Who's the most overrated player in Dolphins history? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's the most overrated player in Dolphins history?

Yep. He had over 1,000 yds his first two yrs in Denver. Held out in '91 and lost his job to Gaston Green. Traded to Miami for Smith, had 470 yds rushing, over 500 yds receiving and was out of the league the following year.
Good grief. Never hold out. I remember when Don Majkowski (the Magic Man) held out after a good season and a guy Mamés Brett Favre was given the job. Not sure Don ever did anything again. I’m sure it cost him a fortune.

Past 30 years...

qb- culpepper
Rb- Ronnie brown/Daniel thomas
Wr- mike Wallace/ Brian hartline
Te- Anthony fasano
Ol- billy milner/ Jonathan Martin/ damion McIntosh/ Jake grove
DL- dion Jordan/ Mario Williams/ Matt Roth
Lb- dannel ellerbe/ koa misi/ Eddie Moore
Db- Jason Allen/ gibril Wilson/ jamar fletcher/ Bobby McCain

these guys aren’t necessarily overrated but I did forget they were dolphins...

Chris Carter
David Boston
Thurman Thomas
Joey Harrington
Lawrence Phillips

Another one I can think of is Grant. The guy makes like one big play a year and yet people here think he's a great player. I see it all the time. "If you get the ball in his hands he can make big plays"......the problem is he's a very small target and doesn't have good hands so with him is all hype and no production.

I have to go with Grant also. I don't know what some people see in him. The only thing he has going for him is his speed. He is like a poor man's Ted Ginn. A short version of him and the same problem of not being able to catch the ball. I don't really even trust him on kick and punt returns, as he is suspect at that too.

Past 30 years...

qb- culpepper
Rb- Ronnie brown/Daniel thomas
Wr- mike Wallace/ Brian hartline
Te- Anthony fasano
Ol- billy milner/ Jonathan Martin/ damion McIntosh/ Jake grove
DL- dion Jordan/ Mario Williams/ Matt Roth
Lb- dannel ellerbe/ koa misi/ Eddie Moore
Db- Jason Allen/ gibril Wilson/ jamar fletcher/ Bobby McCain

Most of those guys I wouldn't call them overrated, they just plain sucked. The Jamar Fletcher pick was just awful. Not only did we not need another cornerback, but Drew Brees was available and we needed a QB.

Marco Coleman.
Before NFL ticket I didn't see as many games as I do now, but I remember announcers hyping him, I remember he got the big contract after 1995 with San Diego, but I don't remember him ever making a whole lot of plays or being a force to deal with, especially considering where he was drafted.

Another overrated player for us was Tannehill. He had absolutely no pocket presence and wasn't a game changing QB. We waited so many years expecting for him to get better, but he never did with us. I'll give him some credit with what he did for the Titans but it is hard to tell if he played better or just had a great supporting cast. Regardless, it was time to move on from him because I didn't see us winning the superbowl with him at QB.

If the Dolphins some how end up with Eason, Love or Herbert....that player will be the most overrated player in Davie lore.

Andre Franklin and his giant shoulder pads......fumble in the epic in Miami with SD proved to be costly.

Good grief. Never hold out. I remember when Don Majkowski (the Magic Man) held out after a good season and a guy Mamés Brett Favre was given the job. Not sure Don ever did anything again. I’m sure it cost him a fortune.
Bobby Humphrey liked the nightlife....and all that that entails.
I remember Majkowski well. Wound up with the Colts. I don't think he held out. He got hurt after signing a big deal in GB and eventually lost the job to Favre.

Bobby Humphrey -

gettyimages-855984740-612x612.jpgbobby-humphrey-denver-broncos-rb-image-taken-color-slide-73754688.jpg

Last edited:
Jake Long was overrated , lets be honest. A former number 1 overall pick who had only a few great seasons for the dolphins.
You couldn't ask for a better start to a career than his tho. 4 straight Pro Bowls, allowed just 6.5 sacks combined his first two seasons. He played great for four years here, then the injures happened. The Rams were the ones who got screwed when they signed him as a FA. I wouldn't say he was overrated when he was a Miami Dolphin, far from it.

Mike Wallace was one of the most overrated players when we signed him and never should have got that contract. I remember people on here fighting tooth and nail for the guy saying he wasnt the problem, and all we needed was a QB.
I don’t think he was overrated, everyone knew he sucked.

Back
Top Bottom