Why Is Our Game at 4?!?!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Is Our Game at 4?!?!!

I don't know about Florida, but in Texas it's hotter at 4 than it is at 1, and doesn't start cooling until the sun is pretty low.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

doesn't hurt my feelings one bit, I have to work every other fri-sun 7pm-7am, every year I burn vacation the first few weeks of the season. its requested even before the schedule is announced, and then I cancel or switch if need be. u burned one vacation day for sunday night. at least this way, getting home at 830 in the morn from work (me and pops meet for breakfast every sunday morning) I can still get me about 6 hours sleep in and then get prepped for my beers and game. if at 1 I would get 3 hours sleep and be miserable for game win or lose. so no feelings hurt here. we're not playing the packers who've prob had an enjoyable summer camp weather wise. and even not in Miami I know how miserable it is living in the SE this time of year (even though im not gonna complain cause this has been a good year weather wise) trust me, just living in NC I know that some days I break a sweat in the 3 minutes I walk outside to burn a cig. and back in college at ECU I rarely went to sept games, it was so miserable. so yes, the sun wont be blaring down on the players, but im sure its gonna be miserable for both teams.. but for me, on this date, im happy it was moved to 4

My dad was a prof at ECU during the 60s. I was born at Pitt Memorial.

Small world.

The kickoff time for the late games for the network having the double header is 4:25pm. Any late games on the opposite network would start at 4:05pm.

Sorry, DeathStar. I check 506 sports.com and CBS has back to back double headers and the game won't be televised nationally. Go figure, the game that is being televised on CBS is Indy vs the 49ers. The link is below.

http://506sports.com/nfl/

Quote Originally Posted by Phindog View Post
Looking at this weeks schedule Atlanta playing at Miami makes it Fox's only 4 oclock game,could it be part of a double header?

That's the reason.

CBS has the doubleheader last week...It's Fox turn this week.

Thoght so.As far back as I can remember miami playing so little 4 oclock games, any time it happened it was part of a double header.

I don't know about Florida, but in Texas it's hotter at 4 than it is at 1, and doesn't start cooling until the sun is pretty low.

Yes, its hot as a mofo at 4pm here, doesn't start to cool off until about 6pm. At the stadium though it's all about where the sun is , around 4 or 5 it starts to get behind the stadium and most of the stadium becomes shaded, so it makes it a little more bearable.

Maybe it's better that it's a 4:05 pm start. After all, the Super Bowl is in New York this year so the Dolphins need to acclimate themselves by having as many cold weather games as possible.

:woot:

Why on earth is our game at 4 Sunday? We're giving away one of our biggest home field advantages...that south Florida heat...let those dirty birds sweat...I'm upset about this

so that people who are attending the game (like me) can get ****faced from noon to 3:50PM at a massively awesome tailgate before the game starts.

Maybe it's better that it's a 4:05 pm start. After all, the Super Bowl is in New York this year so the Dolphins need to acclimate themselves by having as many cold weather games as possible.

:woot:

And boy am I rooting for this SB to be COLD! If it's snowing, that would be ****ing
awesome. Or sleet maybe.

The kickoff time for the late games for the network having the double header is 4:25pm. Any late games on the opposite network would start at 4:05pm.

Not sure what you mean by this post. If you click on the link it clearly shows that CBS has the double header not FOX. Indy and the 49ers is in bold which is the game of the week.

Not sure what you mean by this post. If you click on the link it clearly shows that CBS has the double header not FOX. Indy and the 49ers is in bold which is the game of the week.

Yeah we are the under card on the other channel. Still getting pushed aside for Andrew Luck. LOL.

Be thankful you guys don't live on the WC and don't have to get up at 10 every Sunday after a heavy night of drinking....you guys will manage.

Be thankful you guys don't live on the WC and don't have to get up at 10 every Sunday after a heavy night of drinking....you guys will manage.

Sounds like a little hair of the dog and nothing that a ceasar and a blunt can't fix. :up:

There's nothing better than having an excuse to drink at 9 or 10 AM. I loved living on the WC when I was out there.

There's nothing better than having an excuse to drink at 9 or 10 AM. I loved living on the WC when I was out there.

No matter how great the morning of drinking may be, it doesn't help when you're a 21 year old who's used to 10 hours and is only getting 6 and waking up in a drunken heap...

Back
Top Bottom