whos ur pick for surprise team of the year. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

whos ur pick for surprise team of the year.

AZ Cardinals....they have Edge and a lot of solid players. I watched a lot of Cardinal games at Sun Devil Stadium over the years, and they have been really bad. Hopefully the fans will come out to support them in their new building.

Cleveland could be good this year but with Cincinnati and Pittsburgh in the same divison im not seein a playoff run this year
im likin Houston, with the addition of Moulds across from Johnson and if they give Carr enough time to throw they could make a run, Tennesse will once again not be much problem this year and the jury is still out on whether Reggie Williams will reach his full potential or just be okay so Jaxsonville could potenially have a problem with receivers
in the NFC Arizona and Detroit
with Arizona it depends on how there divison rivals the Rams embrace scott linehan as the head coach and his offense he has proven he can take a dead offense and make it dangerous now he has alot of talent but how long will it take for them to learn the offense and will Arizona take advantage of the fact they are running this offense for the first time and get a win against them and win both game against San Fransico they could end up 2nd in their divison and maybe rack up enough wins to make the playoffs
Detroits problem is they didnt play well together and everybody pointed there fingers at Harrington, and now that Harrington is gone they dont have there normal scape goat, with first head Coach Marnelli taking the reins will he be able to get this team under control and get the most out of his talent
also Martz does not put up with his receivers running bad routes will the 3 underacheiving receivers step up and take there place among the NFL elite or will they continue there current trend and disapper among the ranks of busts

arizona i believe will be a good team next year but will not win the division, the seahawks are still a very strong team and were only a few bad calls away from being the super bowl champs, i think arizona will be in second behind seattle and infront of the rams and niners and possibly push for a wild card spot but the problem is that this year the nfc is deep with a very solid nfc east division and nfc south with more than a few teams that will push for the playoffs.......i feel that the saints will have a much better year but they will still have the rebuilding of the city and team that will hold them back from breaking out, however sooner than later they will have a solid team, with that said carolina will win the division but will be tailgated by tampa for much of the season.........i think green bay will also improve due to a weak division and im not so sure if the chicago bears are for real, the deffense is obviously there but the offense needs to step up, if the bears play consistent on offense they will easily win the division by about 3 or more games but if not green bay could stick around, most likely favres last year may make it one to remember but most likely not do to they would get massacred in the playoffs.......now for the afc i think the browns and ravens will do solid but that said they are in the same division and not to forget the super bowl champion steelers and bengals, they will improve however not make the playoffs......overall i dont think any of the surprise teams i have listend have a legit shot at making the playoffs, there wont be too much of a shocker in regards to playoff teams, there are too many teams in the nfl that are stacked and have a legit chance to make the playoffs especially the nfc which has improved greatly most notedly the nfc east and south which will be fun to watch this year

- like said before if the fins are considered a surprise team they are deff top of the class, but with all the new additions and the experience of last year rookies they already have high expectations set so its most likely that they would not be listed as a surprise team but a team already heading into the season as a contender :dolphins:

I choose Oakland out of the AFC and Arizona out of the NFC because there division is weak!

I think the Cards will have a big year, maybe give the seachickens a challenge. But I kinda think the Lions might do something. But then again I'v said that every year for like 4 years

Perfect23 said:
But everyone keeps saying that they will finish in last.

It's the "what have you done for me lately" syndrome. They struggled last year and all of a sudden everyone forgets what they had done the previous 5 years. They still have alot of talent and a healthy Eagle team still would have won the div last year and I think they will again this year. Dal and Was don't have QBs and the Giants QB needs to step up to the next level and how long can Tiki Braber last? he's been amazing the last 2 years.

PhinFan0202 said:
I don't think it's impossible for them to win the NFC East but i don't think it's going to happen. The 3 other teams in the division are stacked from top to bottom. If Dallas dosen't implode with T.O. on their team i think they have the best shot at winning the division. The Giants will be a fairly good team next year but don't win the division, maybe push for a wild card. Eagles will be alot better than last year but still need to get a number 1 receiver.

Stacked? I love Santana but he's never been able to stay healthy 2 straight years so that's something to look out for, you can't expect brunell to have another season like last year and they made bad moves(outside of Brandon Lloyd) in the offseason.

Dallas has it all EXCEPT QB, I think they's win the NFC if they had a competent QB.

The Giants made some questionable moves this offseason, drafting another pass rusher(long term it may work out but short term it doesn't help), signing some old or overrated secondary players(the only guy I like is Demps but he is always hurt), Toomer is getting old, Burress is in yr 2 and coming off ZERO ctahces in their playoff game so expect some clashes w/ coughlin this year, Manning was an average QB last year and needs to take a big step, Barber is getting old.

All the teams are solid but have some major question marks and if Philly is healthy(specifically McNabb and Westbrook) they have more than enough D to win that division.

It seems Arizona is a popular pick. But let me ask you guys all 1 thing. Can you name one of there offensive lineman or defensive players? Yes they have probably the best WR tandem in football and one of the top 3 RBs in the league. But that is it. Kurt Warner is garbage, they should have kept McCown and sent Warner packing. Once Leinart gets developed and they rebuild that defense through draft and o-line through free agency, then maybe they will contend. By time they do that however, James will probably be done. The Cards are still at least a year or 2 away.

Tupac Shakur said:
afc= colts...they will be surprisingly bad

I couldn't agree with you more. They will still make the playoffs, but I think losing Edge is HUGE for them! He did essentially everything for that offense and I think they will struggle immensley early on without him. They will get there big strikes in the passing game, but I'm thinking a 10 win season for Indy.

i agree arizona might be a year away but remember Bertrand Berry, he was injured this year and only played 8 games, but still got 6 sacks. Last year he had 14.5 and the year before that he had 11.5.

tampafinfan9201 said:
i agree arizona might be a year away but remember Bertrand Berry, he was injured this year and only played 8 games, but still got 6 sacks. Last year he had 14.5 and the year before that he had 11.5.

You're right, Berry is a solid D lineman and will bring a spark to that D. Also, Antrel Rolle was out for a lot of time last year, I expect him to be a great player.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Kurt Warner is garbage, they should have kept McCown and sent Warner packing.

Pretty bold statement. I love how people can throw out hugely deflamatory comments so easily. Warner has his downside; he getting old, he is brittle, and he can't handle the pass rush extremly well. With the system in Arizona with the quick 3 step drops and his ability to make quick decisions, to get the ball to the right reciever, he does very well. Granted he is a sytem QB and can't fit in every offense but he is very capable in AZ and will put up huge numbers this year if healthy. Being part of one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history and winning SB 34 I doubt most poeple would agree with you.

About McCown, Kitna is gonna win the starting job there. I doubt Josh ever gets a starting gig in the NFL. I am glad we didn't pursue that route.

nyjunc said:
Stacked? I love Santana but he's never been able to stay healthy 2 straight years so that's something to look out for, you can't expect brunell to have another season like last year and they made bad moves(outside of Brandon Lloyd) in the offseason.

Dallas has it all EXCEPT QB, I think they's win the NFC if they had a competent QB.

The Giants made some questionable moves this offseason, drafting another pass rusher(long term it may work out but short term it doesn't help), signing some old or overrated secondary players(the only guy I like is Demps but he is always hurt), Toomer is getting old, Burress is in yr 2 and coming off ZERO ctahces in their playoff game so expect some clashes w/ coughlin this year, Manning was an average QB last year and needs to take a big step, Barber is getting old.

All the teams are solid but have some major question marks and if Philly is healthy(specifically McNabb and Westbrook) they have more than enough D to win that division.

T.O. Will make Bledsoe look really really good. Remember back what he did with Jeff Garcia? made him a 3-time Pro Bowl QB and they still have Glenn, Witten and Jones( sounds like a law firm). Brunell has the support of a running game which will help him out and that system he plays in is basically screens and short passes. Giants didn't improve much but Tom gets his guys playing well.

Back
Top Bottom