Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith? | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith?

One bad jump doesn't mean that's his normal vertical, either. So yeah. Pitts will be better than Johnson..and doubt he quits at 29, either. Pitts has stated he wants to be the best TE ever..kudos..He'll get there. Calvin ain't the best WR ever...Jerry Rice is! :D
Jesus, dude, pump the brakes. You're deciding that Pitts will be better than a top 10 WR of all time before he's played based on measurables.

First, you're forgetting who's going to be throwing him the ball if he's in Miami. Not Stafford. Second, he's a potential guy. He's raw. Has the tools but Calvin Johnson was the most polished to come out besides Fitz in his generation.

I love the kid and I'm betting flo does too but you might be a bit excited there.

Jesus, dude, pump the brakes. You're deciding that Pitts will be better than a top 10 WR of all time before he's played based on measurables.

First, you're forgetting who's going to be throwing him the ball if he's in Miami. Not Stafford. Second, he's a potential guy. He's raw. Has the tools but Calvin Johnson was the most polished to come out besides Fitz in his generation.

I love the kid and I'm betting flo does too but you might be a bit excited there.
How is he not polished and raw and all potential? I'll hang up and listen.

Being a midwesterner, question to the Gator fans: has Pitts been a star in Gator nation for awhile or come on this past year?

Does anyone really think Devonta would have had the Heismann season he had if Waddle wasnt hurt? I dont doubt he is a good receiver but I definitely think his season was assisted with their best WR out.

Does anyone really think Devonta would have had the Heismann season he had if Waddle wasnt hurt? I dont doubt he is a good receiver but I definitely think his season was assisted with their best WR out.
Most definitely, what if Chase played this year? I think DeVonta is a stud but Waddle was tearing it up when he was healthy. I guess I should pump the breaks as Chase would not have had Mac Jones, a stout OL to help him. He would have been on a total rebuild that was gutted by the draft. But I digress and no Heisman for Smith if Waddle is healthy, that trophy would be in Mac Jones trophy case.

Smith has outperformed him every year!
Smith will get shutdown by the majority of corners in the NFL. Pitts purposes major issues for defenses especially with Gesicki lined up on the opposite side.

How is he not polished and raw and all potential? I'll hang up and listen.
Gator, he's a great athlete. He's not the polished route runner that Johnson was. Johnson had the best set of hands outside of Fitz to hit the draft in his generation. Pitts is great at winning jump balls in college. The NFL requires more. Do I think he's got that potential? Absolutely. Is he risky? For sure. That's a raw athlete.

As I said before, I could see a player like Smith having a better career. He's a polished player that's been there four years, working hard at his craft. Look at his steady increase in production. He has hands like the Fitz and Johnson types. He does it by being technically great, not on size.

Again, I love Pitts and think he's a matchup nightmare but he's much more raw than Smith and comparing him to a hall of famer is laughable. He's not in the ballpark of Johnson coming out of college.

I've said to you numerous times I would take Pitts because I think he's just getting started and raw isn't bad. I don't know anything about him as a kid but if he's a good kid willing to learn, I think he will be really good. I don't disagree with your love for Pitts, maybe the amount of love...haha!

Gator, he's a great athlete. He's not the polished route runner that Johnson was. Johnson had the best set of hands outside of Fitz to hit the draft in his generation. Pitts is great at winning jump balls in college. The NFL requires more. Do I think he's got that potential? Absolutely. Is he risky? For sure. That's a raw athlete.

As I said before, I could see a player like Smith having a better career. He's a polished player that's been there four years, working hard at his craft. Look at his steady increase in production. He has hands like the Fitz and Johnson types. He does it by being technically great, not on size.

Again, I love Pitts and think he's a matchup nightmare but he's much more raw than Smith and comparing him to a hall of famer is laughable. He's not in the ballpark of Johnson coming out of college.

I've said to you numerous times I would take Pitts because I think he's just getting started and raw isn't bad. I don't know anything about him as a kid but if he's a good kid willing to learn, I think he will be really good. I don't disagree with your love for Pitts, maybe the amount of love...haha!
Thanks for the response. Respect. Gotcha! :cool:

with Devonta’s work ethic he would be a fine pick with me. Sounds like Atlanta wants Pitts, perhaps they believe the QB they want will be off the board with the Niners announcement

Back
Top Bottom