Why Is Our Game at 4?!?!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Is Our Game at 4?!?!!

For one thing, its still hot as **** in Miami at 4:00, anyone who's been there can tell you that. And it's the only 4:00 home game all year. I swear, people will complain about anything.

Looking at this weeks schedule Atlanta playing at Miami makes it Fox's only 4 oclock game,could it be part of a double header?

i dont like it, because as far as i know the jags are on at 4 and it means in orlando im going to get screwed out of seeing the game. have to go to ale house or something.

This certainly isn't taking away an advantage "heat" wise. We probably practice in the bubble more than Atlanta practices outside . . . and it isn't exactly "cold" in Atlanta. The heat "advantage" is truly one of those "overrated" things since that bubble was instated . . . I'm pretty sure home W/L records since that thing has made its presence known reflect that.

What having the game at 4 pm does do is allow less reasons for more fans to show up to the game and crowd noise needs to be our X factor in this game. It's still gonna be hot and humid but we need the crowd to get behind this front 4 and knock Matt Ryan on his ass.

I live in Miami. It's still hot as hell and humid at 4pm. The sun is just going down around 7pm. It's really hot in Atlanta but I don't think they have the level of humidity that we enjoy!

I agree. Infact, I actually think the humidity is WORST at 4pm than it is at 1pm.

Unless we have a front or other weather system coming through, the morning heat is much drier and easier to play in. Usually we get the afternoon rain showers, followed by more sun, which turns South Florida into a sauna.

My only gripe about 4pm games is driving home at night. (I have a long drive now that I live in Ft. Myers:( )

i dont like it, because as far as i know the jags are on at 4 and it means in orlando im going to get screwed out of seeing the game. have to go to ale house or something.

Jags game is on CBS, Phins game is on Fox... you should be good to go...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

doesn't hurt my feelings one bit, I have to work every other fri-sun 7pm-7am, every year I burn vacation the first few weeks of the season. its requested even before the schedule is announced, and then I cancel or switch if need be. u burned one vacation day for sunday night. at least this way, getting home at 830 in the morn from work (me and pops meet for breakfast every sunday morning) I can still get me about 6 hours sleep in and then get prepped for my beers and game. if at 1 I would get 3 hours sleep and be miserable for game win or lose. so no feelings hurt here. we're not playing the packers who've prob had an enjoyable summer camp weather wise. and even not in Miami I know how miserable it is living in the SE this time of year (even though im not gonna complain cause this has been a good year weather wise) trust me, just living in NC I know that some days I break a sweat in the 3 minutes I walk outside to burn a cig. and back in college at ECU I rarely went to sept games, it was so miserable. so yes, the sun wont be blaring down on the players, but im sure its gonna be miserable for both teams.. but for me, on this date, im happy it was moved to 4

This is a CBS double header week. I believe that the other network, in this case Fox, is required to have one late game opposite. Perhaps Fox is allowed to determine which matchup they would like as the late game. Does anyone know whether the CBS late double header game, Indianapolis @ SF, is allowed to be shown in the Atlanta and Miami markets? If so, and since Fox will want to maximize market share, it makes sense for them to have relatively small market teams occupy the late game slot. If Chicago or New York (NFC) played at 4:00pm, many viewers in those markets would choose to watch Indy @ SF.

Back
Top Bottom