Why would you want Boston? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would you want Boston?

id rather a healthy boston than an injured moulds, by the way he runs a 4.4 still

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

For what are you too lazy to do it yourself.

They had about the same catches and yards and Boston had 7tds to Moulds had 1. Are you seriously going to tell me that you would rather have Boston to a healthy Moulds?

Hell yes! Sorry Thurm, but Moulds is on the downslope side of the hill

Originally posted by baalworship
Football is a TEAM sport. It requires all players working together to a common goal. The Pats have less marquee players than the Jets, Dolphins or Bills. But they have very good FOOTBALL players, team players throughout their roster. When the Dolphins need to win a game in December or even January, ask yourself if David Boston is a guy that you want to go to war with. The market has already determined Boston's value. Almost zilch. The Dolphins are betting that they know better than most teams if they pick him up.

For now, that's it. Until the Dolphins actually pick him up this is just a lot of speculation. It's funny how fans who made fun of WILLIS MCGAHEE now are putting David Boston ahead of Moulds and Chambers.

Of course it's a team game and you need good football players throughout your roster. Miami is trying to accomplish that by getting a very good player (Boston) at a position where they did not have one last year (#2 wr). They may be able to accomplish this for very low cost( a cond. 4th next year!) and restructured salary in the 2 - 3 mill range.

The market for Boston may be low but that happens all the time in the NFL. Cris Carter, Gannon, etc. the list of players who were not wanted and then played great in the right opportunity goes on and on.

As for going to war with him, Boston has missed very few games in his career and has been very productive thoughout, why would I question that. Miami doesn't need him to be more productive than he has in the past. If he even comes close than Miami is substantially better.

The only reason Boston is being compared to Moulds and Chambers is that in his early career he has outperformed both. Why is it such a stretch to think that he has the ability to continue to do so?

Mcgahee shouldn't even be mentioned. Buff drafted a project as if they had no other needs. Seeing how the season turned out it's clear that they did. Miami is trying to get a player to fill a need.

What makes you say that GR? and there is nothing to be sorry about.

Well gee, how about the years in the league? hes injury prone at this stage. He might have two more years left while Boston has twelve

For what are you too lazy to do it yourself.

They had about the same catches and yards and Boston had 7tds to Moulds had 1. Are you seriously going to tell me that you would rather have Boston to a healthy Moulds?

Nope not lazy at all, I am not the one who is comparing, you made a statement and I figured if the stats were in Moulds favor we would have already seen them. I could care less what the stats are, Moulds isn't an option and Boston is, and after having no 2nd WR in years I would welcome having Boston contribute even as much as he did last year. That is an upgrade in my opinion.

As far as Moulds goes, we will see this year if his numbers were better because he had Price on the other side or not.

why is there all this comparing moulds to boston? this is ridiculous...

we like boston, b/c of the available FA WRs, he's the best currently available. 2nd, if we sign him, that frees up that need, so thats ONE less position we have to look for in our already-limited draft. we don't have a 2nd rounder, so that first round better count. as many of the positions as we can satisfy before the draft, the better. Boston may only count a conditional future 4th against us, and it might help solve the WR problem? hell yeah, sign me up.

but what does that have to do with comparing Boston to Moulds. I'd be saying the same scenario about Moulds if Moulds was an available FA.... but he's not. so who cares?

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
why is there all this comparing moulds to boston? this is ridiculous...

we like boston, b/c of the available FA WRs, he's the best currently available. 2nd, if we sign him, that frees up that need, so thats ONE less position we have to look for in our already-limited draft. we don't have a 2nd rounder, so that first round better count. as many of the positions as we can satisfy before the draft, the better. Boston may only count a conditional future 4th against us, and it might help solve the WR problem? hell yeah, sign me up.

but what does that have to do with comparing Boston to Moulds. I'd be saying the same scenario about Moulds if Moulds was an available FA.... but he's not. so who cares?

Agreed

Originally posted by dreadlockera

Produce some facts to support your opinion. The facts he clocked under 4.4 when he had his pyhsical with SD last year. Boston the LOST some weight as requested. You may not care, as you are used to being terrible, but I bet Proleau (sp) and Milloy care ALOT!!!!:lol:

Oh and how sour are those grapes????:rolleyes:

He did really well last year.:D

The guys a waste.

70 catches 900 yards and 7 tds in 14 games is a bad year? ill take that from our #2 receiver

Originally posted by ScottLawrence

He did really well last year.:D

The guys a waste.

Way to stand firm! Don't let the facts interfere with your unsupported opinion. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by baalworship
Moulds was slow out of the blocks but once he got there.... Terrell Owens was asked who the best WR's in the game were. After himself, he named Eric Moulds. Moulds is the Prototype #1 WR. He not only demands double teams but respect from his teammates and opponents. Sorry, but if Boston is so wonderful, why does every team that has him dump him for nothing?!

Every team? As in BOTH of them?
well, AZ "dumped" him cuz he was a UFA last year.
SD hasn't dumped him yet have they? Besides, alot of ppl don't care alot for Schottenschitter anyway do they?? ;)

Back
Top Bottom