Who's the most overrated player in Dolphins history? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's the most overrated player in Dolphins history?

Jake Long was overrated , lets be honest. A former number 1 overall pick who had only a few great seasons for the dolphins.

I think you must have misunderstood the question, we are not looking the identify the most unlucky player in Dolphins history. Jake long would have been heading to the hall of fame if he stayed healthy.

Yeah, Jake Long wasn’t the most overrated Dolphin ever, not by a long shot. He was the wrong pick, but he wasn’t overrated.

Yeah, Jake Long wasn’t the most overrated Dolphin ever, not by a long shot. He was the wrong pick, but he wasn’t overrated.t

I never understand this argument. Why does anyone ever care about Matt Ryan?

Jake Long should have been blocking for Aaron Rodgers

I'm gonna reach for the obvious and say
Garo Yepremian! That bitch cost us a shut out
in SB whatever against Washington.

Beyond that his ties weren't that great.

He made two pretty big field goals that season over 50 yards that won very close games for us against Buffalo and Minnesota.
I do agree that if you look at his field goal percentage he was pretty damn overrated and erratic

Chris Chambers suggested as the most overrated player is ..... well, beyond laughable.

Even if someone truly believes he was overrated, to then suggest he’s the most overrated out of the 1500+ players that have donned the aqua, orange and white? Crazy talk. It’s not even close.

Dude had 2 double digit TD reception seasons in only 6 1/3 seasons in MIA despite playing in a run oriented offense with average at best QB’s.

Guess how many other Dolphins WR’s have managed double digit TD reception seasons the past 28 years? ONE.

And the franchise only has 14 instances of double digit receiving TD’s in it’s 54 season history. Chambers has 2 of them. Same as Paul Warfield. Same as Mark Duper. Same as Nat Moore.
But sure, he’s the most overrated. :lmfao:

None of the above qualifies Chambers for the ring of honor, but it surely disqualifies him from any “most overrated in history” category.

You can be a good player AND also be overrated, they are not mutually exclusive. See Philip Rivers, Joe Namath, and Terry Bradshaw.

Who was that 'Winebacker" Wrongstat drafted to play special teams? You know, the one that got cold ****ed in a bar fight?

not sure if this would qualify as overrated, but I never understood the affection for Terry Kirby. He never really performed the way that (what I perceive to be) most fans thought he did (at least in my opinion).

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. He was one of the most injury prone players in Dolphin history, but not overrated. I remember watching him prior to his first injury and feeling like Miami had FINALLY caught a good break at the RB position and Marino FINALLY had a backfield mate that could take them to the next level.

Kirby serves as just another example of how snakebit Marino and the Dolphins were at the RB position.

Back
Top Bottom