Why we'll reach the playoffs | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why we'll reach the playoffs

:drinker: :goof:
LithoMan said:
I see us possibly going 7-9. Id be very happy with that. more like 5-11, to be realistic. .
:roflmao:

Are you smoking and drinking with Ricky?:happydrin :groovy: :wharf:

5-11 is realistic?? You are doped! I would bet you all my money we win more games than 5. What is the under over line in Vegas?

I agree I say the Dolphins win 6 MAYBE 7 games. Thats a BIG MAYBE.

After week 3 we are gonna be a machine:fire: Tom Brady will be on his *** more than a coal miner, and we will sweep the patsies:mad:

ITS OUR TIME.

fellow Phinfans.....do not wast your time trying to talk football with any pats fans. I live up here and believe me, there were no pats fans prior to 01. there were no jerseys, there were no bumper stickers.....TRUST ME ON THIS.

I have tried to have many sensible conversations with these folks and it just doesnt happen. most of them dont even know who the QB was prior to bledsoe.

and to say that saban is getting credit only because he is friends with belichek is just plain stupid.

just wait til the season begins and the pats start to crumble...these same fans will be hiding there faces and reaching for the only thing that they will have left......a Red Sox hat.

Good Post But We Are In A Very Hard Division

Not to be a pessimist but there is no shot that we make the playoffs this year. New Engalnd, New York, Baltimore, Indy, Kansas City, San Diego, Oakland and Denver are all better than us. I do think we may compete for a playoff spot but i highly doubt we will make the playoffs.

BostonDolphan said:
Not to be a pessimist but there is no shot that we make the playoffs this year. New Engalnd, New York, Baltimore, Indy, Kansas City, San Diego, Oakland and Denver are all better than us. I do think we may compete for a playoff spot but i highly doubt we will make the playoffs.

Oakland?? Denver?????? OK lay off Rickys pipe!!!!!!:infins:

I say we can get wins against Denver and Oakland. I think we'll take 2 of 6 from our division. We can beat the Bucs. Thats 5 games there. We can beat New Orleans if Aaron Brooks is his usual mistake prone self. And we can definitely beat Cleveland. Theyve got a whole lot more questions than we do. Thats 7 games. Thats what Im sticking with. We wont make the playoffs IMO

testtubetimmy said:
Recently, I've been analyzing why we lost so many games last season, and the few seasons before while also comparing what Saban is doing to fix certain problems. Ive come to the conclusion that we'll almost certainly make the playoffs, and here is why.

Lets start out with the infamous "we lose in December and January" curse.

Much like last year, our last few games of the season are played in a warmer climate, except our very last game January 1st against the Patriots. But starting in December, we are home against Buffalo, AT san diego, home against NYJ, home against Tennesee, then finally at the Patriots. This team functions the best in the warmer weather, so theres not likely a chance we'll "freeze up" come the end of the season.

But we did that LAST YEAR when we had nice games at the end. (keep in mind we won a few, but ill chalk that up to Bates)

Well, dear friends, I studied why we lost so much in the past. Not only was it the coaching style (beat them in the first half and let the defense win the rest of the game) but it was also our defense itself!

By the end of the third and all through the fourth, our defense was so tired from having to win the game on its own, that teams were able to win in the last quarter sooooo many times. So how do we fix this problem?

The easiest solution seems like we should get a younger defense and interchange them with our older defense, allowing them both to get some rest and not be physically exhausted throughout the game. And that is what Saban is planning on doing with these recent draft picks. Also, our defense was so hurt last season (thomas, tim bowens, etc) that there were glaring holes that the team could pound through. With some young talent to fill those holes and a great defensive mind leading the way, we wont have to worry about having a defense too tired to play the full four quarters.

Jimmy Johnson once said (not while with the dolphins) that the key to winning the game was turnovers. The team with the most turnovers lost would lose. So why did AJ Feeley have so many interceptions? Why does any QB throw an INT. Too much pressure, inability to read the defense, throwing before getting sacked. Well, with our HUGE upgrade at line coach AND Offensive Coordinator making things simpler and easier for our players while making it more difficult for defenses to penetrate, we can give AJ (or frerotte, whoever you wish) the chance to throw more down the field to one of our great recievers. (Chambers, Booker, Brown, Boston? Hakim?) Good recievers make a QB better, and any of these guys can snatch the ball out of the air, making AJ seem like hes Delhomme a few seasons ago.

And finally, our backfield. With our new line coach and new schemes, teams cant watch game footage of last year and figure out our running patterns and where our holes will be. (granted they can do it on a game to game basis, like usual, but hear me out) Ricky Williams ran for the league high when he first came to the fins. The next year he did not, because teams new where the holes would be and prepared for him.

Now, imagine for a second, with our new line coach we get sort of a Denver style line, where theres always a hole for our RBs. Now imagine three interchangeable running backs in our lineup, constantly destroying the other teams defense. Ricky Williams, Ronnie Brown, Kay Jay Harris. All with something to prove.

The last thing ill say in this very very long entry is this. Last year, we lost so many games because it was all mental. The coaching staff fighting with each other. Ricky Williams retiring. The crapload of hurricanes hitting and the worrying about family, players getting up and leaving practice, the organization was in chaos and it showed. All of these played a part in distracting the players and putting them in a losing funk. But now, with everything on one page, great talent, good coaching, and the mental mindset to win, the dolphins will go 11-5 and hit the playoffs running.

You make plenty of points, but you frogot to mention that A J had to adjust to that ****y system. We might go 9 -7 but we won't make the playoffs especially since we are in a tough division. We WILL go all the way next year

nephinsfan said:
fellow Phinfans.....do not wast your time trying to talk football with any pats fans. I live up here and believe me, there were no pats fans prior to 01. there were no jerseys, there were no bumper stickers.....TRUST ME ON THIS.

I have tried to have many sensible conversations with these folks and it just doesnt happen. most of them dont even know who the QB was prior to bledsoe.

and to say that saban is getting credit only because he is friends with belichek is just plain stupid.

just wait til the season begins and the pats start to crumble...these same fans will be hiding there faces and reaching for the only thing that they will have left......a Red Sox hat.

u are like fantasyfin another ex pat s fan of the early 90's who jumped ship and rooted for the hot team at the time, the miami dolphins, the pats have been to the sb 5 times since miamis last trip in 1985 where they lost to sf. you think the pats will crumble this yr?? u dont know jack about the pats team at all. they are loaded all over, and now with the draft they got 2 studs for off line who will protect brady. and u guys wont be able to cover ben watson and david terrell wit hyour defense, pats will light it up on you guys and will sweep the phins, pats will split with the jets and sweep the jills....

u guys win 7 games maybe, then maybe, a big maybe, u win 10 in 2006 and sneak in as a wildcard team.....

the DyNEsty is far from over, u can say that if we lost brady to a career ending injury but thats unlikely, because tommy has at least 2 more titles in his reach before he is done with football

god it must sux for u phin fans seeing us win it all 3 times in 4 yrs?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

i ran into a phin fan yesterday and he said , i hate u guys but u are a great team and eve n he thinks they will 3peat, and many of u agree its just u wont ever admit it on here.

PatsSuck456 said:
You make plenty of points, but you frogot to mention that A J had to adjust to that ****y system. We might go 9 -7 but we won't make the playoffs especially since we are in a tough division. We WILL go all the way next year

all the way huh? wow i didnt hear that brady was retiring after this coming season.... must of missed that one...

pats will extinguish the fish if they meet in playoffs, what im hoping for is pats at miami afc title gm 2006 season, adam v kicks a 47 yder with 1 sec left pats win 24-21 and ruin miami's dream of hosting a superbowl as hometeam!!!

patsdynasty said:

all the way huh? wow i didnt hear that brady was retiring after this coming season.... must of missed that one...

pats will extinguish the fish if they meet in playoffs, what im hoping for is pats at miami afc title gm 2006 season, adam v kicks a 47 yder with 1 sec left pats win 24-21 and ruin miami's dream of hosting a superbowl as hometeam!!!

Umm....Listen, Dolphins on the way up! Pats on the way down!
Buh bye! :www:

I agree with whoever said reading patsdynasty's posts give him a headache.

Also, why does he keep bringing up David Terrell? Haha, what the hell?

Back
Top Bottom