Why would anyone choose Flynn over Manning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would anyone choose Flynn over Manning

Splash2219

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I see in alot of polls people would choose Flynn over a healthy Manning. That is crazy Peyton would make us an instant superbowl contender. Flynn may have an upside or he may be Kevin Kolb. You choose!!!

I see in alot of polls people would choose Flynn over a healthy Manning. That is crazy Peyton would make us an instant superbowl contender. Flynn may have an upside or he may be Kevin Kolb. You choose!!!

The key word is HEALTHY. How does anyone know if Manning is healthy and will be able to play again? We had doctors evaluate Brees and Culpepper a few years back, and then decided Culpepper was the guy we wanted, and we all saw how that turned out.

110% agree with you. This is Peyton Manning! Not some average QB, we are talking about one of the all time greats, future hall of famer, with at least 2 good years left in him. I dont see why you dont take him and make a serious run at the SuperBowl.

Flynn may well be the next big thing - but he might not!

Longevity. Yeah, Peyton is cleared to play, but nobody knows if he can play to his full potential.

Manning's never going to be fully healthy again. I guess there's a chance that he could make a miraculous recovery and not only regain full strength in his chest and arms, but also be able to play a full season without suffering excruciating pain or severe fatigue. But it's not likely and I think this is a definite case of buyer beware. This sort of injury is not comparable to the Drew Brees injury. Peyton's going to be living with pain and limitations for the rest of his life, regardless of whether or not he ever plays another down in the NFL.

The key word is HEALTHY. How does anyone know if Manning is healthy and will be able to play again? We had doctors evaluate Brees and Culpepper a few years back, and then decided Culpepper was the guy we wanted and we all saw how that turned out.

Don't forget about Trent "Scrambled Green Eggs".

Brees was considered the less healthy but yet he was so much better than culpepper. It was worth the risk with brees but not Culpepper. It proves my point go with the great player not the average one.

110% agree with you. This is Peyton Manning! Not some average QB, we are talking about one of the all time greats, future hall of famer, with at least 2 good years left in him. I dont see why you dont take him and make a serious run at the SuperBowl.

Flynn may well be the next big thing - but he might not!

How do you know if he has 2 years left. The colts thought he was healthy and they paid him a butt load of money and hurt the team. He knew he was not healthy when he signed the contract. He will also tell us that he feels great even if he does not.

Im not saying he will never play again or he will not ever be great again (He may come in and play better than he ever has). But at the same time you cannot say he is going to come in here a be 100% the same person he was before. Just because his name is Payton Manning does not mean he will be great until he is 60.

Brees was considered the less healthy but yet he was so much better than culpepper. It was worth the risk with brees but not Culpepper. It proves my point go with the great player not the average one.
The injuries aren't even remotely comparable. Not even close. You're comparing ligament repair to spinal fusion and nerve damage. No one would love to see a 100% healthy Peyton Manning in a Dolphins uniform more than me, but the truth is that the odds of him making a full recovery at this point are not good at all. The only way I'm for signing Manning is if we draft a franchise caliber QB prospect and get him ready to play, fast.

Matt Flynn is a late round draft pick (7th round) who played 2 good games in a great system on a great overall team. How often does that work out? Throwing money at him because of that and expecting a super bowl is very dangerous.

We're not doctors and we're not Peyton...let's not judge his injury. How can we be picky when we haven't had a QB of his level since 1999? Take the risk, there's a high reward if he stays healthy. Imagine the Dolphins 15th-ish defense with a healthy peyton manning against Brady and that 31st ranked defense. The only way to topple the Patriots is a high powered offense that can out-duel theirs and have a defense who can stop them a couple times.

OK I will defer to all of you who think Manning is done, but as a dolphin fan I'm sure he will sign with another year, win another superbowl and we will still be looking for another quarterback in a couple of years. So it is the life of a dolphin fan.

He's won exactly one championship in his entire career. What makes you think he's a lock to win a championship next season with a new team?

OK I will defer to all of you who think Manning is done, but as a dolphin fan I'm sure he will sign with another year, win another superbowl and we will still be looking for another quarterback in a couple of years. So it is the life of a dolphin fan.

Thays pretty funny because when he was health his entire 10+ years he has only won it 1 time. He was in the same system, same coaches, For the most part the same WR's, same center. Not saying he is not great but he has 3 neck surgeries and going to come to a new team where everything he has known his entire career is different and you think he will play 1 more year and win it all.

Flynn Pro:

Is young and has shown potential to be a franchise QB.

Could be your QB for the next 10 years.​

Flynn Con:

It was all a fluke and he's just another average QB.​

Manning Pro:

He's Peyton F'ing Manning​

Manning Con:

How healthy is he and will he be ready to play at the same or close to the same level as before.

Probably has less than 5 years of elite play in him if healthy.​

Both are a gamble.

He's won exactly one championship in his entire career. What makes you think he's a lock to win a championship next season with a new team?

I was typing the exact same thing when you did. You beat me to it.

Back
Top Bottom