Why I believe SB is still possible... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I believe SB is still possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
byroan said:
We have two talented WR's. Our defense isn't old. I guess you haven't seen how many players we have added to our defense so far. You're wrong, we don't have the worst starting QB. The 49ers do. They are starting a rookie who has never played a game.
Yeah seriously, and let's not foregt how bad Eli Manning stunk it up last year.

Fins 34 said:
Yeah seriously, and let's not foregt how bad Eli Manning stunk it up last year.
So did Feely. Thing is Eli is a rookie and Aj isn't. I'll take Eli over Feely any day.

nyjunc said:
Those defensive players are getting old and they were overrated when they supposedly were a great defense.

On O you have some skill(I don';t think Boston is still w/ you) but w/ no QB and a mediocre OL please explain to me how you are going to be great on O?

NE and NYJ have a ton more talent than Miami. We both have excellent lines(both O and D) and very good QBs(great in Brady's case). Those are things Miami doesn't have. Buffalo also has more talent than you and I would pick them to be a playoff team but w/ an inexperienced QB I think they will lsoe a few games they might not if he had a year or 2 under his belt.

If you think that Pennington is great or even above average you are just as delusional as this original post

WharfRat said:
You want to be banned again? Geez... you are a glutton for punishment aren't you...

:lol:
that was funny? :huh:

Who let you out of the sewer (depths) anyways ,ya rodent.

AZfinfan said:
If you think that Pennington is great or even above average you are just as delusional as this original post

When healthy Chad is one of the best QBs in the league, all I know is the 2 seasons in which he played at least 3/4 of the games we went to the div rd each time and were just a kick away from the title game last year not to mention he led the leaue in passing 1 of those years.

I you don't think Chad is a good QB then I can't help you, you probably think Daunte Culpepper is a great QB.

nyjunc said:
When healthy Chad is one of the best QBs in the league, all I know is the 2 seasons in which he played at least 3/4 of the games we went to the div rd each time and were just a kick away from the title game last year not to mention he led the leaue in passing 1 of those years.

I you don't think Chad is a good QB then I can't help you, you probably think Daunte Culpepper is a great QB.

The key word here is 'healthy'. He kinda has a problem stayin that way....:astro:

WingEater said:
I'm not a Pats fan, but i presume it will be something like this, "Our line is played good, but then again the Dolphins are one of the worst teams in the history of professional football! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Save the smack for the appropriate forum. If you have something intelligent to post, do so... but not in the main forum.

WingEater said:
The difference is SD has a guy named Brees. You have the worst starting QB in the history of starting QBs. How many games in a row did Feely throw an int that went for a TD last year?

How many games did Brees win prior to last season? He lost 9 and won 3. He threw 11 touchdowns, and 15 interceptions.

If you want to go back to Nov. of 2002 he lost 16 and won only 5 games. He also threw 25 INT's to 19 touchdowns in that time span.

Then last season he brought it all together, and won 11 games.

AJ Feeley may or may not be very good this season, but he sure improved in his decision making towards the end of 04, and between him and Gus there is no reason why we can't have decent play at the QB position.

Ronnie Brown now means that other teams are going to have to respect the running game. Last year we had nothing, now we have Brown and Kay Jay Harris, along with Morris, and Minor.

O-line: It has been reported that they received almost no real coaching last year. It boiled down to veteran players sticking around after practice to help coach up the younger guys.

This season will be very different along both the O-line and the D-line.

The D-line was without a real DT the entire 2004 season. This season we will have Chester back (I don't count Bowens, because that guy is STILL having problems moving around...he's done) and added Holliday, Carter, and Roth.

We are getting younger on defense with Roth, Daniels, Poole, and Crowder figuring to make a significant contribution to the team.

We are in a division with some real talent, but the Bills have a HUGE question at QB(Losman is basically a rookie Qb at this point), and the Patriots lost so much coaching, that I have to think that will affect them.

Miami will go at least 8-8, and more likely 10-6 to 11-5.

That's my prediction, and I am sticking to it.

phinphan11 said:
The key word here is 'healthy'. He kinda has a problem stayin that way....:astro:

2 fluke injuries, he has still played at least 3/4 of the season in 2 of his 3 years as the starter(the first he wasn't the starter at the beginning). This isn't a Chris Chandler deal here.

Fins 34 said:
I have seen alot of posts asking about Saban hype, realistic results for this year etc etc etc.

One thing we need to keep in mind is this; Napoleon had a great army but was destroyed becuase of poor decision making. Miami has alot of talent, as much as any team in the NFL (save the QB position???). That said, if Nick Saban makes the right decisions on and off the field, there is no reason to believe we can not win a championship this year. It's not as if Saban is coming in to coach a shabby team and totally rebuild. We have good CB's, Bowens and Chester will be back this year, Zach is a s good as any MLB in the league, our DE's are solid, and we added some help on the D-LINE through FA. Now on offense, we added Brown (good for at least 1000 rush and 300 rec), Scott Linehan will open up the deep ball with Chambers, Booker, Newson and hopefully Boston, McMike will be used more no doubt. Opening up the pass/run attack effectively will also help out O-LINE get it together. I know our big "?" is at QB, let's face it no NFL team is solid at all levels, and besides one of our QB's could have a great year with the right play calling and guidance from the coaching staff.

Do I think Miami has a shot at winning it all this year? You bet I do. It depends on our leadership, but I believe talent wise we have what it takes.:cooldude:

You Are My HERO!!!!!!:cooldude:

dolfan87 said:
How many games did Brees win prior to last season? He lost 9 and won 3. He threw 11 touchdowns, and 15 interceptions.

You forget my finfan friend, Brees has been in the same system for years now. Aj has to learn a new system all over again. So I doubt Feely can turn things around easily as Brees did.

WingEater said:
The difference is SD has a guy named Brees. You have the worst starting QB in the history of starting QBs. How many games in a row did Feely throw an int that went for a TD last year?

Last time I checked, Feely didnt throw any INTs seeing how hes a kicker:shakeno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom