Why not play Rosen? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not play Rosen?

2 pick 6's from Fitztragic today, I've seen enough. Time to see what we have in Rosen. He threw a few beautiful balls today that would have went for td's if they weren't dropped. He just may be our franchise QB.

Everyone and their mother said play him after the bye.

Stick to the plan.

It was a stupid plan. Rosen showed better capability of moving the team in preseason. Fitzpatrick looked completely incompetent in his time out there.

By starting Fitz it allowed for a couple bad potentialities. He could have played well enough that he would have been hard to bench which would have been a loss on the long run. The other thing is what we actually have, which is that we now have an historically bad, entirely inept offense that a young QB is going to have to be responsible for turning around.

Being tasked with turning around a completely inept, dysfunctional offense is what Rosen was tasked with last year in AZ. If we were trying to set him for failure, we've done the best thing possible.

Should have started him week one.

My personal opinion is once they determine the abilities of the o-line Rosen will start.

My personal opinion is once they determine the abilities of the o-line Rosen will start.

I have a hard time figuring out that Rosen or anyone else on this offense will be here once they actually determine an o-lines abilities.

The line is going to be bad all year long. The team may be worried about ruining a young QB, which is absolutely the dumbest thing imaginable. Why worry about a player's future if you're never gonna let him play for you?

I would argue they’d still lose but Rosen would be given a chance to develop.

Rosen still has more starts than alot of NFL qbs. How many more does he need to "develop"?

He absolutely is! Did you not see him throwing? Rosen was trying to get points after Fitz screwed this game. Rosen hit Grant in the face 50 yards down field which should have been caught.

By that metric, should have kept Tannehill then.

So....we are tanking for Tua and we afraid to start our future backup QB? How does that even make sense?

What was the point of trading for Rosen? Whether it is next week or after the bye week......let the kid play and see what he can do.

At least this team won't get a dime of my money. I'm actually making money betting against them. It's the weirdest feeling ever. My favorite team. I have to bet against them to even watch the game.
this was the first time in pretty much forever that i didnt watch a fins game because i didnt want to, i even watched every game of the 1-15 season and didnt consider not watching...its just not worth it anymore. I actually enjoyed my sunday for once. Like i said in another thread i really feel for the season ticket holders that spent alot of money and are forced to endure this.

We as fans owe this organization nothing, no loyalty just like how the players have none. Theyve taken our money for decades and given us nothing in return except misery. While im ok with tearing it down completely for a rebuild i dont have any faith theyre going to build anything more than an 8-8 team again. Miami is just dysfunctional from top to bottom and weve seen owners change, gms change, coaches change, qbs change, yet the results are always the same...

ive lost all faith in this organization at this point. With that said the gutting ofthe roster is the right move but it shouldve been done 10 years ago.

My wife said today we may never see another Miami Superbowl win in our life ...so good luck to the youngsters here

i agree. the only way to really know if Rosen will be the one is to play him.

Rosen still has more starts than alot of NFL qbs. How many more does he need to "develop"?

From what I've read it takes around 2 seasons before you should fish or cut bait on a QB, possibly a bit more if the team is really bad:

Back
Top Bottom