13. It’s nonsense. I guess because he’s still available in a mock draft or two we have to talk about him, but it’s going to be a useless discussion. But guys like Ed Oliver, Quinnen Williams, Nick Bosa, and Josh Allen are fruitless discussions, barring a trade up.

I like Rashan Gary, Christian Wilkins, Devin White, DeAndre Baker, or Byron Murphy for this team...with the direction they’re heading defensively. I think you could easily justify any of them.

Not a fan of Dexter Williams this high with the probably scheme shift?

Probably moot since I’m all-in on Kyler Murray.

But I agree that Ed Oliver should be a pipe dream. There’s no way he’s available at 13. It’s nonsense. I guess because he’s still available in a mock draft or two we have to talk about him, but it’s going to be a useless discussion. But guys like Ed Oliver, Quinnen Williams, Nick Bosa, and Josh Allen are fruitless discussions, barring a trade up.

I like Rashan Gary, Christian Wilkins, Devin White, DeAndre Baker, or Byron Murphy for this team...with the direction they’re heading defensively. I think you could easily justify any of them.

I totally agree that the conversation is moot because I'm also all-in on Kyler.

However just for the sake of discussion, i would like to know why you think Oliver is nonsense, yet a guy like Devin White is realistic. For the record, I'd be so psyched with either, but I think there is a better chance that Oliver falls over White.

White is being labeled as a Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis type prospect. I think the Raiders make sense for him at 4, the Jags make a ton of sense if they sign Foles, the Broncos make sense. And I don't think there is any way in gods green earth that he gets passed Green Bay.

Oliver, although being a stellar prospect and an Aaron Donald lite, is not a fit for every team. I believe that we are one of the few teams (Along with Oakland and Detroit) at the top half of the draft that will use an undersized DT like that. Although I prefer him to a guy like Gary, I still think teams at the very top of the draft may pass on a 280 LB DT. Remember, Donald was just as heralded as a prospect (even maybe more-so) and was the 13th pick of the draft (ironically).

With all that being said if the reports are true and Murray, Haskins, Lock and even 1 of Jones/Grier go in the top 10, and we hold out, we may end up with an elite defensive player a lot like last year or even a chance at a Jonah Williams type lineman.

I'm still in the Kyler Camp, and will be till draft day, but one of the top 10 position players or a trade down is not a bad prize.

I totally agree that the conversation is moot because I'm also all-in on Kyler.

However just for the sake of discussion, i would like to know why you think Oliver is nonsense, yet a guy like Devin White is realistic. For the record, I'd be so psyched with either, but I think there is a better chance that Oliver falls over White.

White is being labeled as a Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis type prospect. I think the Raiders make sense for him at 4, the Jags make a ton of sense if they sign Foles, the Broncos make sense. And I don't think there is any way in gods green earth that he gets passed Green Bay.

Oliver, although being a stellar prospect and an Aaron Donald lite, is not a fit for every team. I believe that we are one of the few teams (Along with Oakland and Detroit) at the top half of the draft that will use an undersized DT like that. Although I prefer him to a guy like Gary, I still think teams at the very top of the draft may pass on a 280 LB DT. Remember, Donald was just as heralded as a prospect (even maybe more-so) and was the 13th pick of the draft (ironically).

With all that being said if the reports are true and Murray, Haskins, Lock and even 1 of Jones/Grier go in the top 10, and we hold out, we may end up with an elite defensive player a lot like last year or even a chance at a Jonah Williams type lineman.

I'm still in the Kyler Camp, and will be till draft day, but one of the top 10 position players or a trade down is not a bad prize.

I agree, I think Oliver will be there but not White. Most mocks I have seen have him falling. I could see Oliver or our pick of CB's including Williams.

It’s possible Oliver drops. Unlikely but possible.
You have consensus “Big 3” Quinnen Bosa Allen.
You can have 4 QBs top 13.
Leaves us 6 spots.

If CBs kill combine- it’s passing league- they are ultra valuable. You’re playing at least 3 CBs (Burke’s fired right) most time.

Greedy Baker Murphy can sneak in ..
White - the gap between him and next LB immense. Increases his value.
Jonah Williams - likely top 13.
Someone may fall in love with the Bama RB or a WR..
I’m not a Ferrell fan but mistakes are made every year....

275 yeah I think it effects Oliver 285 or north nah

I’m not expecting any 275

Corner, DT or Edge guy: Greedy, Rahsan Gary (don’t think Oliver will be there), Brian Burns or Jachai Polite (if we switch to a hybrid D). I also wouldn’t be opposed to trading back and scooping one of the other top 3 corners in round 1 move back a few spots and snag Deandre Baker or Trayvon Mullen. Especially if we could get a second in next years draft or something along those lines. I want ammo for next years stacked draft

Back
Top Bottom