Why I believe SB is still possible... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I believe SB is still possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fins 34 said:
With all due respect fellow Dolfans; TALENT SCHMALENT.

Why does eveyrone insist Miami lacks Talent. That statement is non-sensible.

Zach, Taylor, Bowens, Chester, Seau, Holliday, Madison shall I go on.

Chambers, McMike, Brown, Booker, Boston (?) need I say more?

Who does NYJ and NE have in terms of "TALENT"? Get real. Bellicheck has know-how to get the job done with the "talent" he has. He creates over achievers. Saban will take this team of under achievers and succeed.

Those defensive players are getting old and they were overrated when they supposedly were a great defense.

On O you have some skill(I don';t think Boston is still w/ you) but w/ no QB and a mediocre OL please explain to me how you are going to be great on O?

NE and NYJ have a ton more talent than Miami. We both have excellent lines(both O and D) and very good QBs(great in Brady's case). Those are things Miami doesn't have. Buffalo also has more talent than you and I would pick them to be a playoff team but w/ an inexperienced QB I think they will lsoe a few games they might not if he had a year or 2 under his belt.

nyjunc said:
Give the man a little bit of time, the dolphins simpl,y are not talented enough to compete for the AFC East let alone the Super Bowl.

Now I am not saying that a Superbowl is going to happen but to say that we dont have the Talent is wrong. We have just as much talent on this team as any other team in the league.

We have looked horrible the last few years simply because of bad coaching. We had the most 3 and outs last year because why? We had no talent or is it because even the Opposing Defensive Coordinators Kids knew we were going to run run pass.

The biggest acquisitions we made in the offseason were Saban/Linehan/and Houck. With Houck on the OLine, Linehan calling the plays, and Saban mixing up our D. I wont say we are going to the SB, but I wont say I will be surprised if it happens.

Omaha_Dolfan said:
Now I am not saying that a Superbowl is going to happen but to say that we dont have the Talent is wrong. We have just as much talent on this team as any other team in the league.

We have looked horrible the last few years simply because of bad coaching. We had the most 3 and outs last year because why? We had no talent or is it because even the Opposing Defensive Coordinators Kids knew we were going to run run pass.

The biggest acquisitions we made in the offseason were Saban/Linehan/and Houck. With Houck on the OLine, Linehan calling the plays, and Saban mixing up our D. I wont say we are going to the SB, but I wont say I will be surprised if it happens.

If you think the reason you were 4-12 was b/c of bad caoching then you are in for a surprise. No Wannstedt isn't a great coach but you are not nearly as talented as you think and Miami's talent has been overrated for a long time. That D is supposed to be big time but they always have folded in a big spot and offensively you now have plenty of weapons but who protects the passer and who is the passer? You can't possibly be confident in AJ Feeley.

Trackstar#6 said:
Don't shoot him down so quickly guys. I personally think it is sort of unrealistic to hope for a super bowl next year, but don't jump all over him for being optimistic. You got to appreciate the fans that stay optimistic.
but with that sense, we haveto throw a bucket of cold water on the ones who are dreaming and wake them up.

Fact: This is a first year system. We are not going to the superbowl and we still have a lot of holes on this team. I think playoffs are a legit chance, superbowl, not in the AFC this year. San Diego, who was better than we were last year, got better this offseason. Same goes for Kansas City. If we were in the NFC and the only legit team was Philly, then maybe it would be possible, but no way in the AFC and definately not with a 1st year system in place.

We still have question marks all over the O-line, at the CB position, FS position, and #3 Wr position.

This wouldnt be the first 4-12 team to come back the next season to challenge for a superbowl title.

Im not saying its going to happen simply because we are in a very hard conference and I still question the LT position.

We will have a winning record, Im sure of that.

Philter25 said:
but with that sense, we haveto throw a bucket of cold water on the ones who are dreaming and wake them up.

Fact: This is a first year system. We are not going to the superbowl and we still have a lot of holes on this team. I think playoffs are a legit chance, superbowl, not in the AFC this year. San Diego, who was better than we were last year, got better this offseason. Same goes for Kansas City. If we were in the NFC and the only legit team was Philly, then maybe it would be possible, but no way in the AFC and definately not with a 1st year system in place.

We still have question marks all over the O-line, at the CB position, FS position, and #3 Wr position.

I am not arguing that we are super bowl bound. I think it would be more realistic to try and break 500. I just don't see the point in shooting down a optimistic fan no matter how unrealistic his hopes are. That's his problem, not ours.

We lost 2 games last year by more then 10 points. One was at NE by 14 I believe, and the other was the MNF spanking at the NYJ. We had a chance up to the last possesion of the game against Cincy, Arz, and Sea. Last year might have been the "best" 4-12 ever.

NLude33 said:
We lost 2 games last year by more then 10 points. One was at NE by 14 I believe, and the other was the MNF spanking at the NYJ. We had a chance up to the last possesion of the game against Cincy, Arz, and Sea. Last year might have been the "best" 4-12 ever.
Nice spin :lol:

NLude33 said:

Unfortunately close doesn't count, all of our losses except 1 were down to the wire losses so are you saying we could be 14-2 or 15-1?

SCall13 said:
OK, I don't think Miami is going to the SB...

But i disagree with you on why. People put WAY too much emphasis on "learning a new system". For one thing, all of these players have been around football most, or all, of thier lives and have seen basically every play possible. Saban has said it himself: "Football plays are football plays, the only thing that changes is the terminology." With the exception of the rookies, and perhaps the free agent signings, our players should and probably already know the terminology. After all the camps and preseason games, everyone will be comfortable with the terminology unless they are just plain dumb. Remember people, these guys do nothing else. They play football. This is their job, their job is to know these plays and schemes and formations,etc. And learning doesn't start at the first camp. It's thier responsibilty to know BEFORE camp starts.
I could rattle on and on. I've played football, from Pop Warner to Semi pro(where we ran a wide open NFL offense) and I learned the terminology and plays, formations, etc. When football is all you do, football is what you focus on and terminology is learned. We may not go to the Super Bowl this year, but it won't because they are learning a new scheme.

Fact: You were the second worst team in the NFL last year
Fact: You are in the same division as the 3 time Super Bowl champion Patriots
Fact: The Bills and Jets are improved over last year.
Fact: You have the worst starting QB in the NFL.
Myth: You have a shot at winning more than 5 games.

nyjunc said:
Unfortunately close doesn't count, all of our losses except 1 were down to the wire losses so are you saying we could be 14-2 or 15-1?

Yes you could say that, and I am not implying that we are .500 team with bad luck. But my point I guess is that, we were competitive. We didn't get blown away by anyone (except the one Jets game), and we played tough. With some injured players back this year, some replacement players were we need help, and some better coaching (particulary on the o-line), we can turn those close games into wins. See SD Chargers....

patsdynasty said:
:roflmao: I have seen some funny posts on here but this one takes the cake!!!

bottom line is you guys have no qb and no offensive line....

come back in 2006 and make that statement and it might be possible..

Hmmm....I wonder what Brady's gonna think of your OL after our D gets done with him...

NLude33 said:
Yes you could say that, and I am not implying that we are .500 team with bad luck. But my point I guess is that, we were competitive. We didn't get blown away by anyone (except the one Jets game), and we played tough. With some injured players back this year, some replacement players were we need help, and some better coaching (particulary on the o-line), we can turn those close games into wins. See SD Chargers....

I definitely think you'll be better but I don't see you winning 12 games like SD did. For one their division was down last year and they had a great comeback by their QB and alot of young talent. Miami has young talent on O but the D is getting up there and that would concern me if I was a dolphin fan. If the D holds up and if Feeley does a Brees and becomes a Pro Bowler then you have somthing there but realistically I think you need to shoot for getting back closer to .500.

NLude33 said:

The difference is SD has a guy named Brees. You have the worst starting QB in the history of starting QBs. How many games in a row did Feely throw an int that went for a TD last year?

vt_dolfan said:
Hmmm....I wonder what Brady's gonna think of your OL after our D gets done with him...

I'm not a Pats fan, but i presume it will be something like this, "Our line is played good, but then again the Dolphins are one of the worst teams in the history of professional football! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom