Why We Made The Right Call | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why We Made The Right Call

Yawn.

Loved last night. Feel sorry for you.

Feel sorry for me bc I'm convinced the Dolphins made an inconsequential pick? Save it.

I realize this is entertainment and should be all in fun, and optimism is natural around draft time, but if you can't see how clueless our decision makers are, I can't help you.

Great talent coached by the best but no one is considering luck, our luck. Again we are in a Saban related situation and based on the history and irony of our luck, I'd put my chips on red, bad luck with this player i.e. Injury ornot worthy of #11 at the next level.

I know how silly basing my opinion on luck is but if you really have been watching this team, you know they have this cloud hanging over them that is so evident that you can sit at home and go, "Watch, this is what is going to happen because we are the Dolphins" and behold, it does.

Like missing a simple FG early YOU JUST KNOW is going to come back to haunt you in the final mins of a game, the fact that Saban scum DB wizard is involved, I can see irony of a star player just becoming another "blah", non-gamechanging player at 11 pick because, "Ofcourse that would happen to the Miami Dolphins" on a Saban proximity and ONE pick away of what ofcourse will become rookie of the year this season/future hall of fame QB potential.

BTW I know Im using irony incorrectly thanks to Alanis Morissette.

I wouldve gone up for the QB not because our pick isnt worthy or because Tanne may very well still be a question mark but because until we find a QB that WITHOUT A REASONABLE doubt is THE qb, we will never be a contender.

It would not upset me to take 5 qbs in a draft because that and mainly that has been our downfall since the end of Marino. Not OL, RB, DE, LB, DB, WR- these are all discussions we have because what else is there to entertain, that yet again we have a "Who Knows" QB and having to discuss that for how many decades or what feels like decades now?

Great pick. I wouldve preffered a QB. And then another QB.

We had a chance to keep young talent last year and we kept dinosaurs on the bench. When are we ever going to have a Patriot-like bench at THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION IN THE NFL?

Ed Reed : 5'11 - round 1 pick 24
Eric Barry : 6'0 - round 1 pick 5
Earl Thomas : 5'10 - round 1 pick 14
Troy Polamolu : 5'10 - round 1 pick 16

So is this whole post really about Tannehill or what?

Yeah, it is more about Tannehill. I can't believe we are content to roll with him again. I also believe Rosen will be very good, and we will rue the day we let him slide.

Yeah, it is more about Tannehill. I can't believe we are content to roll with him again. I also believe Rosen will be very good, and we will rue the day we let him slide.
You may be right I hope your story ends different way though

At least you're honest about it brotha. I feel you but we got jumped more than letting him slide. To give up any draft ammo to snag a QB would've been a misuse of draft resources. Our team needs to find consistency in bringing in young talent everywhere on the team. We've done well the last few years, and Tannehill has shown enough, IMO, to get more chances.

There will be quarterbacks every year that we can draft or trade the farm for. We have a very affordable, quality option in Tannehill, and building around him for the time being, to see what else he can offer us, was not a mistake. Again, IMO.

So the Dolphins pick a player who is considered one of the best in the draft. A guy that has potential to become an elite DB in the NFL. Yet some fans are calling it a clueless inconsequential pick. People do understand that an NFL roster consists of 53 players and you need more than a good one at just one position? I honestly think people just love coming here to complain about every thing the team does. Sure the Dolphins have been a bad to average team for a long time, sure the front office has made a lot of stupid decisions, however picking a player that many considered a top 5 talent in this draft was not one of the them.

Yeah, a 6 foot safety is going to turn this team around. What a joke.

Our staff IMO was like a deer in the headlights, afraid to make a move unlike our rivals. So we take a safe pick no one will criticize, and continue to go w a 30 yr old qb coming off surgery who has never been to the playoffs and has a losing record as a starter. Our leadership is a joke, and that will become more apparent as we are sure to suck again in the coming year. God I wish Ross would sell the team.

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

At least you're honest about it brotha. I feel you but we got jumped more than letting him slide. To give up any draft ammo to snag a QB would've been a misuse of draft resources. Our team needs to find consistency in bringing in young talent everywhere on the team. We've done well the last few years, and Tannehill has shown enough, IMO, to get more chances.

There will be quarterbacks every year that we can draft or trade the farm for. We have a very affordable, quality option in Tannehill, and building around him for the time being, to see what else he can offer us, was not a mistake. Again, IMO.

Totes understand where you coming from. Simple disagree.

Yeah, we did get jumped, but it was pretty predictable Ari would do that. How much would we have had to give to move up one spot and assure Oak we were going to take a QB, a position they had zero interest in taking? They would have had the next pick anyway.

Again, it comes down to Tanny. You like him, I don't, and again I think Rosen will be very good.

So the Dolphins pick a player who is considered one of the best in the draft. A guy that has potential to become an elite DB in the NFL. Yet some fans are calling it a clueless inconsequential pick. People do understand that an NFL roster consists of 53 players and you need more than a good one at just one position? I honestly think people just love coming here to complain about every thing the team does. Sure the Dolphins have been a bad to average team for a long time, sure the front office has made a lot of stupid decisions, however picking a player that many considered a top 5 talent in this draft was not one of the them.

I guess some fans don't understand that you need a QB. We don't have one. How many years do you need to see Tannehill do nothing before you realize we need to move on? Again, I think Rosen could have been that guy, and that it was worth the gamble. If we hit, we're good for a decade.

I guess some fans don't understand that you need a QB. We don't have one. How many years do you need to see Tannehill do nothing before you realize we need to move on? Again, I think Rosen could have been that guy, and that it was worth the gamble. If we hit, we're good for a decade.

I don't think we had a shot trading up with Oakland considering who they took. Oakland was looking to cash in with the highest bidder. I wanted Rosen,also.

ButDuuude!

Minkah doesn't deserve any hate. Awesome pick! Really effin' sweet!!!

I don't think we had a shot trading up with Oakland considering who they took. Oakland was looking to cash in with the highest bidder. I wanted Rosen,also.

ButDuuude!

Minkah doesn't deserve any hate. Awesome pick! Really effin' sweet!!!

No hate for Fitzpatrick.

Look at Collins for example w the Giants. Great player, but without a QB playing well, doesn't mean squat.

Jay Cutler 2.0...yeah that would have been excellent move...

Or maybe we should have gone after the QB who was mediocre in the Mountain ****ing west...

Or Sam Darnold...you know, the guy who has this thing about turning over the football...

And...well Baker went 1 overall so...yeah no shot at that.

But, sure Bang on Tannehill because you want a change. How is Rosen going to be "really good". Tell me what Rosen does so well? He wasn't a winner, doesn't have all that impressive stats and he played in a weaker conference.

Jay Cutler 2.0...yeah that would have been excellent move...

Or maybe we should have gone after the QB who was mediocre in the Mountain ****ing west...

Or Sam Darnold...you know, the guy who has this thing about turning over the football...

And...well Baker went 1 overall so...yeah no shot at that.

But, sure Bang on Tannehill because you want a change. How is Rosen going to be "really good". Tell me what Rosen does so well? He wasn't a winner, doesn't have all that impressive stats and he played in a weaker conference.

Seriously?

You want proof Rosen will be good? I have none, but it was worth the gamble IMO. You know what I do have proof of? I have proof Tannehill isn't a winning NFL QB.

Back
Top Bottom