Why Is Our Game at 4?!?!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Is Our Game at 4?!?!!

No matter how great the morning of drinking may be, it doesn't help when you're a 21 year old who's used to 10 hours and is only getting 6 and waking up in a drunken heap...

You live in Vancouver, you have the best hangover cure known to man readily available. Now put on your big boy pants, start acting like a man and twist one up/start chugging the vodka.

I don't want to ever hear someone, especially a 21 year old, complaining about having to get up to early while they are still drunk because they have to get up and watch football. As a 35 year old, with two kids, a wife and a mortgage what I wouldn't give for a care free Sunday like that. You will soon find out you are living the dream.

You live in Vancouver, you have the best hangover cure known to man readily available. Now put on your big boy pants, start acting like a man and twist one up/start chugging the vodka.

I don't want to ever hear someone, especially a 21 year old, complaining about having to get up to early while they are still drunk because they have to get up and watch football. As a 35 year old, with two kids, a wife and a mortgage what I wouldn't give for a care free Sunday like that. You will soon find out you are living the dream.

Oh man, totally aware. But **** I love complaining just as much as living the dream.

Falcons is our only 4 PM game as of now....

Ravens 1 PM
Bills 1 PM

Bengals (Thursday Night) 8:45

Rest of schedule is 1 PM (flex obviously)

Not sure what you mean by this post. If you click on the link it clearly shows that CBS has the double header not FOX. Indy and the 49ers is in bold which is the game of the week.

I use to keep track of what station had the double header before NFLticket, being in NY it was tough getting phins games other than MNF, Jets/Phins, Bills/Phins. I was just guessing also,if Miami/Atlanta played at 1 there would be No 4 oclk Fox games.Possibly an NFL thing.

Also Double headers can go back to back weeks to the same station,then Fox gets a back to back double header in the near future to off set.

Why on earth is our game at 4 Sunday? We're giving away one of our biggest home field advantages...that south Florida heat...let those dirty birds sweat...I'm upset about this

Why are you complaining?? You and I live in Buffaloland and it's about the only chance we have of getting to see the game on TV.

Others thought that it was a Fox doubleheader week since CBS had it last week. My point was that you can tell that this week was also a CBS doubleheader week since the Dolphins game on Fox was a 4:05pm start rather than a 4:25pm start.

Not sure what you mean by this post. If you click on the link it clearly shows that CBS has the double header not FOX. Indy and the 49ers is in bold which is the game of the week.

No matter how great the morning of drinking may be, it doesn't help when you're a 21 year old who's used to 10 hours and is only getting 6 and waking up in a drunken heap...

Suck it up and drive on, Nancy. When I was 24 I would work all day, go out all night drinking, and
show up bright and early for PT (Exercise) at 0500, still drunk.

Seriously, WTF?

Oh, you're Canadian....Never mind.

football is the new Christmas morning for me. I get up before any pregame has even started. I would love football at 10

Suck it up and drive on, Nancy. When I was 24 I would work all day, go out all night drinking, and
show up bright and early for PT (Exercise) at 0500, still drunk.

Seriously, WTF?

Oh, you're Canadian....Never mind.

Come on now, would it not be better to get a sleep in after the long night of drinking instead of getting up at 5 in an ideal scenario? I guess your point is Canadians like to sleep unlike everyone else...

And I know you're full of it, cause how can you get drunk on that watery stuff Americans pass off as beer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Every dolphin fan knows 1:00 games in September have always been our advantage. The same as late December games in Buffalo or Lambeau or to there respective teams.

Every dolphin fan knows 1:00 games in September have always been our advantage. The same as late December games in Buffalo or Lambeau or to there respective teams.

It's not always about what the Dolphin organization or we the fan wants,its the NFL calling it's shots.Check out the Bills/Jets game got pushed to 4 Oclock also.Sometimes the NFL just needs some 4 oclock games.

SUN, SEP 22 TIME (ET) TV TICKETS LOCATION
Green Bay at Cincinnati 1:00 PM FOX 5,483 available from $52 Paul Brown Stadium
St. Louis at Dallas 1:00 PM FOX 10,947 available from $15 AT&T Stadium
San Diego at Tennessee 1:00 PM CBS 3,165 available from $19 LP Field
Cleveland at Minnesota 1:00 PM CBS 3,110 available from $17 Mall of America Field
Tampa Bay at New England 1:00 PM FOX 2,037 available from $101 Gillette Stadium
Arizona at New Orleans 1:00 PM FOX 1,688 available from $64 Mercedes-Benz Superdome
Detroit at Washington 1:00 PM FOX 5,385 available from $39 FedEx Field
NY Giants at Carolina 1:00 PM FOX 3,079 available from $35 Bank of America Stadium
Houston at Baltimore 1:00 PM CBS 1,629 available from $120 M&T Bank Stadium

Atlanta at Miami 4:05 PM FOX 4,249 available from $39 Sun Life Stadium
Buffalo at NY Jets 4:25 PM CBS 5,287 available from $44 MetLife Stadium
Indianapolis at San Francisco 4:25 PM CBS 6,497 available from $69 Candlestick Park
Jacksonville at Seattle 4:25 PM CBS 3,421 available from $90 CenturyLink Field

Being on the west coast, I like the 4PM start. It is actually 1PM here.

im a stern believer in morning drinking. but im also an alcoholic, when im on vacation and my plan is just to drink for a week straight, drink and eat til I pass out, wake up rinse wash repeat. ive had workers at the grocery store question me on the fact of "didn't you just buy two cases yesterday, you're getting two more today" "yup im on vacation, ill see you again tomorrow" ive almost accepted the fact that my liver will give up on me by the age of 40, but if your asking if I can be up drinking til 3-4 pm then up at 10 to watch a game. well theres a good chance I skip that 6-7 hours of sleeping and just keep drinking and then pass out after the game. more than likely though if I was on the WC I prob would sleep most the afternoon then start my drinking at 11 pm, and then keep it up until after the fb game. but to each its own. time of day never ruined my drinking, even the dang London games,

To put this into perspective it's not a huge deal. Temps around 1 pm will be close to 85. Temps around 4pm will be around 84. Temps around 7pm will be around 82. So it might make a 2-4 degree difference Sunday. Unless the stadium causes additional shade on the field (don't know off the top of my head) then it'll still be hotter than the 72 in the dome in Atl.

Back
Top Bottom