Why we'll reach the playoffs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why we'll reach the playoffs

Um...lets not get to crazy now!!!

It would be nice but remember we are in a tough division and in a very tough conference...its possible but I would not bet on it.

We need to be realisitic...the Pats...Jets...and Bills are very solid teams. Plain and simple if we want a shot at a wild card...we need to have at least a 4-2 record against our division rivals...that alone will be tough.

In the rest of the AFC...the Chiefs...Broncos...Raiders...Chargers are also very solid teams...wow...the AFCW maybe just as tough if not tougher than the AFCE this season. In the AFCS you have the Colts...and Jags...and maybe even the Texans as tough teams that should be improved. And in the AFCC the Steelers....Ravens...and the Bengals will be better this season.

I just realized...the AFC has a lot of good if not great teams...I don't know if the Fins make the playoffs this season...I think and 8-8 season will be a huge improvement for our Fins.

All the teams I mentioned are very good but of course injuries will come into play.

I guess we'll have to wait and see...but I'm excited as hell about our Fins so anything is possible.

Go Fins!!!

WiGGy said:
Lay off the sauce bro, the Dolphins will be lucky to win 7 games. Your coach is a rookie and will get schooled more often then not even by the likes of Mularkey of the Bills.
You must be one of those endangered half-witted Bills fans. Here's wishing you, Mularkey and Losman the best of luck this year, BELIEVE me "bro" you're going to need it. Getting schooled will be your speciallty this upcoming season. Man, why do so many bills fans visit this site don't they have their own site to talk sh*t on? I for one wouldn't be caught dead on a "Bills" site, I am missing something here?:roflmao:

Justasportsfan said:
:roflmao:
Honestly a Bills fan with almost 10,000 posts on a Miami Dolphins Fan site, Dude you really need to get a f**king life!:shakeno:

JJT said:
Honestly a Bills fan with almost 10,000 posts on a Miami Dolphins Fan site, Dude you really need to get a f**king life!:shakeno:

Ohhh..Justa will be back for that comment...you can bet on it.

Now I'm looking at why we might have a chance at playoffs, but it depends on our secondary.

Our D. front line, JT, Chester, T. Bo., Carter, Holliday, David B. Rookie DE, Dario, I not sure Zgonia will make it this year, I think the rookie, Vickerson might stick.

Our LB's Zach, Spraran, Seau, Pope, crowder, Jenkins, Ajanbeusya (sP), Moore

Secondary: S. Madison, Poole, Howard, Edwards, Bell, Roundtree, banks, rookie Daniel, now my I'm not sure T. Jones, Tillman, Atkins, S is the ?

out of this we should have a great D. and D win's ball games..There has to be a great 22 players of out that.

BlueFin said:
Sounds like a lot of excuses to me.................

We'll be better because we have a smart coach now who knows how to draft, and also knows how to hire good supporting coaches.

You can't lay all the blame for mediocre quarterback play on everything else, sometimes you just have a mediocre quarterback no matter how good the supporting staff is. Not all quarterbacks are consistent or can be, not all are playmakers.

We'll find out about AJ, if he doesn't improve HIS play from last year we still won't reach our goals even if everything else is fixed.

We made the playoffs with Fiedler.

The Dolphins were in the majority of games they played last year. They are not that far away from being a good team.

testtubetimmy said:
Recently, I've been analyzing why we lost so many games last season, and the few seasons before while also comparing what Saban is doing to fix certain problems. Ive come to the conclusion that we'll almost certainly make the playoffs, and here is why.

Lets start out with the infamous "we lose in December and January" curse.

Much like last year, our last few games of the season are played in a warmer climate, except our very last game January 1st against the Patriots. But starting in December, we are home against Buffalo, AT san diego, home against NYJ, home against Tennesee, then finally at the Patriots. This team functions the best in the warmer weather, so theres not likely a chance we'll "freeze up" come the end of the season.

But we did that LAST YEAR when we had nice games at the end. (keep in mind we won a few, but ill chalk that up to Bates)

Well, dear friends, I studied why we lost so much in the past. Not only was it the coaching style (beat them in the first half and let the defense win the rest of the game) but it was also our defense itself!

By the end of the third and all through the fourth, our defense was so tired from having to win the game on its own, that teams were able to win in the last quarter sooooo many times. So how do we fix this problem?

The easiest solution seems like we should get a younger defense and interchange them with our older defense, allowing them both to get some rest and not be physically exhausted throughout the game. And that is what Saban is planning on doing with these recent draft picks. Also, our defense was so hurt last season (thomas, tim bowens, etc) that there were glaring holes that the team could pound through. With some young talent to fill those holes and a great defensive mind leading the way, we wont have to worry about having a defense too tired to play the full four quarters.

Jimmy Johnson once said (not while with the dolphins) that the key to winning the game was turnovers. The team with the most turnovers lost would lose. So why did AJ Feeley have so many interceptions? Why does any QB throw an INT. Too much pressure, inability to read the defense, throwing before getting sacked. Well, with our HUGE upgrade at line coach AND Offensive Coordinator making things simpler and easier for our players while making it more difficult for defenses to penetrate, we can give AJ (or frerotte, whoever you wish) the chance to throw more down the field to one of our great recievers. (Chambers, Booker, Brown, Boston? Hakim?) Good recievers make a QB better, and any of these guys can snatch the ball out of the air, making AJ seem like hes Delhomme a few seasons ago.

And finally, our backfield. With our new line coach and new schemes, teams cant watch game footage of last year and figure out our running patterns and where our holes will be. (granted they can do it on a game to game basis, like usual, but hear me out) Ricky Williams ran for the league high when he first came to the fins. The next year he did not, because teams new where the holes would be and prepared for him.

Now, imagine for a second, with our new line coach we get sort of a Denver style line, where theres always a hole for our RBs. Now imagine three interchangeable running backs in our lineup, constantly destroying the other teams defense. Ricky Williams, Ronnie Brown, Kay Jay Harris. All with something to prove.

The last thing ill say in this very very long entry is this. Last year, we lost so many games because it was all mental. The coaching staff fighting with eachother. Ricky Williams retiring. The crapload of hurricanes hitting and the worrying about family, players getting up and leaving practice, the organization was in chaos and it showed. All of these played a part in distracting the players and putting them in a losing funk. But now, with everything on one page, great talent, good coaching, and the mental mindset to win, the dolphins will go 11-5 and hit the playoffs running.

Nice post, I agree with all of it. We weren't as bad as our record lead on. We lost quite a few very close games, due to a worn down defense as you said. The fact that the Dolphins coaching staff would rather sit on a lead, rather than go for a win has a lot to do with it. We were an 8-8 team who went 4-12 due to bad coaching.

ohall said:
The Dolphins were in the majority of games they played last year. They are not that far away from being a good team.

Exactly. That was because of our Defense. Our offensive line costed us most of those games. This season depends on how well they improve.

Lukin said:
Exactly. That was because of our Defense. Our offensive line costed us most of those games. This season depends on how well they improve.

And on our QB play....whether it be Feeley or Gus.

Lukin said:

I don't see it that way. I think our D let us down as much as our O did last year. Our rush D really had no right to even be called that last year. It was horrid. At least our OL improved and our O was scoring at a pretty good rate at the end of the season.

Shoot let's be honest here. Ricky and Wanny's stubborness are why this team went 4-12 last year. Neither of them are here any more so I don't see why this cannot be a GOOD team seeing as it was so close to that all ready last year.

WiGGy said:
Lay off the sauce bro, the Dolphins will be lucky to win 7 games. Your coach is a rookie and will get schooled more often then not even by the likes of Mularkey of the Bills.

I smell Fear.....:lol:

In this league teams can turn-around really quick, look at the Chargers.
Drew Brees = AJ Feeley? Drew Brees was not proven until last season.
L.T. = Ronnie Brown? Both can get over 1500 total total yards.
I know our D is better than theirs was.
Our O-line Coach is theirs from last years.

ohall said:
I don't see it that way. I think our D let us down as much as our O did last year. Our rush D really had no right to even be called that last year. It was horrid. At least our OL improved and our O was scoring at a pretty good rate at the end of the season.

Shoot let's be honest here. Ricky and Wanny's stubborness are why this team went 4-12 last year. Neither of them are here any more so I don't see why this cannot be a GOOD team seeing as it was so close to that all ready last year.

This is the post of the year, and it's exactly right..great post ohal...

JJT said:
You must be one of those endangered half-witted Bills fans. Here's wishing you, Mularkey and Losman the best of luck this year, BELIEVE me "bro" you're going to need it. Getting schooled will be your speciallty this upcoming season. Man, why do so many bills fans visit this site don't they have their own site to talk sh*t on? I for one wouldn't be caught dead on a "Bills" site, I am missing something here?:roflmao:

No I'm a Patriots fan. Go search my name and see. The point is you have a rookie coach whos getting recognition just from being friends with Belichick and has never been a coach in the NFL. The guy has done absolutely nothing in the league. You guys are acting like you have a hall of famer coming back to reclaim some glory or something. Be for real the guy is a rookie and will lose a lot more games then he will win. Most rookie coaches fail far more often before they ever get that second chance to succeed.

Back
Top Bottom