Who is our arch-rival?

• Jets

Votes: 68 56.2%
  • Bills

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Pats

Votes: 11 9.1%

• Total voters

In other Dolphins forums this question was asked and the majority of posters picked the Jets.

Interestingly, Miami wasn’t viewed by other AFCE fans as their arch rival. To them the Dolphins were ‘meh.’

In the link above, 63% of Jets fans listed the Patriots as their main rival. Kinda funny we get unhinged by them but they’re like ‘whatever.’
Jets are a rival to the Pats much like a gnat rivals the car that hit it.

Chad keep in mind the bulk of regulars on here have kids as old as you. Not me, but my wife is your age perhaps lol

Anyhoo, back in the day we had many a good battle with the Jets. 82 AFC Championship game where AJ ate Richard Todd for lunch. A fricken mud bowl. How football should be played. Go watch it.

Lol yea I wasn't even born yet in 82

Well, I look at it like this. I chose the Bills because of the rivalry we have now, but also the rivalry we had in the 90's when they went to 4 SB's. They were just so good, but Miami could generally hang with them most of the time. And now of course, we have another rivalry with them, which will last for another 8-10 years.

In the 2000's till the last few years it was the Pats. That would have been my initial selection, but i think todays rivalry with the Bills is bigger that the Pats.

And the Jets - well I have never seen the jets be a really good team year after year. Sure the beat us now and then, but the Jets suck.

Who do you think is our arch-rival? Older fans will say it’s the Jets

It’s not just “older” fans. It’s historically accurate.

Each individual might have a team they despite more on a “personal basis”. But that doesn’t change the Jests-Dolphins history over 57 years.

Furthermore, while the Cheatriots may have been the team to beat for the past 20 years, the Dolphins weren’t good for most of that period thus a true rivalry hasn’t developed between the two to somehow supersede the history between NYJ and MIA.

Same goes for Buffalo. Although there was certainly a period of time from the late 80’s through the mid-to-late 90’s when BUF eclipsed the NYJ, but not on the whole historically.

Michigan and Ohio State always overrated

In what way, exactly?

It‘s widely regarded as the best rivalry in CFB and one of the top in all of US sports. So you hold a very minority opinion on this.

In what way, exactly?

It‘s widely regarded as the best rivalry in CFB and one of the top in all of US sports. So you hold a very minority opinion on this.
Actually I've been hoping Michigan would win it all. But they just can't get over the hump.

My girlfriend was born in 1998. 🤣
Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

When competitive, it seems it’s the Jets for me but of course lately it’s the bills and the Pats. Well let’s just say for the past 15 years it was them.
Growing up in the 70s 80s the pats and bills sucked - oj ran for 2000 plus yards and the bills were like 3-11.

The jets sucked but even tho they would beat us when no way they should of…

In fact a kid from my HS was a corner for the jets Eric McMillen - he was a good player in HS but no way anyone would imagine he would be a problem for a hall of fame QB like Marino…but to his credit he and his secondary made Dan frustrated many a Sunday afternoon…ha ha….

Later in 2000 and on the dolphins became the thing Zed took out of his toy box in pulp fiction movie…so there’s that…

And now the gun slinging slightly unhinged qb for the bills has turned us into Venezuela after the communist take over…what are you gonna do…standing on bread lines looking for a dog to kill just to eat lunch…

It’s SO hard to b a dolfan…

Back
Top Bottom