Who is our arch-rival?

• Jets

Votes: 68 56.2%
  • Bills

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Pats

Votes: 11 9.1%

• Total voters
The Dolphins are 57-56-1 against the Jets. It's been a pretty decent rivalry over the years.

Some fun tidbits:
  • The Dolphins' closest rivalries are with the Raiders (18-18-1), Ravens (8-8), Cowboys (7-7), and Jaguars (5-5).
  • By win%, the team that has given the Dolphins the most trouble is the Texans (3-8).
  • The Dolphins own the Rams (12-2).

Last edited:
All of the above😁
Agree. I think it goes back and forth depending on which team is most competitive.

During New England's run, Miami wasn't often very good so maybe not a huge rivalry.

Buffalo and Miami in the 90's was definitely a good one.

In the 70's, the Dolphins dominated the AFC East with the Colts probably the biggest rivalry in the mid to late 70's.

Right now, it could easily be all three. The Jets should be better with Rodgers and they have a good defense. On paper, the Patriots look like 4th place, but they could be better than that. Buffalo still should be the favorite in the division.

Becoming a fan in the mid 70's, for the longest time it was the Jets.
Recent years I say the Patriots, because they've been the top dog.
The Bills were a pretty good rivalry for a handful of years, but it faded away after both teams became irrelevant for 20 years.
I don't hate/get angry/as emotional about games as I used to, so the intensity of these rivalries has faded for me. If we become a regular playoff contender, maybe divisional rivalries will again mean something to me.
To add to that, I think Miami's biggest rivalry in the 70's was out of division with the Raiders and Steelers. Colts emerged in the mi 70's and kept the Dolphins out of the playoffs a few years with those Bert Jones teams.

In the 80's it was the Jets. In the 90's the Bills. Now, maybe all three.

To add to that, I think Miami's biggest rivalry in the 70's was out of division with the Raiders and Steelers. Colts emerged in the mi 70's and kept the Dolphins out of the playoffs a few years with those Bert Jones teams.

In the 80's it was the Jets. In the 90's the Bills. Now, maybe all three.
Damn, I forgot about the Colts being in the same division. The Colts knocked Miami out of the playoffs in 1975, my first year as a fan, and I cried. I was 8.
But yes, those Raider teams were a big rival, good call.

Damn, I forgot about the Colts being in the same division. The Colts knocked Miami out of the playoffs in 1975, my first year as a fan, and I cried. I was 8.
But yes, those Raider teams were a big rival, good call.
If memory serves, that was the season Miami lost 20-19 to Houston and 10-7 to Baltimore. The Dolphins went 10-4 and missed the playoffs. That loss to Baltimore has to rank as one of the most devastating in Miami's history.

Not sure how the Dolphins would have matched up in the playoffs that year.

I understand the tears. I've only cried once after a Miami loss and that was the Sea of Hands game. Devastating.

Concur.

I loathed Cornelius Bennett & Steve Tasker as much as those listed.

Bruce Smith gets a pass. His battles w/ Richmond Webb were legendary.

p.s. Marv Levy seemed like a decent guy. How he could assemble such a collection of hooligans boggles the mind.
How could I forget Tasker's bubble helmet? Damn, that thing still pisses me off!

It's bounced between the 3 since I've been a fan judging on how good they are, but the Jets have always been that guy no matter how bad they've been.

If memory serves, that was the season Miami lost 20-19 to Houston and 10-7 to Baltimore. The Dolphins went 10-4 and missed the playoffs. That loss to Baltimore has to rank as one of the most devastating in Miami's history.

Not sure how the Dolphins would have matched up in the playoffs that year.

I understand the tears. I've only cried once after a Miami loss and that was the Sea of Hands game. Devastating.
Yep, you are right on with your memory of those games.
Back then only four teams per conference got in the playoffs, too. 3 divisional winners, + 1 wild card. It was tough to make the playoffs.

Right now…it’s the Bills, the Jets storm right into this heavy if Rodgers makes the move!

The Jets are always #1 when the games are relevant ……

In the 70’s the Bill’s playoff teams with “OJ and the Electric Company” couldn’t get passed the Greatest Dolphin teams…..

In the 80’s Miami and the Jets had epic showdowns with Miami having the edge…

In the 90’s The greatest Bills teams ruined the last run of Marino and Shula….

In the Patriots great long run post-Marino? Miami has never put a contender on the field!

Last edited:
Gotta be the Bills, they have knocked us out of contention since the 90s.

Back
Top Bottom