Why I believe SB is still possible... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I believe SB is still possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
nyjunc said:
I don't know that, he got hurt on 2 fluky plays the past 2 years. I'm confident he can stay healthy enough.

Your confidence in him staying healthy isn't going to keep him from taking hits and getting his fragile self hurt.

nyjunc said:
I don't know that, he got hurt on 2 fluky plays the past 2 years. I'm confident he can stay healthy enough.

A Jets fan confident that Penny can stay healthy and play a 16 game season is like a Fins fan confident the Fins go undefeated. Both of them prolly only happen once a century. :lol:

Justasportsfan said:
that's like saying...any improvement the fins may have had ( NE game) is a wash being that you replaced Wanny w/ a rookie HC?

Nope, completely different. We went to a bonehead to a very good head coach. Saban won't be on the field throwing picks under pressure and getting sacked and harrassed like Loserman will.

WingEater said:
Fact: You were the second worst team in the NFL last year
Fact: You are in the same division as the 3 time Super Bowl champion Patriots
Fact: The Bills and Jets are improved over last year.
Fact: You have the worst starting QB in the NFL.
Myth: You have a shot at winning more than 5 games.

:lastyr:

byroan said:
If you call signing Fiedler and drafting a kicker improving. Then yes the Jets are improved.

If you call starting a "rookie" QB and getting a C grade in the draft improving. Then yes the Bills are improved.

The Jets lost because of a kicker, so they drafted a kicker. And Fiedler is their backup, not their starter. Maybe you should take notes for future QB busts?

Judging the draft after a year is kinda dumb, so grading the draft before the first minicamp really shows your intellegence.

nyjunc said:
If you think the reason you were 4-12 was b/c of bad caoching then you are in for a surprise. No Wannstedt isn't a great coach but you are not nearly as talented as you think and Miami's talent has been overrated for a long time. That D is supposed to be big time but they always have folded in a big spot and offensively you now have plenty of weapons but who protects the passer and who is the passer? You can't possibly be confident in AJ Feeley.

Not that big of a suprise. The team did much better under Bates than under Wanny with the SAME players.

Im confident in AJ Feeley. He is healthy and progressed every game last season and did decent under Bates. With an improved Oline and a running game, I am very confident he will benefit and be better. I mean he pretty much couldnt get any worse with the NO running game, no offensive scheme, and no Oline he had last year. :lol:

SCall13 said:
Nope, completely different. We went to a bonehead to a very good head coach. Saban won't be on the field throwing picks under pressure and getting sacked and harrassed like Loserman will.
We replaced a bonehead qb w/ a rookie qb w/ so much potential. Saban is a potential too you know. He isn't proven.

WingEater said:
The Jets lost because of a kicker, so they drafted a kicker. And Fiedler is their backup, not their starter. Maybe you should take notes for future QB busts?

Judging the draft after a year is kinda dumb, so grading the draft before the first minicamp really shows your intellegence.

Fiedler won't be a backup very long. They didn't lose because of their kicker. They should have never been in the position of needing 3 points. I laugh at you trying to put down my intelligence. :roflmao:

You should change your avatar, you're clearly not a Phins fan.

SCall13 said:
FACT: You aren't even posting anything in argument to what I was saying.

FACT: You are an imbecile.

FACT: If you really think Miami will win 5 or less games, then you are an even bigger imbecile.

This just in, the Miami Dolphins are now on the clock!

Why will the Dolphins win more than 5? Their D is old, their O line is of poor quality, they have the worst starting QB in the league, they are banking everything on a rookie RB and head coach, they have one talented reciever but he has never had that breakout season, and they play in the toughest division in football. That adds up to loses in my book!

byroan said:
Fiedler won't be a backup very long. They didn't lose because of their kicker. They should have never been in the position of needing 3 points. I laugh at you trying to put down my intelligence. :roflmao:

You should change your avatar, you're clearly not a Phins fan.

I had a different avatar, but the administers didn't like my dead and bloody dolphin...

WingEater said:
This just in, the Miami Dolphins are now on the clock!

Why will the Dolphins win more than 5? Their D is old, their O line is of poor quality, they have the worst starting QB in the league, they are banking everything on a rookie RB and head coach, they have one talented reciever but he has never had that breakout season, and they play in the toughest division in football. That adds up to loses in my book!

We have two talented WR's. Our defense isn't old. I guess you haven't seen how many players we have added to our defense so far. You're wrong, we don't have the worst starting QB. The 49ers do. They are starting a rookie who has never played a game.

WingEater said:
I had a different avatar, but the administers didn't like my dead and bloody dolphin...
Gee, I wonder why. :rolleyes:

SCall13 said:
Chad staying healthy is a huge IF. Trading a 1st round pick for an ok TE was DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB. A Wanny-like move. And using a second rounder on a kicker when there was ALOT of talent to have....yeah, the Jets have improved. Pfft. :shakeno:
And your backup RB situation isn't as good as it was with Lamar.

In a weak late 1st rd it was not dumb, we got the corner we wanted in rd 1 PLUS the TE PLUS the K we wanted. It was a stroke of genius. Dumb is trading a 2 for a 3rd string QB or a 3 for a 3rd string RB.

And using a second rounder on a kicker when there was ALOT of talent to have....yeah, the Jets have improved

This is a special Kicker and considering we missed 2 makeable FGs that kept us out of the AFC Title Game I'd say upgrading K was a priority.

And your backup RB situation isn't as good as it was with Lamar.

I agree but it's still pretty good. Blaylock is good and a different weapon than Jordan, where I think it will affect us is late in games when teams were used to Curtis and then lamont came in and gave them a different look. Blaylock gives a similar look as Curtis only w/ more speed and less vision.

I havent been following the Jets much this offseason, hows your defensive line looking?

Our DL will be one of the best in the league. We lost Jason Ferguson but he was very good last year b/c of the players he played alongside of. WEe have 3 PB caliber DL so the guy playing w/ them will do fine(we'll have a rotation of Lance Legree, James Reed and our 3rd rd pick). Dewayne Ropbertson is blossoming into a star and Shaun Ellis is one of the best all around DE's in the league.

Your confidence in him staying healthy isn't going to keep him from taking hits and getting his fragile self hurt.

How is he fragile? B/c he took 2 fluky shots and got hurt? He has been punded in 3 years and almsot always bounces up and he played w/ a torn rotator cuff last year. he's very tough and he'll be fine.

A Jets fan confident that Penny can stay healthy and play a 16 game season is like a Fins fan confident the Fins go undefeated. Both of them prolly only happen once a century.

The good news is w/o him for 3 games and w/ him hurting in about half the games we went 10-6 and were a kick away from the title game.

ScuzBox said:
Winning a division title is going to be tough enough, never mind advancing through the playoffs. Two years fo Saban before we go deep into the playoffs.

i know this is off topic but, hey! a bluenose!
i am also a blues fan, S**t on the villa, welcome brother
:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom