Who's the most overrated player in Dolphins history? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's the most overrated player in Dolphins history?

You couldn't ask for a better start to a career than his tho. 4 straight Pro Bowls, allowed just 6.5 sacks combined his first two seasons. He played great for four years here, then the injures happened. The Rams were the ones who got screwed when they signed him as a FA. I wouldn't say he was overrated when he was a Miami Dolphin, far from it.
Agreed. He was on a HOF trajectory until the injuries. He was truly great.

I’m going with Long here too. Wasn’t he also notorious for getting false starts and holding penalties during home games as well? I vaguely remember.
No - he had the fastest first step in football so it only looked like he was false starting. He gave up fewer sacks in 3-4 years than some guys give up in 3-4 games. He was a bull dozer in the run game. HOF easily if he did not get injured. For context Laremy Tunsil still has not developed into half the player Jake Long was Pre injury.

Bobby Humphrey liked the nightlife....and all that that entails.
I remember Majkowski well. Wound up with the Colts. I don't think he held out. He got hurt after signing a big deal in GB and eventually lost the job to Favre.

Bobby Humphrey -

View attachment 43329View attachment 43330
Thanks for setting the record straight on the Magic Man - I thought he held out but you’re right he got injured and Favre took over.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned him...

But Reshad Jones.

He was pretty good for a couple of years, but was never Elite... never a game changer...

Yet, we paid him like he was Ronnie Lott in his prime. Reshad is a decent guy, but Oh Lord was he overpaid, and over celebrated.
His 2015 season was incredible - best S in football by every meaningful statistic. He was an absolute monster that year.

Eric green
I don’t know what better describes his one year here - overrrated or overweight / disappointing. He had come off of back to back pro bowl seasons w Pitt. Good player but didn’t really thrive here.

I don’t know what better describes his one year here - overrrated or overweight / disappointing. He had come off of back to back pro bowl seasons w Pitt. Good player but didn’t really thrive here.
'95 was such a disappointing year. 9-7 and lost to Buffalo again in the playoffs. After spending a crap load in free agency. Was a good team... on paper.

Last edited:
Adewale Ogunleye. Got paid for playing across from Jason Taylor.

...and good for him, honestly.

Chris Chambers suggested as the most overrated player is ..... well, beyond laughable.

Even if someone truly believes he was overrated, to then suggest he’s the most overrated out of the 1500+ players that have donned the aqua, orange and white? Crazy talk. It’s not even close.

Dude had 2 double digit TD reception seasons in only 6 1/3 seasons in MIA despite playing in a run oriented offense with average at best QB’s.

Guess how many other Dolphins WR’s have managed double digit TD reception seasons the past 28 years? ONE.

And the franchise only has 14 instances of double digit receiving TD’s in it’s 54 season history. Chambers has 2 of them. Same as Paul Warfield. Same as Mark Duper. Same as Nat Moore.
But sure, he’s the most overrated. :lmfao:

None of the above qualifies Chambers for the ring of honor, but it surely disqualifies him from any “most overrated in history” category.

Last edited:
Ronnie Brown, never more than an average back at best and yet quite revered

I liked Brown but will never forgive Nick Satan from drafting him over Aaron Rodgers because — well, he was so familiar with him having coached against him in the SEC. :rolleyes:

Certainly wasn’t RB’s fault but, for me, easily among the worst draft day decisions in MIA history.

Terrell Buckley, consistently beaten at all levels of the field, yet many people (Dolphins fans and the media alike) spoke very highly of him, could never understand what those people were watching

He did get burned but he also created turnovers, and on that team they needed the ball as many times as they could get it. I remember a couple of games where he single handedly turned the tide. Granted, we do tend to overrate the spectacular play and underrate consistency.

Past 30 years...

qb- culpepper
Rb- Ronnie brown/Daniel thomas
Wr- mike Wallace/ Brian hartline
Te- Anthony fasano
Ol- billy milner/ Jonathan Martin/ damion McIntosh/ Jake grove
DL- dion Jordan/ Mario Williams/ Matt Roth
Lb- dannel ellerbe/ koa misi/ Eddie Moore
Db- Jason Allen/ gibril Wilson/ jamar fletcher/ Bobby McCain
Not sure about overrated but they sure did suck!

Adewale Ogunleye. Got paid for playing across from Jason Taylor.

...and good for him, honestly.
Didn’t he do well on Chicago too though? My point being he had Good sack totals here and then I think he was effective on the Bears as well meaning he likely was pretty good in his own right. I don’t recall fans thinking he was JT but just liking him - I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom