Who is our arch-rival?

• Jets

Votes: 68 56.2%
  • Bills

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Pats

Votes: 11 9.1%

• Total voters
They all are kind of. In the NFL rivals come and go for the most part. It tends to be the other team that is winning at the moment.

NFL rivals is nothing like college. Being a Michigan fan there is nothing close in the NFL like the rivalry between Michigan and OSU. That is just on a whole different level.

In other forums this exact question was asked and the majority of posters picked the Jets.

Interestingly, Miami wasn’t viewed by other AFCE fans as their arch rival. To them we were ‘meh.’

In the link above, 63% of Jets fans listed the Patriots as their main rival. Kinda funny we get unhinged by them but they’re like ‘whatever.’
I think for most fans in the AFC East that are not fans of the Patriots, New England would likely be viewed as their teams biggest rival simply because the Patriots dominated the division for nearly 2 decades.

In the 1970’s it would have been the Dolphins since Miami dominated the division.

The Bills are now the team to beat in the AFC East. So wanting your team to beat the Bills has now become a priority.

Rivalries are built on teams playing against one another with something actually on the line. For so many years with the Patriots dominating the division, they were the team to root against for Dolphin fans. Now it the Bills.

The Jets haven’t really been a factor in the division in recent years. The dislike for the Jets has more to do with all the Jets fans that live in South Florida. Rather than the fact the Jets are a team that has been a threat to the Dolphins in the division.

Last edited:
I have intense hate and I despise every one of those three teams.

Gun to my head I’d go with the Bills as the “archiest” in the present time and space, The Jets with Rodger’s could very well surpass that though…. And the Patriots are more of a laughing stock to me! 😎

I never understood why the Jets are the most hated by our fanbase. The Jets have not been a threat to anyone in forever. Its the Patriots and should be the Patriots and not even close. Even with the Patriots controversy over recent years with spygate, deflate gate, Aaron Hernandez. And we have had way more memorable games in recent years against the pats than any of the others and its not even close. guess we have to go all the way back to the 80s and maybe the 90s for meaningful Jets and Dolphins games. Tides are changing now to the Bills though. but hating the Jets more than pats would be like the Ravens hating the Browns more than the Steelers, makes no sense.
Its the fans. Obe of the nost detested fan base

I never understood why the Jets are the most hated by our fanbase. The Jets have not been a threat to anyone in forever. Its the Patriots and should be the Patriots and not even close. Even with the Patriots controversy over recent years with spygate, deflate gate, Aaron Hernandez. And we have had way more memorable games in recent years against the pats than any of the others and its not even close. guess we have to go all the way back to the 80s and maybe the 90s for meaningful Jets and Dolphins games. Tides are changing now to the Bills though. but hating the Jets more than pats would be like the Ravens hating the Browns more than the Steelers, makes no sense.
The Jets, no matter how good Miami was, no matter how bad the Jets were, always played Miami tough. The games were never a given. Back in the day, it was a given (until about 1989) that Miami would beat Buffalo. It was a given Miami would beat New England in Miami, but struggle in New England. But the Jets, you never knew. Then Wesley Walker came along. And Mark Gastineau. Shula hated Namath ("I just don't trust that f'in guy") Then we played them in Miami in the mud in the AFC Championship. I don't know anything personally about the fanbase because living in PA I've literally only ever met one Jets fan and he was nice. But for me- they always played Miami tough, knocked them out of the playoffs in 1991, embarrassed them in NY in 1995 when Miami was a Super Bowl favorite, the Miracle in the Meadlowlands, the Spike Game...there's so much insane history between these two teams.
That's my long answer. Sorry.

It all depends on the era we are in. It's always going to be the most dominant one. Wins against the Bills or Jets when we were all fighting to get to .500 where more or less irrelevant tbh. Personally I'm fed up with the whole AFCE, would love to see some realignment that gets us away from these teams.

When competitive, it seems it’s the Jets for me but of course lately it’s the bills and the Pats. Well let’s just say for the past 15 years it was them.
Well, IMO, it doesn't have to be a competitive year for Dolphins/Jets to be a great rivalry. Even though Miami has had a much better history, the series is just about even. Plus, tons of transplanted New Yorkers in Miami back in the day. Also, lots of Dolphin fans in NYC when I was growing up.

There are certain teams you want to beat more than other but I don't think we have hated team to call a rival, nothing like Cleveland/ Pittsburgh type stuff. I dislike all the East teams for obvious reasons but don't consider them rivals. Like a poster said above, rivalries are for college.

For me it's the Jills. Growing up in the 80's and 90's I hated Kelly, Thomas, and Reed on offense. On defense I couldn't stand Smith and Talley made me want to puke. It had nothing to do with them personally, I just hated that they played for the Bills.

Since I've been a Fins Fan, the Jets have basically always sucked. Sure they had a good couple years with Sexy Rexy but other than than they haven't done anything the past 4 decades.

I don't have any respect for the Cheatriots so I can't consider them a rival. To me all of their SB's and wins are tainted. Sure they probably had the best QB and coach at the time, but they cheated. I'll never respect a team like that.

The Jets, no matter how good Miami was, no matter how bad the Jets were, always played Miami tough. The games were never a given. Back in the day, it was a given (until about 1989) that Miami would beat Buffalo. It was a given Miami would beat New England in Miami, but struggle in New England. But the Jets, you never knew. Then Wesley Walker came along. And Mark Gastineau. Shula hated Namath ("I just don't trust that f'in guy") Then we played them in Miami in the mud in the AFC Championship. I don't know anything personally about the fanbase because living in PA I've literally only ever met one Jets fan and he was nice. But for me- they always played Miami tough, knocked them out of the playoffs in 1991, embarrassed them in NY in 1995 when Miami was a Super Bowl favorite, the Miracle in the Meadlowlands, the Spike Game...there's so much insane history between these two teams.
That's my long answer. Sorry.

I didn't experience any of that. I experienced Kellen Clemens and Butt Fumble Jets. I experienced the Miracle in Miami against the Pats. The night courage wore orange led by AJ Touchy feely, Fitzpatrick beating Brady at his last NE home game, knocking them out of first seed and ending an era. The unveiling of the wildcat game. I also had the pain to watch several ass whooping's we received when we were absolutely terrible and Randy Moss made our secondary look like grade school kids. So yes the Patriots will always be the most hated for me. all while they kept winning superbowls and championships and the Jets were just bottom feeders. Always felt like an accomplishment to beat Brady and Belichick.

Last edited:
For me it's the Jills. Growing up in the 80's and 90's I hated Kelly, Thomas, and Reed on offense. On defense I couldn't stand Smith and Talley made me want to puke. It had nothing to do with them personally, I just hated that they played for the Bills.

Since I've been a Fins Fan, the Jets have basically always sucked. Sure they had a good couple years with Sexy Rexy but other than than they haven't done anything the past 4 decades.

I don't have any respect for the Cheatriots so I can't consider them a rival. To me all of their SB's and wins are tainted. Sure they probably had the best QB and coach at the time, but they cheated. I'll never respect a team like that.

Concur.

I loathed Cornelius Bennett & Steve Tasker as much as those listed.

Bruce Smith gets a pass. His battles w/ Richmond Webb were legendary.

p.s. Marv Levy seemed like a decent guy. How he could assemble such a collection of hooligans boggles the mind.

Back
Top Bottom