Why won’t the dolphin sign veteran running back? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why won’t the dolphin sign veteran running back?

Trust in Tua...
This is his year to shine , its going to be fun to watch games again unlike when you tune in to see a bearded backup with little chance to win every week.
If u watch games last night..it tell u and show you..how good off qb u need in nfl..this is passing league now..

If u watch games last night..it tell u and show you..how good off qb u need in nfl..this is passing league now..
I agree and if you remember last season Tua outdueled Kyler Murray in a shootout win over Arizona. Then the injuries started pouring over the team with just about every able bodied player going down leaving only backups & fringe players left on the field. Did Tua struggle with them....yes he did. Would Tom Brady struggle with that roster? Yes he would have...

Lets give the guy a chance, If he lays an egg this season then Ill be the first to question his abilities but as of this time he has shown flashes that he can do it and only needs the right guys around him.

Last edited:
They also have been ravaged by injuries for RBs. They had to pick up RBs. Pretty sure they’d rather have JK Dobbins and Gus Edwards over Murray and Bell.
Correct. But they aren’t afraid of improving the position hence them signing 3 RBs to help.

Dolphins signed a FA and traded for a RB last year too... they were just crap moves.
My biggest problem is them not going after a RB the last two years. I wanted Taylor in 2020, I wanted Harris, Etienne, or Williams this year.

God bless Gaskin and all but he isn’t better than those I mentioned.

My biggest problem is them not going after a RB the last two years. I wanted Taylor in 2020, I wanted Harris, Etienne, or Williams this year.

God bless Gaskin and all but he isn’t better than those I mentioned.
You are missing the point.

Would you rather have Harris than Waddle? That was the choice. Would you rather have Etienne than Phillips? That was the choice. Williams was picked before we picked in the second round.

To compare them to Gaskin is faulty logic.

I agree and if you remember last season Tua outdueled Kyler Murray in a shootout win over Arizona. Then the injuries started pouring over the team with just about every able bodied player going down leaving only backups & fringe players left on the field. Did Tua struggle with them....yes he did. Would Tom Brady struggle with that roster? Yes he would have...

Lets give the guy a chance, If he lays an egg this season then Ill be the first to question his abilities but as of this time he has shown flashes that he can do it and only needs the right guys around him.
He getting a chance it up to Tua. Them guy he need impressed Ross GM and flo..I am just fan w bragging right. Win or lose.. just want be on winning side for change.

Would you rather have Harris than Waddle? That was the choice. Would you rather have Etienne than Phillips? That was the choice. Williams was picked before we picked in the second round.

Idk if dolphins real was looking for rb last 2 yr to draft..the fans was looking for one to draft ....our rb are good enough but it pit more pressure on Tua....

Harris over Phillips yes.

I think we've tried that route and failed. The route should have been to pick one up in the draft however I'm a lot more positive on the QB room after preseason than I was before, Gaskin is more than a competent back, Brown gives us that short yardage pounder we've clearly been seeking and Ahmed is a nice back up to Gaskin should he pick up an injury. With Doaks and Scarlett on the PS, I'm pretty happy personally with the room.

The ravens get an injury to the star running back and sign three veteran RB in a week. They just signed Lavarius Murray along with Bell and Freeman. I already know it a lot of people on this forum are going to say they’re washed up they suck that’s why they were cut that’s why they couldn’t get onto another team that’s all BS. The Dolphins are starting the season with a bunch of second string or third string running backs they’re not going to scare anybody and they’re only going to add to the pressure that Tua.will have by not having a solid running game. They already made a huge mistake passing on running backs in the first two rounds of the past two drafts.
Obviously, it’s my opinion but I think they are you making a huge mistake not taking a flyer on one of these veterans.
They have a veteran RB in Brown and Gaston was a top 10 RB in yards per game, including pass receiving yards in 2020. Obviously the coaching staff is happy with the RB’s on the roster at this time
even if some posters on here aren’t satisfied with those RB’s.

The ravens get an injury to the star running back and sign three veteran RB in a week. They just signed Lavarius Murray along with Bell and Freeman. I already know it a lot of people on this forum are going to say they’re washed up they suck that’s why they were cut that’s why they couldn’t get onto another team that’s all BS. The Dolphins are starting the season with a bunch of second string or third string running backs they’re not going to scare anybody and they’re only going to add to the pressure that Tua.will have by not having a solid running game. They already made a huge mistake passing on running backs in the first two rounds of the past two drafts.
Obviously, it’s my opinion but I think they are you making a huge mistake not taking a flyer on one of these veterans.
1-we did add a vet in FA 2- the MD like their RB room 3-the MD aren’t going to blow up their cap 4- the MD don’t value the position the same as other teams 5- we aren’t a run heavy offense like the Ravens. That’s why

Honestly it is just infuriating at this point how this front office has abandoned the run game. The money is there and the need is there to sign Murray. It is ****ing outrageous that he is in purple and black instead of our colors. For that price it is beyond upsetting.
Don’t you think we should let the damn season play out before making pronouncements like we have “abandoned the running game?” We haven’t. To be as delicate as I can be, this is just not factual.

I think the FO likes Gaskin (and our committee) more than most realize. Sort of like they did with Deiter.

I also like Gaskin. I think he is in for a good year.

Back
Top Bottom