Why would anyone choose Flynn over Manning | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would anyone choose Flynn over Manning

You are hilarious. Yeah, lets put Manning behind a line that has Incrapito and Cloumbo on it instead of Glenn and Saturday. Fasano at TE instead of Clark. Hartline instead of Wayne. Bush instead of Addai or James and on and on.Manning doesn't take that team to the SB... Please show me you know something, anything about football. Manning lead the team yes, but the whole team plays. And his earlier teams were stacked with talent. Get off the media hype of "the colts were a one man team". That projects ignorance about the game.

How is a line anchored by Jake Long and Mike Pouncy so different from Glenn and Saturday??? Talent wise both Long and Pouncy blow Glenn and Saturday out of the water. Our guards were solid. Columbo was the only real weakness. And at least our oline is more balanced than the colts who can only pass protect. When was the last time Manning had a franchise left tackle? 2006. Quit mentioning Glenn and James. They haven't been there in ages. Bush is every bit as talented as what Edgerin James was and Joseph Addai is. The only real difference is at WR and TE. Manning did make Austin Collie look like an all pro while he was healthy. Most would say that Collie isn't exactly the most "gifted" Who was Brandon Stokely before he was a colt? Again, just based off of what the colts did this year I think it is fairly safe to say that Manning made most of those amazing offensive players in Indy. Who is to say that Brian Hartline couldn't step up and be a very solid contributor if he had Manning throwing to him?

Manning lead those teams and the facts remain that they are a playoff team with him and one of the worst without him. Case and point this year without Manning compared to every other year they have had Manning. Like I have posted before, the 2009 Colts team almost went undefeated and played in the Super Bowl. What core players that were there in 2009 are not there in 2011?

How are you so certain that Matt Flynn is going to come in and take us to the promise land? As I have posted before from a failure stand point, if Flynn fails you are stuck with him and his money. If Manning fails you can cut him quickly and just move on.

First, I never said Flynn is a franchise QB. Don't speak for me that's ignorant. My argument is that Moore isn't going to do it for us. He makes many critical mistakes. So, like many others I feel we need to make a move at QB. What are our options. Manning, 36, 3 neck surguries, health a MAJOR ?. Draft, we are at 9, the top tier guys will be gone by then. FA, Flynn came from the SEC, won a championship, like Rogers has been a back up in the NFl for 4 years on a SB team learning the game on a NFL level. To me he is the obvious choice. Is there risk. Absolutely. Any QB move will involve risk. But Flynn to me is the best route. I am not saying he is a franchise QB. But I d think he can become one.

Well I guess I'll be the one to just say we'll have to agree to disagree about the risk/rewards outcome. Many on this board feel that Manning is the best option to go forward others believe Flynn is. I believe Manning is and you believe Flynn is. Let's just leave it at that. We can both agree that the qb position needs help.

Well I guess I'll be the one to just say we'll have to agree to disagree about the risk/rewards outcome. Many on this board feel that Manning is the best option to go forward others believe Flynn is. I believe Manning is and you believe Flynn is. Let's just leave it at that. We can both agree that the qb position needs help.

Agreed. Spirited back and forth. Either way, we need better QB play for us to go to the promise land. And I'll be rooting for whoever Joe puts back there!

I think the key is if you're only thinking about 2012 then of course Manning is the way to go. However, it won't be long until you're left trying to find another qb. If you want someone to bring stability to the position you have to go wirh Flynn. It's not a given that Flynn can be a solid starter for the next 5 or 6 years, but he has a better chance than Manning does. I think at best Flynn could become Miami's version of Tony Romo. At worse he's Aj Feely revisted.

Of couse the other option is to just keep turning over stones and hope you get lucky.

Like some others have said, Mannning is most likely to take an incentive contract. If he makes in the 15 mill range the odds are he will have been well worth it.

I doubt Manning will agree to an incentive laden contract. Just because it makes sense for us doesn't mean it will to him. There are a lot of teams looking for QB help this year, and I have to believe there will be significant bidding for Manning's services. The only way there won't be is if he doesn't pass anyone's physical. He doesn't have to sign an incentive laden contract. If we don't offer him big money someone else will. He will get his money from someone.

Greetings People,

I'm a long time reader of FH and this is obviously my first post......I'm honestly amazed at those of you that are eating the cheese on Matt Flynn. Best case scenario is that he is Matt Schaub or Matt Hasselback.......either one of them win a Super Bowl? More likely scenario is he's kevin kolb, aj feeley, scott mitchell......a backup qb!!

On the other hand we are talking about a top 3 all time QB!!! Peyton Manning! To me it's not even close.......

We've had backup qb's starting for us for the last ten years. I've done my best to try and get behind them (Fiedler, AJ Feeley, Trent Green, John Beck, Chad Henne, Matt Moore), but its always been hard, its always sucked, and not lead to anywhere......3 years of elite talent is better than 10 years of mediocre talent anyday.......

Peyton Manning, RG3 or bust.......say no to the backup qb's. Look where its gotten us! A bold move is the only move for us at QB this year!!

My two cents.

Matt Schaub put together pro bowl years and led the Texans into relevance. The Texans were looking like a very strong team this year until Schaub got injured.
Matt Hasselbeck brought the Seahawks to the Superbowl, and almost beat the Steelers. I can't say that Seattle's team was loaded with talent.

Both of these QB's did much more than Chad Henne or Matt Moore ever could.

I'm not saying that Flynn is a franchise QB. I've been saying it forever now. There's only ONE person I would trust in that decision, and that is Philbin. After working with him for a few years now, if he feels that Flynn can be a great QB and that he is worth the contract he wants, then I support that.

As far as Manning goes, I would LOVE to have a healthy Manning. I just don't want us to pass up on a future franchise QB for Manning, and THEN find out that he can't play anymore.

I'm done with this board. I live in Philly area they are talking on radio here about getting Manning and trading Vick. I hate Eagle fans but at least they are smart enough to realize a superbowl is hard to win or even get to. I repeat if Peyton Manning is cleared to play and is healthy he would make dolphins an instant contender to win a superbowl. You go get your Flynn because you are all excellent scouts off of two stinkin games.
Look, I want Manning to be a Dolphin. I can't stand Vick. I would never want him on our team. But WTF are the Eagles fans thinking? It's like..."You got freaking Michael Vick. Quit complaining."

Why would anyone chose Flynn over Moore?

Back
Top Bottom