Why Bama's Fall in the Rankings to 5 is Good for Miami...?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Bama's Fall in the Rankings to 5 is Good for Miami...??

Turbisky lol! That guy is a bad QB!
That was my attempt at sarcasm. Man he is awful. I have no idea why he was drafted so high. At least it sounds like Chicago is not gonna wait long...his days are numbered. I have Chicago as my landing spot for cam.

No need to yell at me. We're just chatting.
Ok let's talk LOS. You don't believe bama is as good as thier past. But you gotta be honest, their LOS is still better than 99%. I don't want to get yelled at again but bama fans are spoiled...majorly if they don't think bama still has the Los on lock down.
I am not a Bama fan - they are not special at the los this year is all I am saying

I like Tua but I dislike Bama

That was my attempt at sarcasm. Man he is awful. I have no idea why he was drafted so high. At least it sounds like Chicago is not gonna wait long...his days are numbered. I have Chicago as my landing spot for cam.

Chicago mist have been desperate. I just hope Miami doesn’t get desperate if Tua and Burrow is off the board.

Chicago mist have been desperate. I just hope Miami doesn’t get desperate if Tua and Burrow is off the board.
I don't think they were desperate. Just like I don't think the giants were with Jones. It's just the way of the NFL draft. But I also don't think you can compare those two to a Herbert or Fromm. If we "miss out" on tua those two are by no means what Jones and turb are. Herb and Fromm are actually legit. Im not ranking burrow yet as I am waiting for an actual full season.

I am not a Bama fan - they are not special at the los this year is all I am saying

I like Tua but I dislike Bama
I too like tua and very much dislike Bama. I hear what you are saying about bama Los not being "bama". But to discount it as much as they are isn't realist. Cause even tho it's not up to bama standards of having the #1 recruit at every single position ...they are still better than 99% at the los.

Living in the deeeeeeep south, I am no fan of Alabama. I have plenty of friends that are though, so I have my fill of insight on a routine basis.

Having said that, I do like Leatherwood as a late 1st/early 2nd round prospect but do his abilities fit in with our blocking scheme?

Either Ruggs or Jeudy I wouldn't mind having on the roster as I believe we need to add a quality WR sooner rather than later.

The subject of Tua has been beaten worse than all the dead horses combined. In a way, I actually feel sorry for the kid with all the scrutiny surrounding his every moment.

I too like tua and very much dislike Bama. I hear what you are saying about bama Los not being "bama". But to discount it as much as they are isn't realist. Cause even tho it's not up to bama standards of having the #1 recruit at every single position ...they are still better than 99% at the los.
Well I trust TSJ that this D is not Bama-like
I don’t like what I saw - yes they get the recruits they get the names like Surtain but names don’t equal tackles
Success for Bama this year would have taken a gunslingers mentality - unfortunately for Bama fans they came up short - it helps MIA chance at Tua

Yeah, I tried to like Fromm but after watching him, I would be absolutely pissed if we drafted him. I would have rather kept Tannehill. Fromm isn’t a QB that will win his team games. He needs a ton of talent around him.

I think UGA handcuffs him, they want to run 35-40 times and have him throw 18-20 times and that's not a statement to his skill its just not how they are built. He had Bama beat in the SEC title game last year when he was asked to carry that squad. Defense let him down once Hurts came in when they hurt Tua.

And as for the talent statement he hasn't had big time NFL guys to throw to and he isn't a gunslinger so yeah he isn't going to push the ball to guys who are covered, but guys who can run routes and get open yeah he prefers that.

I don't think he is a transcendent player so even as a UGA fan I do not think he is THE GUY. He has a ton of intangibles and is a great leader while having an advanced knowledge of scheme and game but lacks in physical tools. One thing i want us to stop saying for any prospect is "oh he is a winner" if you go to a major college program you will win plain and simple.

But for sake of argument lets say he does the same line as last year's SEC Championship Game (25-39 300 yards and 3 TDs) and UGA beats LSU 31-28....does your opinion change any. Not suggesting he is going to jump to a top 2 guy on your board but would there be any change or you slotted on his abilities?

Bama is going to have the most drafted from any team once again. Those saying bamas d sucks or thier o is only carried by tua without doubt are staright up homers. Either they hate bama so much they spew crap or love bama so much they are hedging so when they don't win the national championship they have some thing to fall back on.

Although bama's defense doesnt "suck" they arent what they have been. They are 30th in total defense which would be 6th best in the SEC. They gave up 450 yards to both Ole Miss and South Carolina. 31 Points to Ole Miss and 24 points to SC. A&M scored 28 and had 389 yards of offense. They gave up over 500 yards to LSU and 46 points.

Don't be fooled. They are being carried by that offense lead by number 13.

Five true freshmen on defense..right up the middle...does not help in Saban's complex defense....next year..watch out.

Five true freshmen on defense..right up the middle...does not help in Saban's complex defense....next year..watch out.

Muschamp may be gone after this year. Wouldn’t surprise me if he comes to work for Saban again on defense.

South Carolina tackles better than Alabama. That’s why they beat Georgia.

At this point a call to brother Bill might not even be a bad idea. Tackling is horrific, and Diggs is no George Teague. Stop trying to rip the ball out instead of tackling.

I'm not so sure about this. Alabama's power rating is still extremely high, well within the top 4 in every major source. In fact, it is a considerable drop off to 5 and lower.

They might need one minor upset or favorable outcome to advance back into the playoffs, but it's hardly much of a long shot. Not much below 50/50. if I had to estimate.

Strength of schedule is an invention of idiots. I have no idea how the younger generations became so obsessed with that type of thing. They used it as absolute argument and can't believe anyone can dismiss it or devalue it. I have had plenty of fun parrying their simplistic attempts on college football boards the past decade or so.

The committee is looking for the 4 best teams. That has been the stated priority throughout. Best team doesn't necessarily mean the best resume. I can have the best resume and be a double digit underdog. There's going to be tons of insistence in that room that Alabama is among the four best, if they finish with one defeat.

Alabama has been excused for home defeats before. Multiple times, including at least two recent championship seasons. It has annoyed the heck out of me but not because I ever questioned whether they were among the best teams.

BTW, I guess if the Alabama defense is terrible it means Tua has carried that team and we need to adjust in that direction.

I'm not so sure about this. Alabama's power rating is still extremely high, well within the top 4 in every major source. In fact, it is a considerable drop off to 5 and lower.

They might need one minor upset or favorable outcome to advance back into the playoffs, but it's hardly much of a long shot. Not much below 50/50. if I had to estimate.

Strength of schedule is an invention of idiots. I have no idea how the younger generations became so obsessed with that type of thing. They used it as absolute argument and can't believe anyone can dismiss it or devalue it. I have had plenty of fun parrying their simplistic attempts on college football boards the past decade or so.

The committee is looking for the 4 best teams. That has been the stated priority throughout. Best team doesn't necessarily mean the best resume. I can have the best resume and be a double digit underdog. There's going to be tons of insistence in that room that Alabama is among the four best, if they finish with one defeat.

Alabama has been excused for home defeats before. Multiple times, including at least two recent championship seasons. It has annoyed the heck out of me but not because I ever questioned whether they were among the best teams.

BTW, I guess if the Alabama defense is terrible it means Tua has carried that team and we need to adjust in that direction.
I haven't seen many of your posts so I'm just a bit curious. Is there a short way to support "strength of schedule" is for idiots.

Only way Bama doesnt make it is if they lose to Auburn, Georgia beats LSU in the SEC championship game, or Baylor goes undefeated. No way Oregon gets in without another Bama lose. I have heard them being power rated outside the top ten by some bettors and the committee is actually looking at analytics now (which is scary) haha

Back
Top Bottom