Why not play Rosen? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not play Rosen?

Pretty much my point. That is now two games in which the offense produced diddly nothing. The reason for starting Fitzpatrick has been rendered obsolete by his own inability to move the offense.

I don't expect a miracle by Rosen but I want to see growth from one game to the next.

I agreed with the coaching staff for not starting Fitz early. Also, I wouldn't be upset if they continue to start Fitz right up until the bye week and then give the keys over to Rosen for the rest of the season.
You don't want to make the QB switch too soon and honestly i think game 2 is too soon.

I agreed with the coaching staff for not starting Fitz early. Also, I wouldn't be upset if they continue to start Fitz right up until the bye week and then give the keys over to Rosen for the rest of the season.
You don't want to make the QB switch too soon and honestly i think game 2 is too soon.
The problem with that is that you are gambling with the psyche of an extremely young and inexperienced defense. Watching them being shifted around trying to find the best possible setup with positive results and when they have somewhat a positive result like today they look like a complete incompetent offense who has neither changed in personnel and/or philosophy much.

This game was actually to be had today.

Problem with this whole worrying about starting the young QB too early is a couple things.
1. It assumed that the offense would establish some cohesion and chemistry by starting Fitz. Instead it has been an unmitigated disaster that will be hard to reverse. It's also similar to how Rosen entered the starting role last year in Az.
2. It ignores that there was never a point in preseason where Rosen looked in over his head, failed to move the ball, and failed to feel the game. He had great ball placement, eluded the rush, and played with competitive fire that you want to see. Fitz, for his part, played as effectively in his preseason dress rehearsal as he has through two weeks. If you ignore the play on the field, you better be right. Rosen was the victim of a clearly slanted QB competition, and when the HC goes with a starting QB that is both illogical based on the state of the franchise and not supported by the play on the field, he better be right. Flores wasn't, and for that and many other reasons respect for him is almost non-existent.

The problem with that is that you are gambling with the psyche of an extremely young and inexperienced defense. Watching them being shifted around trying to find the best possible setup with positive results and when they have somewhat a positive result like today they look like a complete incompetent offense who has neither changed in personnel and/or philosophy much.

That's another issue. For many teams, what they did against the Patriots on defense was a "win". Some teams go an entire game with just a select few defensive stops against them. This beleaguered defense held their own much of the game but still have to deal with the stigma of a non-competitive, laughably bad score because the offense didn't come to play. And we're failing to come to play while wasting our time with an ineffective 36 year old QB.

Just NO..........

You guys are ridiculous in your assumptions. I was one of Tannehills biggest critics. When he started making downfield plays and sealing victories under Gase I supported him.

In either case, I won't feel stupid for supporting a young QB. Of 32 fan bases in the league, the only ones who think it would make sense to start a 36 year old, ineffective QB over a young QB with arm talent are Dolphin fans.

Actually most people understand why Fitzpatrick got the early nod. And have agreed with and understand Rosen will get reps during the season, including starts.

What some of us understand is....the excuse making for this 13 NFL game starter after 7 years of getting rid of another excuse machine, is intolerable at this point.

Rosen has done nothing to warrant such devotion from the rational.

The reason to start Rosen is that he's earned it over Fitz...at least from the preseason games and first two outings. The only reason I would not start him is that you believe the sh!tshow around him will stunt his development or get him killed.

I actually watched Rosen last year in his first few starts. He made some pretty impressive throws on an offense so inept they looked like they were playing on a field 25 yards wide. Nothing was easy...the exact opposite of the air raid.

I watched enough at UCLA to not want the Phins to draft him, and that was with Tannehill being the Incumbent.

And yes, I watched a few late west coast games where a Rosen led team looked atrocious.

I watched enough at UCLA to not want the Phins to draft him, and that was with Tannehill being the Incumbent.

And yes, I watched a few late west coast games where a Rosen led team looked atrocious.

I didn't want the Dolphins to draft Rosen either, because it was stupid at that point for the team to draft a QB. Just like its stupid for any team that lost its first two games 102-10 behind a 36 year old starter, in obvious rebuild mode, to not start a young guy with upside.

Back
Top Bottom