Why not play Rosen? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not play Rosen?

Still don't think that's true
Well, if stats are an indication, their defense ranked quite low in yds, yet very high in both scoring, and run defense last year. I would say that points to a "bend, but don't break" philosophy.

Well, if stats are an indication, their defense ranked quite low in yds, yet very high in both scoring, and run defense last year. I would say that points to a "bend, but don't break" philosophy.

But you're trying to apply a lot of outside logic to say the Pats were paying loose. What I saw on the field in this situation didn't actually support that except for maybe the very last drive.

But you're trying to apply a lot of outside logic to say the Pats were paying loose. What I saw on the field in this situation didn't actually support that except for maybe the very last drive.
I was speaking to the Pats in general. Not specifically this game. Anyway not really important enough to argue about, given the state of the team.

I was speaking to the Pats in general. Not specifically this game. Anyway not really important enough to argue about, given the state of the team.

In general, BB has had a rather cavalier attitude when it comes to yards versus points. The Pats have had some down years defensively but still kept the points down, which is what he was aiming for. He's pretty much said so at the time. So you're not wrong there.

It would be hard to start Rosen in Dallas for our 1st road game. At best Fits should be on a short leash. Like choking him leash.

It would be hard to start Rosen in Dallas for our 1st road game. At best Fits should be on a short leash. Like choking him leash.

I would go ahead and start Rosen. Fitz is what he is. I like Fitz but Rosen needs a chance. Definitely going to be a tough game and regardless of who starts, we will lose.

Its true. With the hole Flores has dug, there is no good solution.

At the end of the day, I don't want Rosen "ruined", but you can't protect a guy when if you don't find out what he can do you're gonna have to draft his replacement and cast him aside anyway.

The problem with Rosen being inserted so late in blowout games that half the teammates on offense already shut down emotionally. It is not fair to Rosen and neither to his teammates because the loss of concentration leads to dropped balls like today.
In games like today you either insert Rosen at half time when there is a legit chance that with some offense we could reward our happless defense for a pretty decent effort limiting the NE offense to 13 points at half time when they had a 20min to 10min TOP advantage. There are not many defenses who hold a Brady offense to that few points when they have a 2-1 TOP advantage.
Or you do not insert him at all and start him the next game. It is pretty shitty that he was put in for evaluation when the game is completely out of hand.

I can understand the thought process before the season of starting an experienced vet until everything has somewhat gelled. But the offense under Fitzpatrick has been the most inefficient and most pathetic offense I can remember.

There is still a lot of work to be done on defense but I was encouraged by their effort. Like I said to hold Brady and Co to just 13 points with a 2 to 1 TOP advantage for NE in the first half is not an easy task. In the 3rd quarter an INT by Fitzpatrick gave NE the ball at our 35 yard line. And they still just managed a FG. When those two pick 6s happened you could see how they let their heads hang. It must have been deflating.

Rosen did not enter 23-0 down. He entered after two pick 6's made it 37-0.

And who wrote that crap article? Link?
Jack Browne
Rosen did not enter 23-0 down. He entered after two pick 6's made it 37-0.

And who wrote that crap article? Link?

The problem with Rosen being inserted so late in blowout games that half the teammates on offense already shut down emotionally. It is not fair to Rosen and neither to his teammates because the loss of concentration leads to dropped balls like today.
In games like today you either insert Rosen at half time when there is a legit chance that with some offense we could reward our happless defense for a pretty decent effort limiting the NE offense to 13 points at half time when they had a 20min to 10min TOP advantage. There are not many defenses who hold a Brady offense to that few points when they have a 2-1 TOP advantage.
Or you do not insert him at all and start him the next game. It is pretty ****ty that he was put in for evaluation when the game is completely out of hand.

I can understand the thought process before the season of starting an experienced vet until everything has somewhat gelled. But the offense under Fitzpatrick has been the most inefficient and most pathetic offense I can remember.

There is still a lot of work to be done on defense but I was encouraged by their effort. Like I said to hold Brady and Co to just 13 points with a 2 to 1 TOP advantage for NE in the first half is not an easy task. In the 3rd quarter an INT by Fitzpatrick gave NE the ball at our 35 yard line. And they still just managed a FG. When those two pick 6s happened you could see how they let their heads hang. It must have been deflating.

You're right, and inserting Rosen today when another avalanche was taking place almost resulted in a season-ending injury from him trying to do too much to stem the tide.

Or you do not insert him at all and start him the next game. It is pretty ****ty that he was put in for evaluation when the game is completely out of hand.

If this is the type of output you're getting from Fitz then it makes no sense not to start Rosen.

I was really proud of the defense today.
They were completely overmatched by that Patriots offense but they hung in there.
Not only the offense but fought the officiating and their "that push off by Brown in the endzone wasn't that bad..TD" lol..Ridiculous stuff.

The Dolphins offense did absolutely nothing to help them out.

If this is the type of output you're getting from Fitz then it makes no sense not to start Rosen.

I was really proud of the defense today.
They were completely overmatched by that Patriots offense but they hung in there.
Not only the offense but fought the officiating and their "that push off by Brown in the endzone wasn't that bad..TD" lol..Ridiculous stuff.

The Dolphins offense did absolutely nothing to help them out.
Pretty much my point. That is now two games in which the offense produced diddly nothing. The reason for starting Fitzpatrick has been rendered obsolete by his own inability to move the offense.

I don't expect a miracle by Rosen but I want to see growth from one game to the next.

Back
Top Bottom