whos ur pick for surprise team of the year. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

whos ur pick for surprise team of the year.

My surprise team for the AFC is Houston. IMO Mario Williams will be an effective anchor on their D-line, and the addition of Moulds and some young o-line talent (Winston, etc.) make a case for them to be decently effective, if they can protect Carr, that is. I'm not predicting playoffs by any stretch, but they could legitimately go 7-9, especially with the division they're in (Tenn. will be ineffective, IMO, and Indy will be hurt badly with the loss of Edge....and Jax is a good, but not great, team).

For the NFC, I'm callin either Arizona or Chicago. Arizona has the pieces on offense, and some young talent on D (Dansby, Rolle, and Wilson come to mind). The key is their lines on both sides of the ball...their DEs are solid, but they're a bit thin at DT, with pretty much Dockett and nobody. The Bears are my pick for the team thats surprisingly bad...last year was a fluke, IMO. They're too one-dimensonal, lacking a real offensive punch and relying too heavily on their defense, and they drafted without a clue. They'll go somewhere in the area of 8-8 this year, IMO.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I couldn't agree with you more. They will still make the playoffs, but I think losing Edge is HUGE for them! He did essentially everything for that offense and I think they will struggle immensley early on without him. They will get there big strikes in the passing game, but I'm thinking a 10 win season for Indy.
Many of the posters that I talk with at coltfreaks.com feel the same way.
They downplay how huge it will be but the most even handed poster there whose opinion I respect the most... He sees it like that as well. I still put them in the playoffs because I think they can manage at least a wildcard if they do not win the division outright... again.

sleek said:
The Houston Oilers are gonna do something they been kinda quiet lately
That is a very left handed compliment but I'll take it.
man, it's been a rough going in Tennessee thus far but things are looking up. We drafted a fierce back in LenDale White and we picked up Vince Young... who IMO, is one of the best quarterback prospects ever. I know he's got some major fine tuning to do to make the adjustment to the NFL but the man is a winner. Sure, he throws slightly side arm and his footwork is horrible but he's a very accurate passer... people say that he isn't but he is...

now you guys have not seen me in a minute... many of you have never seen me at all. I joined this forum because I lurked upon a Vince Young discussion and here... I'll post my "guarentee" ...

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2219298&postcount=45
cnc66^
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2220034&postcount=46
Bipolar Titan^

I am not surprised in the least that the Titans have gotten next to zilch attention in this thread, and with good reason, that being "they suck" of course.
Still one cannot deny the game changing power of
Vince Young in the NCAA. He won the Rose Bowl. If the world of the NFL was Wonka's Chocolate Factory, Vince Young might as well have found the golden ticket. This guy has so much more than mere measurables and that is why I was able to declare within a shawdow of a doubt on March 26 that he was going to be taken at #3 by the Tennessee Titans.

Vince Young is the ultimate risk and reward pick. Yes, he, like any pick could be a complete and total bust, and I will concede that Floyd Reese, Tennessee's GM has made a few questionable decisions looking for that elusive "upside"... the likes of which can be found in the Chad Johnsons (I can't believe I'm trying to say this with a straight face) ... Terrell Owens(s) of the league...

But don't sleep on Vince Young... for if you do, you will pay... Vince Young has got the disposition of a hungary leopard when he is on the field. The man is fearless and he is cool and cunning... Not only that... he's bold.

and he will work harder than he has to.

Back in Texas he put a note up in the locker room or on the goal post or something like that to the effect to the whole team... not just 7 on seven drills or whatever they might otherwise do in unorganized practice sessions out of season... any ways... the coaches couldn't run it because it was against the rules of the ncaa, but Vince organized the whole thing. They had every single member of that team show up in full pads ready to do two a days for like two weeks man... no coaches.:sidelol:

There is this other thing I heard was in a magazine article. Something like a corner db or something was alering the middlelinebacker or who ever about Vince's playcall. Vince looks up and looks the middle linebacker in the eyes and said, "yeah, that's the play, and I'm going to keep it. It was a desing draw and Vince ran right through a middle linebacker that knew he was coming straight for him presnap and he gives up a score on a seven yard run. 1st and 10 from the 7.

:evil: He's the black running opposite of peyton manning with all the armstrenth, maybe more. He's a towering 6'5 238 lbs.;) ... He's a freaking huge giant... once he finds his rhythm he won't look back... He'll go and score his way to 50 touchdowns in a season in a few years. Vince Young is going to kick some serious ***.

I think once Vince Young is unleashed the Titans might surprise some people, but it may take until 2007. But at least we didn't screw the pooch and draft Matt Leinart.

The Arizona Cardinals. Many pundits picked them as their surprise team last year, but they failed to deliver. I think they were a little premature with their predictions. I could see the Cardinals finishing with a winning record this year.

The Green Bay Packers to win the NFC North. If I had to bet my house I would choose Da Bears, but it wouldnt surprise me if the Packers and Brett Favre won the division with a 9-7 record.

I've got to agree with the people picking the Cards. They have excellent WRs and if Edge earns his money this year they should post their first winning season since the Civil War.
Conversely, I think the Colts take a nose dive. IMO they are going to miss Edgerrin James.

Bipolar Titan said:
I think once Vince Young is unleashed the Titans might surprise some people, but it may take until 2007. But at least we didn't screw the pooch and draft Matt Leinart.

I think your going overboard by calling him the black running peyton Manning and saying hes going to be getting 50 TD's in yearts to come!

Bipolar Titan said:
That is a very left handed compliment but I'll take it.
man, it's been a rough going in Tennessee thus far but things are looking up. We drafted a fierce back in LenDale White and we picked up Vince Young... who IMO, is one of the best quarterback prospects ever. I know he's got some major fine tuning to do to make the adjustment to the NFL but the man is a winner. Sure, he throws slightly side arm and his footwork is horrible but he's a very accurate passer... people say that he isn't but he is...

now you guys have not seen me in a minute... many of you have never seen me at all. I joined this forum because I lurked upon a Vince Young discussion and here... I'll post my "guarentee" ...

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2219298&postcount=45
cnc66^
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2220034&postcount=46
Bipolar Titan^

I am not surprised in the least that the Titans have gotten next to zilch attention in this thread, and with good reason, that being "they suck" of course.
Still one cannot deny the game changing power of
Vince Young in the NCAA. He won the Rose Bowl. If the world of the NFL was Wonka's Chocolate Factory, Vince Young might as well have found the golden ticket. This guy has so much more than mere measurables and that is why I was able to declare within a shawdow of a doubt on March 26 that he was going to be taken at #3 by the Tennessee Titans.

Vince Young is the ultimate risk and reward pick. Yes, he, like any pick could be a complete and total bust, and I will concede that Floyd Reese, Tennessee's GM has made a few questionable decisions looking for that elusive "upside"... the likes of which can be found in the Chad Johnsons (I can't believe I'm trying to say this with a straight face) ... Terrell Owens(s) of the league...

But don't sleep on Vince Young... for if you do, you will pay... Vince Young has got the disposition of a hungary leopard when he is on the field. The man is fearless and he is cool and cunning... Not only that... he's bold.

and he will work harder than he has to.

Back in Texas he put a note up in the locker room or on the goal post or something like that to the effect to the whole team... not just 7 on seven drills or whatever they might otherwise do in unorganized practice sessions out of season... any ways... the coaches couldn't run it because it was against the rules of the ncaa, but Vince organized the whole thing. They had every single member of that team show up in full pads ready to do two a days for like two weeks man... no coaches.:sidelol:

There is this other thing I heard was in a magazine article. Something like a corner db or something was alering the middlelinebacker or who ever about Vince's playcall. Vince looks up and looks the middle linebacker in the eyes and said, "yeah, that's the play, and I'm going to keep it. It was a desing draw and Vince ran right through a middle linebacker that knew he was coming straight for him presnap and he gives up a score on a seven yard run. 1st and 10 from the 7.

:evil: He's the black running opposite of peyton manning with all the armstrenth, maybe more. He's a towering 6'5 238 lbs.;) ... He's a freaking huge giant... once he finds his rhythm he won't look back... He'll go and score his way to 50 touchdowns in a season in a few years. Vince Young is going to kick some serious ***.

70% of Vince Youngs plays in the Rose Bowl you can throw out the window because they won't work in the NFL.

With that being said I think VY and Lendale White could be the second coming of Steve McNair and Eddie George for the Titans.

dominizzo said:
I said it last year and i will say it again this year

Arizona CArdinals

Well, you were wrong last year and you're wrong this year :lol:

Seriously, until they get some serious OL upgrades and a decent D, they scare no one. I'd watch out for Cleveland, personally, although they're in a tough division. The Saints are interesting, too - they'll either be horrible or make a decent push, and I can't quite decide which.

Back
Top Bottom