Why not play Rosen? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not play Rosen?

Report: Dolphins to consider starting Rosen after back-to-back blowouts.

After being outscored 102-10 in a pair of losses to open the season, the Miami Dolphins might be making a change under center.
The Dolphins will consider benching Ryan Fitzpatrick in favor of Josh Rosen for next week's game against the Dallas Cowboys, sources told Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald.
Miami was shut out Sunday in a 43-0 loss to the New England Patriots. Fitzpatrick threw three interceptions, two of which were returned for touchdowns over the span of five second-half plays.

Fitzpatrick, 36, had 89 yards on 21 attempts before being replaced by Rosen, who threw for 97 yards and a pick on 18 attempts. The Dolphins trailed by 23 points heading into the fourth quarter when the 22-year-old entered the game.
Miami acquired Rosen from the Arizona Cardinals this offseason in exchange for a second-round pick. The Dolphins need to see what they have in the former first-rounder before next year's draft, during which they're widely expected to target a top quarterback. 35 min ago TheScore

From what I've read it takes around 2 seasons before you should fish or cut bait on a QB, possibly a bit more if the team is really bad:

Well I'm glad you read it. But that doesn't matter to me. As others sure seem to show it within weeks of their 1st start. One in Arizona showed more in 1 quarter than Mr Rosen showed all of last year on just as bad a team.

Report: Dolphins to consider starting Rosen after back-to-back blowouts.

After being outscored 102-10 in a pair of losses to open the season, the Miami Dolphins might be making a change under center.
The Dolphins will consider benching Ryan Fitzpatrick in favor of Josh Rosen for next week's game against the Dallas Cowboys, sources told Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald.
Miami was shut out Sunday in a 43-0 loss to the New England Patriots. Fitzpatrick threw three interceptions, two of which were returned for touchdowns over the span of five second-half plays.

Fitzpatrick, 36, had 89 yards on 21 attempts before being replaced by Rosen, who threw for 97 yards and a pick on 18 attempts. The Dolphins trailed by 23 points heading into the fourth quarter when the 22-year-old entered the game.
Miami acquired Rosen from the Arizona Cardinals this offseason in exchange for a second-round pick. The Dolphins need to see what they have in the former first-rounder before next year's draft, during which they're widely expected to target a top quarterback.

Quoting full articles with no link?

Rosen still has more starts than alot of NFL qbs. How many more does he need to "develop"?

WTF you smoking? First of all, I'm pretty sure statistically Rosen does not have more starts than most nfl QBs. Second, those starts were with a staff so inept they were fired in one year. Third, pretty much every QB in nfl history, save for about ten guys, have struggled as rookies. It's part of the normal development process.

WTF you smoking? First of all, I'm pretty sure statistically Rosen does not have more starts than most nfl QBs. Second, those starts were with a staff so inept they were fired in one year. Third, pretty much every QB in nfl history, save for about ten guys, have struggled as rookies. It's part of the normal development process.

Most YOUNG QBS. Better?

And Mr Murray has shown better with the same talent level in Arizona in a shorter stretch. Mr Mr Mayfield in CLE has shown more in a shorter stretch.

Darnold and Allen both have their believers.

Your talking points on Arizona are Tannehillesque at this point. Always a excuse for a pet project.

The only time Miami even looked like they were a threat to score today was Rosen putting it on the money on a couple WRs who had a case of suckage that was running rampant today throughout the roster.

The only time Fitzpatrick crosses midfield is when it’s time to congratulate the other team at the end of the game.

Last edited:
You have to see what you have in him before the draft. He started last year, and now hes benched? His confidence is already ruined
I'll say it again. If his confidence is ruined, and I don't beleive it is, he isn't the guy anyway.

I think it was more of a humbling experience, which might be a good thing when all is said and done.

By that metric, should have kept Tannehill then.

Ryan took alot of **** from the fanbase but he was never the problem, he might not have been the solution but he was also not the problem. He wasnt holding this team back. Look at this team. Did we really lose that much talent from previous years? Stills? Kiko? Wake? Tunsil? who else? this team was devoid of true talent for a long time...you just had a handful of guys who elevated this team from the dumpster fire were witnessing now to mediocre like tannehill, landry, wake, suh etc...there is ZERO elite, or even above avg talent on the miami dolphins.

Well I'm glad you read it. But that doesn't matter to me. As others sure seem to show it within weeks of their 1st start. One in Arizona showed more in 1 quarter than Mr Rosen showed all of last year on just as bad a team.

Kyler Murray is playing in the air raid offense, the offense with the most built in easy completions, and predictably he's gotten a lot of yards and not that many points and no wins. Temper your enthusiasm.

Cause he would of lost the locker room and gotten blown out the first two games

Kyler Murray is playing in the air raid offense, the offense with the most built in easy completions, and predictably he's gotten a lot of yards and not that many points and no wins. Temper your enthusiasm.

Temper my enthusiasm? I'm simply saying that particular ROOKIE is giving that fanbase more hope than their ROOKIE last year.

And the rest is noise. Its excuse making to put Rosen in bubble wrap, away from any criticism, just like your last pet project.

I'll say it again. If his confidence is ruined, and I don't beleive it is, he isn't the guy anyway.

I think it was more of a humbling experience, which might be a good thing when all is said and done.

Rosens confidence shouldn't be an issue. The rest of the offenses confidence is. Under duress with the NE defense knowing passes were coming he threw two perfect deep balls in three plays. This followed a drop by Ballage.

Flores ignored the actual evidence that Fitz showed in preseason compared to rosen moving the ball and he made silly justifications for why Fitz should start. He let Fitz set the tone for the offense and that was ineptitude.

Temper my enthusiasm? I'm simply saying that particular ROOKIE is giving that fanbase more hope than their ROOKIE last year.

And the rest is noise. Its excuse making to put Rosen in bubble wrap, away from any criticism, just like your last pet project.

I actually watched Rosen last year in his first few starts. He made some pretty impressive throws on an offense so inept they looked like they were playing on a field 25 yards wide. Nothing was easy...the exact opposite of the air raid.

Well he’s thrown for 100 yards and 2 ints in mop up duty. Have no idea why he isn’t playing..........

Back
Top Bottom