Why we'll reach the playoffs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why we'll reach the playoffs

exactly right and like i said it will but not this yr, pats will be 1st team to 3peat then isee the pats winning another one sometime this decade. Brady will win 5 total....

DrewOldSchool said:
I believe we can at least split with the other AFC East teams this year. That levels the field considerably. If we win the easier games and win half the tough ones we should come out in contension for a playoff spot. I can't see NE threatening another SB considering everything they've lost. They're good but no one is that good. I think the Jets will be the big threat. That big O-Line will be a force. Got to stop the run and force the pass. I think that will beat them. Buffalo?

Who did the pats lose that makes you think this?

patsdynasty said:
exactly right and like i said it will but not this yr, pats will be 1st team to 3peat then isee the pats winning another one sometime this decade. Brady will win 5 total....

The Pats aren't repeating.

Ok, first off, nobody needs to be getting all high and mighty. Just because the talent level we draft was a B-, dont mean jack. I have stated many numerous reason why our draft was a flat out bust. You all want to ridicule me for smacking you with knowledge, and whoopie "ignore me', fine. But dont be homers and just say Miami wins 11 games and make the playoffs. Whoever started this thread, I tried to read all your comments and replies to other posters, geezzzzz....

yes, Matt Roth is a good player, and so is Channing. But, come on now. You have to think about it logically. I criticize our draft on what we had to fill to run our 3-4 D. We did not meet one key personel hole for the 3-4 scheme. Matt Roth is a fine pass rusher. But, he will NEVER be a Sam backer! We dont have one player on this team to meet that need. So, since that is the FACT, we cannot run the 3-4. So what does that mean? That means we are gonna be running the 4-3. Which, we gave up one of the best cover corners to KC, and now will get cooked. If Saban even tries to run the 3-4, the foes TE will cook Roth, Crowder, Moore, whoever he trie to put out there. Bring that Safety up to help cover the TE, oh, that a home runner hitter for a team like Buffalo putting Parrish in the slot. Or a NE putting Watson on the outside of a double TE or splitting him away from end.

That is just our foes in our own divison. You dont want me to get started with teams such as denver, tb, or atlanta. I see us possibly going 7-9. Id be very happy with that. more like 5-11, to be realistic. And, I would be very happy with that. Saban missed big in the draft, sticking to what he knew. Yes, we got a good talent draft, Im not basing my opinion on the talent, but what we need to be successful this year. i consider 5-11 a success, and will reserve my overall opinion on saban until after the 06 draft. I will chalk his ineptness this draft on him not having the time to evaluate all the talent throughout the WHOLE country, and sticking to what he knew.

Better luck next year Saban, you missed the boat big time. Just before you open your traps, I know who we missed, and the biggest miss we had was allowing Daryl Blackstock to go by us not once, but twice. He went 32 in the 3rd round. To me, a great steal for the SS LB, which are very slim. The Sam is the spot Julian Peterson plays, the guy who holds the whole D together. because without a Sam, there is no reason to play 3-4. As witnessed when Julian got injured. SF couldnt generate one bit of penetration after that.

patsdynasty said:
lol :lol: ok 1st of all, at the pats msg bds we have several phin fans there, and i m not on here being a jerk.... and saying we have taken too many hits? where wer eu last 4 yrs? the pats team has lost key players each season and this season the big hting is the coords but they will be fine since eric mangini is back and knows the whole deal. brady is the off corrd, hes the man and bill b together thats all the pats need.

the pats now ar e deeper and more talented than ever, like i said earlier watch out for ben watson, this guy will be the top te in the nfl soon. hes sick!!!!! and besides him others that sat out all last yr are back, cedrick cobbs rb, klecko, pk sam who will be a starter soon hes great talent, rodney bailey whos still young and very talented. and with chad brown about to sign he will be a great addition too.....

the DyNEsty is not quite over folks, its going to be one more miserable yr of seeing the once sorry *** "patsies" win the lombardi again and then afterwards all of the pats haters shaking their heads saying, how the hell did they win it again wtf is going on here??????

im hoping for 2006 to see the phins host the pats in the afc title gm and then the pats win it on a 47 yd fg by mr clutch adam v in last secs!!!!

1985 was tough but that would be tougher losing the gm before the sb will be played in miami, ouch!!!

but mia has a looooong way to go before they can talk afc title gms....
but the pats are right there again just plugging the holes, not rebuilding but reloading the lombardi winning machine!!!!!! and u said this season uwill start a beautiful dynasty?? lol maybe on your new xbox 3 thats coming out but not in real life! phins might even get to 10-6 but the afc is loaded and that wont be enough to even get wc

:bling: :D

No offense, but reading what you write gives me a headache. and its not cuz its garbage. whats with the random leaving out letters in a word. honestly man, you put "gms" instead of "games". Vowels are important. We learned them for a reason.

I just thought of something. Now, if Saban would get JP out of SF, I would call him a genius for not picking Blackstock. He knows JP too!!!! Stick to what you know Saban, stick to what you know.... LOL. I could only dream that was the case.

LithoMan said:
They have too now. There aint a doubt about it. Same old generating pass rush from the outside, two gappin BS!

you can one gap 4-3

testtubetimmy said:
No offense, but reading what you write gives me a headache. and its not cuz its garbage. whats with the random leaving out letters in a word. honestly man, you put "gms" instead of "games". Vowels are important. We learned them for a reason.

its called abbreviations dude

Dolfans

I want to echo texasfinfans thoughts he is on the same thought process I am, the media has a way of shaping peoples way of thinking and certainly in the words of Bill Parcells "you are what you are" and 4-12 is still 4-12.

But a look deeper into why a team that was 10-6 and many felt coming into the season(pre Ricky leaving) that again Miami would be a team to contend, would fall so hard so fast.

4 reasons why I feel last year was a disaster:

1-lame duck coach= everyone knew that short of a SB appearnce Wanny was gone, given a bad start to the season and things snowballed.

2-Bad chemistry w/ coaching staff= all teams have at times chemistry problams, however with the HC in a lame duck status and a few new coaches to the organization( Sullivan/Trestman) along with guys feeling the pressure(Collier) and lastly guys miscast ( Foerster) it was a toxic mix for a desperate team.

3-Injurys= in years past the dolphins were lucky not many if any starters were hurt and missed signifgant playing time, but luck ran out in '04 so with the loss of both starting DT's, a projected starting WR, starting OLB, MLB, it eventually caught up with Miami.

4-Losing your star player= whether it was a retirement/holdout/ or season ending injury losing your star player hurts...as it was a case could be made that it being a "retirement" cast a sense of doom over many players often a team can rally around an injury but with the thought that he's "never" coming back can be overwhelming to the pysche of a team.

So as we move into the future I see many of the same players that helped this team win 10 games a year.
With the addition of some defense and offensive help, new schemes and new coach I feel many vets on the team will be refreshed and play better then they have in recent years.

DrewOldSchool said:
I believe we can at least split with the other AFC East teams this year. That levels the field considerably. If we win the easier games and win half the tough ones we should come out in contension for a playoff spot. I can't see NE threatening another SB considering everything they've lost. They're good but no one is that good. I think the Jets will be the big threat. That big O-Line will be a force. Got to stop the run and force the pass. I think that will beat them. Buffalo?

Exactly what have the Patriots "lost"? D cordinator but kept the most sought after guy in Eric Mangini. Your coach Saban offered him a ton of dough only to get turned down. Belichick will call the O and it's the same exact system as previous years so there is ZERO learning curve. In regards to players the Patriots haven't lost ONE meaningful player outside of Teddy Bruschi whos been cleared to workout. It remains to be seen if he will but that is the ONLY loss. Ty Law didn't play since week 6, Roman Phifer came off the bench. So explain to me again in regards to "ALL the Patriots have lost".

Back
Top Bottom