Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20

There are QBs drafted 'too high' every year
I think we're going to see an inordinate amount this year, seems to be a lot of teams in need plus a few more who's starters are in their twilight. I think we're going to see "project" QB's being reached on and getting drafted a lot earlier than normal this year. Just my hunch...

There are QBs drafted 'too high' every year

Yep, those are known as reaches. They are for desperation only, IMO. We need to stop behaving as though we are desperate. Far from it, compared to most of the NFL. For one thing, if other teams perceive that we will behave irrationally in the draft by reaching for a QB, it will drive the value of all of our round 1 picks down. Instilling doubt in the minds of our competition is a good thing because it drives those picks up in value.

Does anyone think that maybe the coaches have seen enough in Rosen and Rudock that they want to draft other positions? Jesus, the Tua **** is getting on my nerves. Enough already, he ain't Jesus Christ coming to be the savior of this team. Maybe we build up the rest of the roaster through the draft and a few cost effective free agents, and roll with the QB's we have on the roster as of now. We can always pick up one in the 2021 draft if these guys don't pan out. Face it, we have no idea what is going on behind those doors. To quote the wizard of oz...."pay no attention to what is going on behind the curtain"!

Yep, those are known as reaches. They are for desperation only, IMO.
This is not a trend that is about to reverse. The desperation is actually waranted and the fact so many teams are now willing to reach for the position only makes it more difficult for you to get an decent one...

This is not a trend that is about to reverse. The desperation is actually waranted and the fact so many teams are now willing to reach for the position only makes it more difficult for you to get an decent one...

I get it. You are desperate. You will reach, if you are the GM for the Dolphins. I would not. Because I have a little faith that the HC I selected last year will help me choose the right QB for his system without reaching. I will also have faith that my HC can prepare whatever QB we select properly for the NFL. In fact, I may know that our HC already feels quite comfortable with Rosen, so I can afford to select a capable, yet project, QB in the 2nd round.

See what I did there? I created doubt. No one knows what the Dolphins will do. As a GM, I've kept the water murky for everyone. Yay! :woot:

Last edited:
The Dolphins will have three excellent quarterbacks to choose from this draft: Hurts, Herbert, and Gordon.

If we don't take Tua, I would be shocked if we didn't draft Herbert, if he's sitting there at 5. That could be a big long term mistake for the franchise. I doubt they take any other QB with 1a if it is still at #5, trading down to take Love or using 1b or 1c on him is possible too, hell I wouldn't put it past this franchise to panic and take Hurts, Eason or Fromm (if they declare) with a first round pick.

There is so much time between now and April 2020 that articles like this are pretty useless, so much can happen, such as the health status of Tua, trades, QB retirements, scandals, workouts. If you listen to all this crap you'll go insane.
You are correct about time and new info. However the point of the forum is fun talk and speculation.

If we don’t take Tua with our first pick. I’d be open to taking a chance with a 2nd on Love or Eason. I mean these guys will rise and fall in the process so who knows where they go. But they’re interesting guys to coach up

I’d like our 1b pick to probably go towards a pass rusher. 1c- center from OK or Wisconsin

Qb top of first or second, bpa otherwise maybe idk just my rough thoughts

Do you 1st round qb takers realize that we have a head coach that was on the staff that has a HOF qb that was a 6th rounder? HELL Curt Warner won a super bowl , and he was bagging groceries!

Do you 1st round qb takers realize that we have a head coach that was on the staff that has a HOF qb that was a 6th rounder? HELL Curt Warner won a super bowl , and he was bagging groceries!
Great example....

how many other 6th rounders have that much success?

There's no secret. Rosen was almost the lowest rated QB in the league last year after 13 starts. The Cardinals knew what he was and used their #1 overall this year to replace the #10 overall after only a year. With the Fins, I believe Rosen was the worst rated QB over those couple games too.

Rosen didn't play because the locker room would've tuned out Flores if he kept playing the far inferior QB to the career journeyman. Fitzpatrick is so much better than Rosen, it's not even defensible to play him.
Unfortunately I feel you are correct. Fitz has the leader quality that Rosen does not (apparently). Herbert also lacks this, again per articles written. If true, I would avoid drafting a QB to play #1 who does not have that quality.

Back
Top Bottom