Why the Miami Dolphins will be under .500 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Miami Dolphins will be under .500

PhinDude88 said:
In my eyes, Losmon is very overrated. Just because he can run doesnt mean he is gonna be a good QB. He is going to go through growing pains this year and he isnt going to do what everybody expects him to.

If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that its not just his running ability that is getting everyone excited about him

I am not saying that he is going to have 4000 yards and 30 TDs, but we dont need him to put up Peyton like numbers. With our D and special teams, and with the weapons he has, he should be fine in his first year. He will have growing pains and he will make mistakes, but he will do a fine job

Oc5er said:
Before I start. If you dont have anything intelligent to post, do us all a favor and DONT RESPOND. This isnt a post to "anger" Dolphins fans, its a post made to counteract all the homerism on this website. Its also my opinion, if you dont agree with it, thats fine. But explain why, dont just say stupid things like "OMG GO AWAY" and "YOURE A BARFALLO BILLS FAN." Thank you.

Quarterbacks: Your Quarterbacks are AJ Feeley and Gus Frerotte. Feeley started 8 games last year behind a poor offensive line and threw for 11 TD's and 15 INT's. Not HORRIBLE, but far from good. Frerotte, a 12 year vet with his 6th different team has never proven to be that great. He had one good year in Minnesota in which he started 2 games and posted 7 TD's and 2 Int's. Other than that, hes been mediocre at best. If your O-line is improved, your quarterback play will be much improved but still, there isnt a LOT of talent here. I give your QB's a C.

Running Backs: Lets ASSUME that Ricky Williams never puts on a Miami Dolphins uniform again. Ronnie Brown was a pretty good college running back had good stats, hes a big guy, strong, he'll be able to take a lot of carries and still run strong. But, he IS a rookie and no one knows how he will perform. And, behind him, who do you have? Virtually no one. Assuming Ricky DOES come back, he hasnt played football in over a year, and hes down like 45 pounds from what he was when he was in football shape. PLUS, who knows WHATS going on in his head. He might come back for one game and decide he doesnt want to play anymore. Hes a headcase who cant be counted on. So, unless Ronnie Brown busts out for like 1,500 yards in his rookie year which is highly unlikely. For THIS season, your running back situation could be a problem. I give them a C+.

Receivers: Miami has got some pretty good receivers. But, underacheivers if you ask me. Chambers has the ability to be the best receiver in the AFC East but he hasn't used it. Only 69 catches and 7 touchdowns last year. Thats just not cutting it. Bringing in Marty Booker was a great pick up, he'll help the Dolphins a lot. And assuming that David Boston can stay healthy. Id say hes good for at least 45 or so catches and a few touchdowns. He is coming off major surgery though and hasnt played in over a year so who knows how he'll perform. Derrius Thompson, we wont even get into him. But, of course, your receivers can only perform well when your quarterback can get them the ball. But, assuming you have fairly good QB play, your receivers should do well. I give them a B.

O-Line: Aside from Stockar McDougle, who has Miami picked up? They didnt even draft an offensive lineman until the 5th round. And hes not starting. Its pretty much the same O-line from last year. And if they preform like they did last year, Miami's offense is in for a loooooong season. Nothing really more to say about these guys. They just need to step their game up. I give them a C-.

D-Line: Your strong point. You lost Ogunleye who was a force which did hurt. But, the Dolphins signed Vonnie Holliday and Kevin Carter, both pretty good pickups. And they still have Jason Taylor. This unit has been pretty solid year in and year out and I think theyll have a good year this year. Taylor should have double digit sacks with ease. With the new additions I give them a B+.

Linebackers: Zach Thomas leads this group. Although hes getting up there in age, hes still preformed quite well every year. Junior Seau is pretty much at the end of his career and doesnt really look like the player he used to be at all. I dont really expect much out of him. Other than those guys the Dolphins are lacking. They drafted Channing Crowder who could be a great player for them, but they really need him to step up immediately. Ill say the Dolphins linebackers will struggle a little early but I expect Crowder to step in nicely with the veteran wisdom of Seau and Thomas to help him. I give them a B-.

Defensive Backs: The Dolphins traded Patrick Surtain :shakeno: which leaves Sam Madison as the leader of the secondary basically. Madison has been in the league for 9 years and isnt getting any younger. Hes clearly not the same player he used to be either. Reggie Howard could be a good player for Miami as hes had a pretty good career thus far. And Will Poole had a pretty decent rookie year, hopefully he can keep it up. The Dolphins got Tebucky Jones who im my opinion is very overrated. New England knew what they were doing when they got rid of him and they only benefited from it. And now Jones is on his 3rd team. Neither of the 1st two teams really had any reluctance in getting rid of him. (And you know its tough for me to say this too because im from Syracuse) Your free safety is Travares Tillman, a former Bills cast off. This guys really got nothing to bring to the table. He was nothing more than a backup in Buffalo and I really dont think hes going to do anything for Miami this year. I give the DB's a C.

Special Teams: Mare is solid as usual. And should be again this year. And Wes Welker turned out to be a great special teams guy for the Dolphins. The Dolphins special teams were pretty solid last year and should be even better this year. I give them an A-.

I expect Miami to win more games than they did last year, no doubt about it. And they MAY even finish at 8-8. But, if you ask me, im going to predict a 7-9 record for Miami. These are my opinions. If you want to know how I feel about the my Bills, Ill tell you that as well. Im not a homer as most people are. If you dont agree with these, tell me why. All I ask is that you post something intelligent, please.

i would have liked to see you break down san diego chargers last year, or the rams superbowl team where they came from nowhere. w/ such paridy(probably mispelled) in the nfl all it takes is a few breaks, a new coach, and some players learning to work as a team to go from crappy to superbowl. i'm not saying dolphins will do this but you seem to totally ignore all the new coaches, schemes, and players.

you say saban is a college coach but u fail to talk about when he had #1 defense in the nfl w/ cleveland. belicheck has said that he learned more while working w/ saban than w/ any other coach. he still uses the blueprint that both came up w/ while at cleveland while orginizing and drafting players.

saban hires perhaps the best o-line and offensive coordinator in the nfl. last year the 0-line never played together and were pretty young. this year they have a year together and excellent zone blocking coach. the same guy who turned a 3rd rounder and 6th rounder into starters at san diego. chargers center said he was the most influential coach he ever had and they only worked together for a year.

on defense they have brought in a bunch of new players plus they have the saban defense that is proven. the d line was good before but the new schemes will make them better w/ a lot more blitzes and different formations.

miami goes from probably the most predictable team in the nfl to one of the biggest question marks. all the players are buying into saban which is a really good thing in itself.

w/ such a hard schedule i might agree w/ your 7-9 or 8-8 this year. but next year w/ another draft, more free agents, and an offense and defense that isn't learning anymore but is reacting, i think the dolphins will once again compete for afc east title. and it wouldn't surprise me if they had a break out year this year.

if ricky isn't a flake and you put him and brown together along w/ starting 3 wr, you have a pretty explosive offense. not to mention an o coordinator that will know how to exploit defenses w/ mismatches.

there is no way to really grade this year's dolphins until after the season. so many question marks that could go either way. vernon carey and the young offensive line being the biggest question mark. if they can come together under houck and give feeley or ferotte some time to get it to the playmakers you never know. if ricky can come back after a nice rest and works w/ brown(mr. hands) coming out of the backfield. if boston who has slimmed down can come back to great years. if linehan and houch work their magic. if saban works his magic. there are a lot things that could go well. :)

Mr. Right said:
If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that its not just his running ability that is getting everyone excited about him

I am not saying that he is going to have 4000 yards and 30 TDs, but we dont need him to put up Peyton like numbers. With our D and special teams, and with the weapons he has, he should be fine in his first year. He will have growing pains and he will make mistakes, but he will do a fine job

Ok Mr. Right ( :rolleyes: ) do tell us why everybody likes JP so much if it isnt because of his overrated legs.

Mr. Right said:

You guys are putting alot of stock into a player who's never played, yet you get down on Dolphin fans because they show the same hope for Ronnie Brown. I can't understand that.

I'm sorry, but I don't like what I've heard about Losman. There was a TON of buzz before the draft about him being selfish and difficult to coach. Those are 2 things that can be deadly for a QB (see Ryan Leaf). He was passed over by 3 QB's in the 1st round for a reason, and I'd actually like to see where all of this positive buzz is outside of Buffalo.

PhinDude88 said:
Ok Mr. Right ( :rolleyes: ) do tell us why everybody likes JP so much if it isnt because of his overrated legs.

Wow you know nothing about JP. Overrated legs? What's so overrated about them? They just add another dimension to his game. He is an evasive gunslinging QB who can also scramble, but he is not a scrambling qb.

Wagon Circler said:
Wow you know nothing about JP. Overrated legs? What's so overrated about them? They just add another dimension to his game. He is an evasive gunslinging QB who can also scramble, but he is not a scrambling qb.

I know that JP was overrated in college because of his legs. It is true that he did run well in college, but has he done anything with them in the NFL?

Nope

Ugh. You Bills homers are nauseating and not only that, but you are total hypocrites.

Outside of the armpit called Buffalo, Losman is a ROOKIE who has tons to prove.

Just like many factors on our team our unproven, you are in the exact same boat.

As for the guy who started this thread leaving, that sounds to me like a guy who realized defeat and is going to cry to his fellow Jills that the people over on the Dolphins board were mean. :(

Pathetic really. Let your team do the talking, and quit coming here with posts like "Are you afraid of the Bills?" and "Do you think Losman will be good?"

WE DONT CARE!

Wagon Circler said:

And you have seen him play more then 5 snaps in the National Football League?

Please Ms. Cleo, tell us ALLLLL about JP, because anything you say will be strictly.. POTENTIAL.. just like the Fins.

I guess Mr. Right has nothing good to say about Losman.

Losman is just like a rookie, he hasnt done anything in the NFL except getting owned by ths Pats whenever he played. Losman has alot to learn if he wants to be a good QB in this leauge.

Dolfan1000 said:
Just like many factors on our team our unproven, you are in the exact same boat.

See how you have many factors, we don't. Losman and LT are the only two unkowns on our team. We are confident at every other position, and the players playing the positions know the game plan, they have expieriance in it.

We have a total of 3 new starters from last year when we swept you, how many new players are suiting up for the Fins this year?

Mod Update: Okay... a couple more suspensions and warnings are done. I'm going to re-open this thread. But here's the thing: It's going to stay on topic. It's not a thread about each other... or the Bills... or message boards...

This is a thread about whether or why the Dolphins will be under .500, PERIOD.

ANYONE WHO POSTS ANYTHING OFF TOPIC, PERSONAL AND DEROGATORY, OR SPECIFIC TO ANY TEAM OTHER THAN THE DOLPHINS IS GOING ON VACATION. GOT THAT?

NOW... POST AT YOUR OWN RISK.

hard to support an argument when a person's offered grades don't even add up to his desired resulting opinion...

but then, as soon as someone makes a statement that special teams aren't 1/3 of football -- for ANY team -- they immediately have lost the debate...

while the Miami Dolphins may or may not be above .500 this season, this argument is among the worst i've seen to support such, one way or another -- ignoring MONUMENTAL factors such as injury, coaching, schedule, and the progress made during the all-important upcoming summer; and basing everything on slanted opinion of nothing but positional talent... worse, it's completely feuled by passion and shaded glasses ... it pledged objectivity from the start, and never really followed through...

but really, until they put the pads on, what's the point in making predictions?

Steve spurrier was nothing but a guy with a gimmick.... So what is sabans gimmick?? Even not being a homer saban is savy. At the begining of the off season we were in cap hell, had holes everywhere, and was THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE NFL. Quietly and surely saban has addressed every need and greatly improved the cap situation. This guy is gonna win, make no doubt about it. He works too hard and has too good of a track record. Somewhat thoughtful post at the begining, but i disagree with many points. Though no answers to our disagreements will come until the season starts for most are trivial at best. GO FINS!!!

I think it is a good post you make a lot of good points but I think we will be over 500 this year. We have a good core of great players and with the improvement in our line alone will put us over 500. I also think the DL will give us a lot more run stoping and Ricky is comming back and will be ok next to R Brown. Thanks for the post man.

IMO, if you had at least an average QB, you could be 9-7, but with AJ Feely, you wont get more then 6 to 7 wins

Back
Top Bottom