Why would you want Boston? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would you want Boston?

Originally posted by SMadison29

I don't see how it's a gamble. How many 4th rounders start in their first or second years? Not very many. Plus if he doesn't work out, so long as we don't have him restructure, if we cut him we take zero cap hit.

Sorry I didn't mean the 4th rounder just the large contract. Yes they will restructure but you can only restructure so much.

Again, no suitable answers from Dolphin fans. If the Bills could get a 1st rounder for a good #2 WR why is Boston's value so low?! The Chargers can't get a high draft pick for this HOF player? I guarantee that Moulds OR Chambers could get a #1 pick if it was simply a personality clash. This guy has a lot more baggage than you are admitting.

Is it worth the risk? Depends. You basically will be hiring a guy that has NO TEAM concept and will erode the team concept wherever he goes. If you need a #2 WR that bad, go for it. But I think that's a bit desperate when you see how many stud WR's are going to be in the 2004 draft. I would rather draft Lee Evans late 1st or Devery Henderson in the second than spend a lot of money on a guy that hasn't been been wanted on the only 2 teams he has been on. Not trying to talk smack, just being honest.

BTW, I used to live in Arizona so I have seen Boston play more than most on this board. The guy had potential to be great and it sucks that he turned into such a freak.

name me the last 4th round pick we had thats been close to Boston?
we had one 3rd rounder (jason taylor) in the past 15 years that i wouldn't trade for boston, so that's saying something.

the risk is minimal, too many veteran leaders on our team to not bring in Boston and give him a chance to be the pro bowler he has in the past for a 4th round pick

If we drafted any of the wrs this year and they accomplished what Boston has so far in his career, I'd be thrilled. The biggest concern with any drafted wr is whether they'll make the transition to the NFL. Look at J. Reed. This guy coming out of college looked like a guy who would have no problem putting it together, but he hasn't yet. It could be him or the team. I don't know, but I know Boston has produced more on worse teams. Any wr we drafted, despite the college accolades or the physical skills, would still have to make that transition. Odds are that at least half of the wrs drafted in the 1st will flop. If it's as great a wr draft as we all believe than maybe two will put up #s as good as Boston has over his early career. There's a risk with Boston b/c he has shown some immaturity, IMO it is far less than the risk of any wr we could realistically draft this year. I don't see this as desperate at all. It's just the less risky alternative.

SO moulds is allowed some growing pains before he turns out to be a great reciever and Boston is not? Boston is 25. I am 25, I know I have a lot of growing up to do still. My work ethic and personality is not set in stone. Why would his?

Plummer looked way less amazing without Boston.

the NFL is filled with wide recievers who looked great in college and didn't do much in the NFL.

Football is a TEAM sport. It requires all players working together to a common goal. The Pats have less marquee players than the Jets, Dolphins or Bills. But they have very good FOOTBALL players, team players throughout their roster. When the Dolphins need to win a game in December or even January, ask yourself if David Boston is a guy that you want to go to war with. The market has already determined Boston's value. Almost zilch. The Dolphins are betting that they know better than most teams if they pick him up.

For now, that's it. Until the Dolphins actually pick him up this is just a lot of speculation. It's funny how fans who made fun of WILLIS MCGAHEE now are putting David Boston ahead of Moulds and Chambers.

fact is, who could be motivated to be on the Cards or the Chargers ??

I mean every year you KNOW you won't make the playoffs, and would be THRILLED to get to .500.

How fun is that ??

football is a team sport. that si very true, however having talented indivisuals help. 4th rounder is worth the risk

very simple.....we need a solid #2 WR.....Boston is a definite upgrade over DT, Newsom, Tolver, whoever and would break free a heck of a lot more. A solid #2 WR for a 3rd or 4th round pick.....takes no brains...

As a Bills fan.....

I could tell you right now, if you guys get him I could care less..... I think he built up WAYYY to much and has lost a lot of his speed because of it.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
Why doesn't somebody compare Boston's stats from last year to Moulds and the rest of the Bills "Clump" of recievers.

See I found a way to throw CLumps name into the mix.

Still waiting........

Originally posted by PhinPhreak

Still waiting........

For what are you too lazy to do it yourself.

They had about the same catches and yards and Boston had 7tds to Moulds had 1. Are you seriously going to tell me that you would rather have Boston to a healthy Moulds?

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
As a Bills fan.....

I could tell you right now, if you guys get him I could care less..... I think he built up WAYYY to much and has lost a lot of his speed because of it.

Produce some facts to support your opinion. The facts he clocked under 4.4 when he had his pyhsical with SD last year. Boston the LOST some weight as requested. You may not care, as you are used to being terrible, but I bet Proleau (sp) and Milloy care ALOT!!!!:lol:

Oh and how sour are those grapes????:rolleyes:

Boston has always managed (reportedly) to run sub 4.4 when weighing up to 245lbs or so.....to me, that's not too slow and with the size....he'd be dropping DBs on their butts within the first 5 yards if they try to jam him physically. He's the size of Konrad for pete's sake yet faster and better hands.

Back
Top Bottom