Why did the Bills run up the Score? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did the Bills run up the Score?

My apologies if there is a related thread on this. Would like your opinion on why the Bills ran up the score. I'm thinking you don't do that to a division opponent since you see them twice a year. This is Patriots-que. With 6-7 minutes left in the game, Barkley throws a 56 yard TD. Not only there but way before in the second half, you would think Bills would run the ball to run the clock and go out healthy. Even the broadcasters brought this up. Their defense was balling and they had many opportunities to run out the clock and not pass but they chose not to. There really was no danger for most of the second half of Tua leading a come back.
We got humiliated yesterday only because we didn't show up to play - we put up very little fight. I have said this before here that when one team beats up another by 20 points or more, the losing team 99% of time usually just did not show up to play. It happens every year and to pretty much every team where they have an off day. Example, in NBA recently, Dallas had a 50pt lead on the Clippers by half time. Most people will tell you the Clippers are a sizably better team than the Dallas Mavericks. It happens.
So while Buffalo is definitely better than us, they are no where close to being better than us by 30 points. They showed a lack of class by running up the score. I saw after-the-game exchange between Flores and McDermott and it seemed much more short than normal, in my opinion. I'm sure Flores didn't appreciate running up the score.
Granted, it's our fault for not showing up or putting up a fight, hence Flores saying "we didn't have it (today)." What do you think?

We got humiliated because we deserved it.

Its up to us to stop them from scoring. Period.

Not a UM fan, but I said the same **** during their glory years.

Again, I can safely assume you and many others stopped watching after the Tua pick-6, and who can blame you? That being said, the Bills’ next 2 touchdowns came off 2 Tua turnovers and were scored by an UDFA RB playing in his first ever game. After that Flores got stupid and started calling timeouts. You wanna prolong the game and risk players getting injured, including YOUR young QB? Fine, then they’ll teach you a lesson and go deep.

Once again these are backups, a decent amount of which were bagging groceries at some point this year. They get their one NFL chance and you want them to go victory formation in the 3rd quarter to protect your delicate sensibilities?

Looks like THE CHETMEISTER got the old BAN HAMMER... seeeeeya!

Ah, the old running up the score chestnut. I do like that fans get butthurt by this. You know, it's not even remotely a "classless" move as some people have opined. If you can't stop Matt journeyman Barkley from throwing TD passes to his backups, with your starting defense, then you deserve the score to be "run up". This wasn't running up the score. This was a smart move by the playoff bound Bills. Give Barkley some reps, allow him to play properly in case he's needed in the playoffs.

Again, I can safely assume you and many others stopped watching after the Tua pick-6, and who can blame you? That being said, the Bills’ next 2 touchdowns came off 2 Tua turnovers and were scored by an UDFA RB playing in his first ever game. After that Flores got stupid and started calling timeouts. You wanna prolong the game and risk players getting injured, including YOUR young QB? Fine, then they’ll teach you a lesson and go deep.

Once again these are backups, a decent amount of which were bagging groceries at some point this year. They get their one NFL chance and you want them to go victory formation in the 3rd quarter to protect your delicate sensibilities?

I suspect we will never agree, so I'm one and done.

Yes, I was surprised the way Flo handled a few things. Yes, the D missed tackles. No, I don't blame the twos for wanting to shine. I've been there.

Still, it's not difficult to tell the QB don't call the snap til there are less the 5 sec on the clock. Apparently didn't happen.

Again, teams, very often, go into time-kill mode when well ahead. That's normal. Not required, but normal.

Not here to troll, just wanted to point out the Bills did not run up the score even though the final score looked bad.

21 points from Josh Allen and the starters in the first half. I fully believe Barkley was going to come in toward the end of the first half but when we got the ball back with 1:44 I think they just wanted to work a 2 minute drill, and the ball game wasn't "won" at that point by any means, especially knowing the second half would be all backups.

7 points from a punt return TD.

7 points from a pick six.

The punt return and pick six can't be considered running up the score.

So the points in question, from our backups, total 21 points.

Matt Barkley completed 6 passes in the entire second half on 13 attempts. 1 happened to be for a touchdown, to our 4th string rookie receiver. 2 TDs were scored by a RB who was called up from the PS this week to play game because we'd be resting starters.

All the starters we could bench were benched. Two backup o-linemen were but I think we only took 7 into the game, so we couldn't bench anymore. All backups were in that could be in.

Not here to troll, just wanted to point out the Bills did not run up the score even though the final score looked bad.

21 points from Josh Allen and the starters in the first half. I fully believe Barkley was going to come in toward the end of the first half but when we got the ball back with 1:44 I think they just wanted to work a 2 minute drill, and the ball game wasn't "won" at that point by any means, especially knowing the second half would be all backups.

7 points from a punt return TD.

7 points from a pick six.

The punt return and pick six can't be considered running up the score.

So the points in question, from our backups, total 21 points.

Matt Barkley completed 6 passes in the entire second half on 13 attempts. 1 happened to be for a touchdown, to our 4th string rookie receiver. 2 TDs were scored by a RB who was called up from the PS this week to play game because we'd be resting starters.

All the starters we could bench were benched. Two backup o-linemen were but I think we only took 7 into the game, so we couldn't bench anymore. All backups were in that could be in.
Will you be back here posting if you lose this weekend?

That’s what rivals do. If you don’t want to get embarrassed, show up to play.

Not going to lie about it, Bills fan here. The Bills played backups the entire 2nd half. "Running up the score" is leaving Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs in the entire 2nd half. Running up the score is NOT Sitting your starting QB, top 2 RB's, top 2 WRs, starting TE, and almost your entire starting defense. That is literally the opposite of "running up the score." That's showing mercy. If the Dolphins have such a problem with it, stop them! They were content to pack it in to get ready for this week.

But how are you going to tell guys, who this may be their first and only shot to play at the NFL level, to not try? Antonio Williams, who is an undrafted rookie free agent... You gonna tell him to not score? That little audition could have actually made him a career in the NFL.

I have a problem with running up the score in high school, etc. But NOT the pros. The Dolphins are also professional players, making a ****-ton of money. If you have such a problem, just stop them. They're the second and third string. If you have playoff aspirations, which the Phish did, then you can't play sour grapes when you get blown out by a bunch of backups. Stop them.

Bills fan has no clue who they play just here to post .

Where have you been since 1970 when we dominated your ***.
My comment was obvious sarcasm ... plus rival team fans post on the Bills, and I have no issues when it's informed and not trolling. If you feel my comment was trolling then you should have your forums mods not allow new members unless they submit an Isotoner receipt during registration.

Bills fan has no clue who they play just here to post .

Where have you been since 1970 when we dominated your ***.
Honestly, I wasn't born yet. But don't act like a Cowboys fan. "We're the best ever because we won a Super Bowl 25 years ago, even though we've sucked for the last decade!!!!!!"

Back
Top Bottom