Why won’t the dolphin sign veteran running back? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why won’t the dolphin sign veteran running back?

Honestly it is just infuriating at this point how this front office has abandoned the run game. The money is there and the need is there to sign Murray. It is ****ing outrageous that he is in purple and black instead of our colors. For that price it is beyond upsetting.
The issue in the running game isn’t the running backs on the roster. The problem in the running game has been the inability of the offensive line to open holes for the running backs. It extremely hard to gain any yardage running the ball when you are getting tackled as soon as you are handed the ball.

Obviously the Saints didn’t think Murray was worth the money they were scheduled to pay him and the fact he hasn’t signed with any other team yet seems to imply that he thinks he’s worth more than the teams in the NFL believe he is worth.

Murray is nothing but a second or third string RB and I don’t believe he is any better than any of the RB’s the Dolphins now have on their roster. If the Saints decide to cut one of their offensive linemen, that is when I would want the Dolphins to sign a former Saint.

Don’t you think we should let the damn season play out before making pronouncements like we have “abandoned the running game?” We haven’t. To be as delicate as I can be, this is just not factual.
Like last season or the one before? Literally nothing changed. We simply haven't upgraded it for God knows what reason.

The issue in the running game isn’t the running backs on the roster. The problem in the running game has been the inability of the offensive line to open holes for the running backs. It extremely hard to gain any yardage running the ball when you are getting tackled as soon as you are handed the ball.

Obviously the Saints didn’t think Murray was worth the money they were scheduled to pay him and the fact he hasn’t signed with any other team yet seems to imply that he thinks he’s worth more than the teams in the NFL believe he is worth.

Murray is nothing but a second or third string RB and I don’t believe he is any better than any of the RB’s the Dolphins now have on their roster. If the Saints decide to cut one of their offensive linemen, that is when I would want the Dolphins to sign a former Saint.
1. The running backs on the roster cannot power run, they simply cannot. Their skillsets force them to the outside where they have to have speed to the edge. Works on some teams, most it does not. Especially not with our current roster of tackles.
2. The saints have tremendous money problems and will cut where they need, this was one they thought might work out. Also, Murray signed with Baltimore already on a one year deal.
3. You can have your opinion on Murray which is fine, but IMO he is better than all the RB's we currently have.

Conceptually I see no reason not to sign him other than him taking a roster slot. It is low risk high reward. As the saying goes, doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result....

First the Ravens have done very well drafting and aquiring talent for awhile when we have struggled so yes it's worth taking notice.
BUT this we just have 2 years of body of work to judge Florres on. Florres has as much say on these guys as Grier imo so keep that in mind.
As far as the running backs yes I believe we are light in the pants in that department not because of talent but because imo Gaskin and Ahmed have not proven durable enough last year and that was with a rotation of Briefa last year mixed in who did contribute.
Next is the Oline we have heavily invested in very heavily under Florres and while some may argue the drafted talent level I will commented these guys based in many, many draft publication even if they were over drafted by us are talented enough to be at least a average Oline. There's only 2 items holding the Oline back that's experience and possibly coaching.
Consider back in the day when our olines were ranked as some of the best there were 3 things going on, our oline coach was considered one of the best, Dan the Man had a very quick release making the Oline look better than it was and we were one diminisional and never ran the ball well.
Next year the Oline really gels imo in the meanwhile those 5 tightened we kept are there to help out this situation.

1. The running backs on the roster cannot power run, they simply cannot. Their skillsets force them to the outside where they have to have speed to the edge. Works on some teams, most it does not. Especially not with our current roster of tackles.
2. The saints have tremendous money problems and will cut where they need, this was one they thought might work out. Also, Murray signed with Baltimore already on a one year deal.
3. You can have your opinion on Murray which is fine, but IMO he is better than all the RB's we currently have.

Conceptually I see no reason not to sign him other than him taking a roster slot. It is low risk high reward. As the saying goes, doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result....
Conceptually the Dolphins aren’t going to sign him to a contract making more money than Gaston who is the starter. Gaston makes less than $900,000 a year and Murray was cut because he refused to take a pay cut from the $3 million dollars he was suppose to be paid this year.

So unless they have multiple injuries to their RB’s in this weeks game. I don’t see them having any interest in signing Murray.

Like last season or the one before? Literally nothing changed. We simply haven't upgraded it for God knows what reason.
First you said EVERYONE knows, like you’ve consulted with everyone or know everyone’s thoughts, have abandoned the run game. That’s BS. You haven’t. Hyperbole. Second you claim we haven’t upgraded the RB room which is also not true. If you said IMO the MD don’t seem to make the RB position a priority then we can debate that. If you want to be taken seriously here don’t speak for EVERYONE and use facts to support your post., not hyperbole. EVERYONE knows this. Lol

Conceptually the Dolphins aren’t going to sign him to a contract making more money than Gaston who is the starter. Gaston makes less than $900,000 a year and Murray was cut because he refused to take a pay cut from the $3 million dollars he was suppose to be paid this year.

So unless they have multiple injuries to their RB’s in this weeks game. I don’t see them having any interest in signing Murray.

Looks like he took a pay cut anyways

First you said EVERYONE knows, like you’ve consulted with everyone or know everyone’s thoughts, have abandoned the run game. That’s BS. You haven’t. Hyperbole. Second you claim we haven’t upgraded the RB room which is also not true. If you said IMO the MD don’t seem to make the RB position a priority then we can debate that. If you want to be taken seriously here don’t speak for EVERYONE and use facts to support your post., not hyperbole. EVERYONE knows this. Lol
First, calm your titties Karen with all those caps.

Second, when did I say everyone? Third, I did use IMO in my last post. Its obviously an opinion, didnt think I needed to spell that out for ya.

While I like Murray, I can see the argument that he wasn't worth the contract and/or that it would undercut the faith the coaches seem to have in the RBs on the roster.

Personally, I wanted a RB drafted the past two years. But in retrospect, I'm not sure I'd trade the Hunt pick for JK Dobbins who I wanted. I would have taken either CEH or Winfield Jr. (DB) with the Iggy pick. But that's about the only change I would have made.

Basically I believe they have faith in what they have at RB, as far as what they will need from the position in 2021.

Whether we should invest more at RB or O-line or not, I have to say this, unlike years past, this version of the Miami Dolphins does not continually overspend all year round.

Might be the reason why we will have one of the highest caps to spend next year with some good talent all around the team this year.

He getting a chance it up to Tua. Them guy he need impressed Ross GM and flo..I am just fan w bragging right. Win or lose.. just want be on winning side for change.
I completely understand that

Looks like he took a pay cut anyways

As I stated, the Dolphins weren’t going to pay him more than Gaston and the $2 million dollar contract he signed with the Ravens was more than twice what Gaston will be paid this season.

He was obviously going to get paid less than the $3 million dollars he was suppose to make with the Saints but we have no idea how much of a cut they wanted him to take. Perhaps the money he will earn with the Ravens is more than what the Saints wanted to pay him if he accepted the pay cut they offered him.

Why “won’t” …?

Perhaps Jordan Howard, Matt Breida, and Malcolm Brown provide a clue why they “don’t” think it provides an upgrade.

Why “won’t” …?

Perhaps Jordan Howard, Matt Breida, and Malcolm Brown provide a clue why they “don’t” think it provides an upgrade.
If anything that shows they aren’t always capable of signing players that will actually contribute.

Back
Top Bottom