Why I believe SB is still possible... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I believe SB is still possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
WingEater said:
Fact: You were the second worst team in the NFL last year
Fact: You are in the same division as the 3 time Super Bowl champion Patriots
Fact: The Bills and Jets are improved over last year.
Fact: You have the worst starting QB in the NFL.
Myth: You have a shot at winning more than 5 games.

FACT: You aren't even posting anything in argument to what I was saying.

FACT: You are an imbecile.

FACT: If you really think Miami will win 5 or less games, then you are an even bigger imbecile.

nyjunc said:
If you think the reason you were 4-12 was b/c of bad caoching then you are in for a surprise. No Wannstedt isn't a great coach but you are not nearly as talented as you think and Miami's talent has been overrated for a long time. That D is supposed to be big time but they always have folded in a big spot and offensively you now have plenty of weapons but who protects the passer and who is the passer? You can't possibly be confident in AJ Feeley.

We are confident in Feeley. Our offensive line will protect him. We're confident in Houck's abilities as a coach. We were 4-12 last year because of coaching. Wannstedt isn't a great coach? He shouldn't even be considered a coach. He's one of the worst coaches that have ever coached in the NFL. You know why the defense has always folded? It's because our coach was stupid. He got outcoached at halftime. It's proven by how we were outscored in the 3rd quarter.

WingEater said:
Fact: The Bills and Jets are improved over last year.

If you call signing Fiedler and drafting a kicker improving. Then yes the Jets are improved.

If you call starting a "rookie" QB and getting a C grade in the draft improving. Then yes the Bills are improved.

patsdynasty said:
:roflmao: I have seen some funny posts on here but this one takes the cake!!!

bottom line is you guys have no qb and no offensive line....

come back in 2006 and make that statement and it might be possible..

I hate to be the one to break it to ya..but if the Pats had Wanny...instead of Bill as their coach..not a ring you would have my friend...not a ring. And you know that to be the truth. How would Wanny have handled the Bledsoe situation?

byroan said:
If you call signing Fiedler and drafting a kicker improving. Then yes the Jets are improved.

If you call starting a "rookie" QB and getting a C grade in the draft improving. Then yes the Bills are improved.

Also, with the Bills starting a 1st year QB, any progress they might have made(which really wasn't any) was a wash at least.

Fins 34 said:
I have seen alot of posts asking about Saban hype, realistic results for this year etc etc etc.

One thing we need to keep in mind is this; Napoleon had a great army but was destroyed becuase of poor decision making. Miami has alot of talent, as much as any team in the NFL (save the QB position???). That said, if Nick Saban makes the right decisions on and off the field, there is no reason to believe we can not win a championship this year. It's not as if Saban is coming in to coach a shabby team and totally rebuild. We have good CB's, Bowens and Chester will be back this year, Zach is a s good as any MLB in the league, our DE's are solid, and we added some help on the D-LINE through FA. Now on offense, we added Brown (good for at least 1000 rush and 300 rec), Scott Linehan will open up the deep ball with Chambers, Booker, Newson and hopefully Boston, McMike will be used more no doubt. Opening up the pass/run attack effectively will also help out O-LINE get it together. I know our big "?" is at QB, let's face it no NFL team is solid at all levels, and besides one of our QB's could have a great year with the right play calling and guidance from the coaching staff.

Do I think Miami has a shot at winning it all this year? You bet I do. It depends on our leadership, but I believe talent wise we have what it takes.:cooldude:

I won't say we will, but the SB posibilities are there.
This time we must have goals and take priority like this.

A) As the top priority we must consolidate new schemes for offense and defense.
B) We also must evaluate the roster in order to have the real value for each piece of this team, in order to know how big our holes are, so we may fill them. The biggest question is A.J. Feeley, who should improve an become a titular NFL QB.
C) Win games with 3 weapons: discipline (coached playbook), strategy (knowledge of your enemies) and courage (2nd or 3th efforts on every play). A last weapon is a just in case: luck.
D) Win important games.
E) Win playoff berth.
F) Win division. (optional)
G) Win playoff games.
H) Win conference title.
J) Win Super Bowl.

We won't be doing the J goal if A-H don't, 'cause this is the path and Saban knows it. It's my word A-C will be for sure. D is this season goal for realistics. E-F are for optimistics.G-H are for dreamers. J is for RW's friends who smoked so much.

byroan said:
Getting rid of Drew and adding more speed via the draft thus giving Losman more weapons has improved the bills. What grade did people give us when we drafted McGahee? Remember , these so called experts were the same one's who picked Miami to win the sb 2 years ago.

You know why the defense has always folded? It's because our coach was stupid.

Then why did the D always fold under Jimmy Johnson as well?

If you call signing Fiedler and drafting a kicker improving. Then yes the Jets are improved

We upgraded at backup QB, signed a good backup RB, upgarded at WR and receiving TE, K, STs in general and we had a bucnh of young guys who should develop. We are w/o a doubt better than last year as long as Chad is healthy.

Trackstar#6 said:
I am not arguing that we are super bowl bound. I think it would be more realistic to try and break 500. I just don't see the point in shooting down a optimistic fan no matter how unrealistic his hopes are. That's his problem, not ours.
Yea I know your not tryin to argue that bro.....

I just like to bring other fans back down to earth from making silly statements. They give the bills, jets, and pats fans easy ammo to fire back.

byroan said:
Which you know isn't going to happen.

I don't know that, he got hurt on 2 fluky plays the past 2 years. I'm confident he can stay healthy enough.

nyjunc said:
Then why did the D always fold under Jimmy Johnson as well?

Jimmy Johnson wasn't a good caoch either. Good personnel guy, that's it.

We upgraded at backup QB, signed a good backup RB, upgarded at WR and receiving TE, K, STs in general and we had a bucnh of young guys who should develop. We are w/o a doubt better than last year as long as Chad is healthy.

Chad staying healthy is a huge IF. Trading a 1st round pick for an ok TE was DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB. A Wanny-like move. And using a second rounder on a kicker when there was ALOT of talent to have....yeah, the Jets have improved. Pfft. :shakeno:
And your backup RB situation isn't as good as it was with Lamar.

nyjunc said:

So you upgraded your backup QB, which is good cause Penny cant make it a full season.

I would agree at WR, you guys shoulda never let Coles go and that was a good trade. Coles >> Moss.

You downgraded your backup RB.

Every team pretty much "upgrades" special teams every year in the draft. Thats a moot point because as younger players develop and older players move on, special teams can remain cyclical.

I havent been following the Jets much this offseason, hows your defensive line looking?

SCall13 said:
Also, with the Bills starting a 1st year QB, any progress they might have made(which really wasn't any) was a wash at least.
that's like saying...any improvement the fins may have had ( NE game) is a wash being that you replaced Wanny w/ a rookie HC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom