Why would anyone choose Flynn over Manning | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would anyone choose Flynn over Manning

He's won exactly one championship in his entire career. What makes you think he's a lock to win a championship next season with a new team?
Playing devils advocate here.

I think this past season showed that the Colts are a really bad team. Manning made them a contender. If Manning were on a better team he'd probably have had more success.

If Sparano had Manning the Dolphins probably would have made it to the playoffs every year.

Fistpump!

If Peyton is healthy and fully recovered, great. However, that is a HUGE question. And he would only be short term. But, yes, he could make us very hard to beat for 2-3 years. However, one big hit, and he could be done. Therefore, I support going after Flynn and look to the future. He appears to be the type of QB for the WC offense and know Philbins system.

Both would be coaches on the field. One is younger without any major injury issueds. The other is a world leader at QB, however, with MAJOR injury issues.

Like someone said, both are a risk. I'll go the Don Shula route - young, talented, and something to prove.

I'm done with this board. I live in Philly area they are talking on radio here about getting Manning and trading Vick. I hate Eagle fans but at least they are smart enough to realize a superbowl is hard to win or even get to. I repeat if Peyton Manning is cleared to play and is healthy he would make dolphins an instant contender to win a superbowl. You go get your Flynn because you are all excellent scouts off of two stinkin games.

Playing devils advocate here. I think this past season showed that the Colts are a really bad team. Manning made them a contender. If Manning were on a better team he'd probably have had more success.
True, but he also had weapons to work with. Weapons he coached up since they came into the league, who were on the same page with him and could run that offense on the fly in their sleep. He won't have that in Miami. He's going to be working with brand new guys and maybe even a brand new offense. He's been out of the game for a year and not fully recovered. It's not like you're getting Peyton Manning. You're getting Peyton Manning Lite.

I'm done with this board. I live in Philly area they are talking on radio here about getting Manning and trading Vick. I hate Eagle fans but at least they are smart enough to realize a superbowl is hard to win or even get to. I repeat if Peyton Manning is cleared to play and is healthy he would make dolphins an instant contender to win a superbowl. You go get your Flynn because you are all excellent scouts off of two stinkin games.

Cya.

I want Peyton, but I will support Regis if he does decide to go after AJ Flynney, seeing as he knows him inside and out, and already has an idea of how far Flynney can take his offense. I kid but it's definitely not as blind a move as when we wasted a 2nd on feeley. Nonetheless, I can't doubt Mannings desire to come back and stick it to irsay. The fact alone that we have Indy on our schedule makes me feel that we'd be his team of choice. A healthy Manning on our team and we have endless possibilities in the draft, and we immediately become a playoff team.

True, but he also had weapons to work with. Weapons he coached up since they came into the league, who were on the same page with him and could run that offense on the fly in their sleep. He won't have that in Miami. He's going to be working with brand new guys and maybe even a brand new offense. He's been out of the game for a year and not fully recovered. It's not like you're getting Peyton Manning. You're getting Peyton Manning Lite.
I totally agree with you.

I was thinking more historically, if Manning had been drafted by a different team.

Peyton Manning now is a huge question mark.

They are smart because they agree with you and we are stupid because we dont. Stopp being a pu_sy. You are the one who started the thread and you are going to leave because we dont agree with you. It is a mixed field here just like it is in philly. Some people here want him and some dont, it is the same there, you cannot tell me 100% of the people in Philly want to let go of Vick and get Manning.

Go be a Philly fan

Flynn is young, Peyton is old, he has 2-3 years left in him, IF hes healthy, one big hit and he could be done.
We need a QB of the future. Plus Peyton cost way to much.

I totally agree with you.

I was thinking more historically, if Manning had been drafted by a different team.

Peyton Manning now is a huge question mark.

I think that Manning is one of those rare guys who would have been great anywhere, but it certainly helped that he had coaches who trusted him and basically let him run the offense. As I heard it, he was the guy who made decisions like whether or not to go for it on 4th down.

Anyone with one big hit could be done. Football is a violent sport unless your a franchise quarteback like Brady or Manning and you can barely touch them or get penalized.

Remember a guy named Dan? Dan was a TD machine and while not a runner, he could move around and avoid the rush a little, until.... he tore his Achilles tendon. From that point on he began a decline due to not being able to really push off on that leg, sure he was as good as most of the other QB's but the Marino of old when he would look at a DB and tell him he was coming to his man and there was not a damn thing he could do about it. It led to sore arms and a decreased velocity. Manning's injury has/ will affect his arm strength. He's also 36 years old so you might get 2 good years... and you might not, but you will have to pay out the @$$ for his services, like Flynn, but FLynn is much younger and still has something to prove, he's hungry for a big payday and a ring.

If he is a fully healthy and functional Peyton Manning, we sign him in a heart beat, a 4 year deal.
The problem is that he hasn't been to Miami for a physical and tryout.
Once all that happens, all of the doubts about him will be confirmed or cast aside.

Back
Top Bottom