Why did the Bills run up the Score? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did the Bills run up the Score?

Not going to lie about it, Bills fan here. The Bills played backups the entire 2nd half. "Running up the score" is leaving Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs in the entire 2nd half. Running up the score is NOT Sitting your starting QB, top 2 RB's, top 2 WRs, starting TE, and almost your entire starting defense. That is literally the opposite of "running up the score." That's showing mercy. If the Dolphins have such a problem with it, stop them! They were content to pack it in to get ready for this week.

But how are you going to tell guys, who this may be their first and only shot to play at the NFL level, to not try? Antonio Williams, who is an undrafted rookie free agent... You gonna tell him to not score? That little audition could have actually made him a career in the NFL.

I have a problem with running up the score in high school, etc. But NOT the pros. The Dolphins are also professional players, making a ****-ton of money. If you have such a problem, just stop them. They're the second and third string. If you have playoff aspirations, which the Phish did, then you can't play sour grapes when you get blown out by a bunch of backups. Stop them.
Coming out of the woodworks this week.

Well, if you were McDermott and all your second stringers got real game-time against a top defense, fighting for their playoff lives, wouldn't you LOVE for them to get that experience the week before the playoffs?

What you are suggesting is that the Bills turtle up for Miami's sake. Was that in the Bills' second-stringers' best interest? I don't think so and the Bills coach did what any young team would do with such a great opportunity.

I don't have a problem with that at all. We were sending multiple blitz packages and they were countering. They sent a message that they are who they are and continuously beat the door off of us. Now we have to build a team to stop them which won't be easy because we couldn't do it to the Pats for a freakin decade.

If Flo is who I think he is he'll build a team to compete/stop the Bills. Josh Allen has our number for some reason but them blowing us up isn't their fault, it's ours.

I’m against running up the score. But in this circumstance I wasn’t offended at all. Buffalo was playing second stringers and Miami had the opportunity to stop them.

Besides, when you play twice a year, you have always got the chance to do it yourself.

The one that I thought was truly bad was the Ravens last year. They had some antics that violated good sportsmanship.

Coming out of the woodworks this week.
But what is wrong with his post?

On the drive before Barkley’s bomb, Buffalo ran the ball up the gut on first and second down. What did Miami do? They called timeouts! They also continued to send blitzes.

Buffalo punts and gets the ball back. Buffalo throws it deep. That isn’t happening if Miami isn’t burning timeouts when 9 minutes left in the game trying to prolong things.

Last edited:
You guys are killing me . Our team laid down period. They deserved to get their heads beat in some more. They quit. They let matt Barkley throw on them. They needed a big time win and the bowed out the game early.

They are our division rivals and made a big **** you statement without even doing it in a disrespectful way like fake punts and trick plays. Just an old fashioned ass whooping that we deserved.

You guys are killing me . Our team laid down period. They deserved to get their heads beat in some more. They quit. They let matt Barkley throw on them. They needed a big time win and the bowed out the game early.

They are our division rivals and made a big **** you statement without even doing it in a disrespectful way like fake punts and trick plays. Just an old fashioned *** whooping that we deserved.

I don't think most Dolphin fans disagree with that statement

We did get our butts kicked

I don't think most Dolphin fans disagree with that statement

We did get our butts kicked
You might be right . I didnt read every post in here but I've seen a few here and some of Facebook plus even in real life complaining about getting the score run up on us.

Let me be real clear about this. Any Bills fan that signs up just to troll will be banned immediately

This is a Dolphins fan site so watch your step
I don't think any Bills fan signed up to troll. Adults can have conversations, though. I also go on Jetnation.com and talk with Jets fans pretty regularly.

I don't think any Bills fan signed up to troll. Adults can have conversations, though. I also go on Jetnation.com and talk with Jets fans pretty regularly.

Not true , we banned at least 5 who were just here to troll

Be respectful and you can post here. Bottom line.

Back to the discussion please

Back
Top Bottom