Will be watching the SB with Tannehill and Tony Gonzalez... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will be watching the SB with Tannehill and Tony Gonzalez...

Guys - had a great time. Ryan was so gracious with his time and seemed to really enjoy talking about the season. We talked about chemistry w his WRs and be said that for whatever reason he and Hartline just know what each other are going to do. That Hartline and Clay and Grimes never, ever take a play off and how much fun it is to play w guys like that. Talked about how nuts the end of the steelers game was and Ryan believed if brown doesn't step out of bounds the refs don't review the play. Talked about the play Clay made to keep the drive going in the NE game - said he got a great block but gave great effort to get the FD. We talked about his relationship w Matt Moore - obvious he thinks the world of Moore. Said Moore could have made it so uncomfortable for him coming in as a rookie but he did the opposite - is the first guy there to support him through thick and thin - called him California-cool and just a great guy. The inflection in his voice changed when talking about Moore and Hartline - felt to me like he really loves these guys. We talked about how the margin between being in the big game and watching the playoffs from home is so small these days - really optimistic that we are not far away.

Ryan told me he was hanging w dew Bree's last night and how Bree's was watching manning each week and watching his record - would Peyton break it? I asked Ryan if he ever saw Marino play - "I was 10 when he retired so no not really". I said, when he was breaking the records they came I like week 11 - not 15 or 16. He said "holy cow I didn't know that" - we got a good laugh out of it.

My impression is this is a really great kid - so gracious w his time and seemed to be having a good time w the questions etc and passionate about the game / talking about the season. I also talked a bit w Tony Gonzalez tonight too - asked him if he'd consider catching passes from Tannehill for a year in south Florida. Tony - "I'd love to do that but it wouldn't help w my marriage" - LOL. Both good guys but Ryan just a good kid. No other way I can explain it. Also, we had some good laughs about the Ikea scene in Hard Knocks - you could feel the competitiveness from Ryan as he tried to convince me that the reason the drawer didn't close was because the screw that came w the furniture was too long - good stuff.

Refreshing what a good kid - super nice and just that much easier to root for. Decided not to push my luck and ask about Martin / Cognito :)
Sounds like a great time, I bet you had a good bit of time to visit since the game got out of hand quickly. lucky you, i'm jealous

Sounds like a great time, I bet you had a good bit of time to visit since the game got out of hand quickly. lucky you, i'm jealous
Yeah forgot to mention - Ryan was rooting for Seattle because Wilson in his draft class, Gonzalez for Denver because he was pulling for the "old guy". Yes, w how quick they game got away it was easier to get some time w these guys. I feel very fortunate - the weird thing is I will have a much harder time being critical of RT after a bad game or something after getting a feel for him as a person - can't explain it other than there's just nothing not to like about this kid as a person.

Wow, that's awesome. If he does win a Super Bowl, fan interaction like that will soon be far and few between with him. Thanks for sharing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it's not surprising he didn't talk much about Wallace as a player. I guess talking about the deep ball may have also been pushing your luck. :p

I guess it's not surprising he didn't talk much about Wallace as a player. I guess talking about the deep ball may have also been pushing your luck. :p

You know what? Dead on. I admit I didn't have the walnuts to ask about Wallace but he had every chance to say something about him and never mentioned him. All Hartline and Clay. And deep ball? I just couldn't even fathom how to bring that up - it just would have felt like a cheap shot to a kid who wasn't just indulging me because he had to - I've met a few pros and celebs - Ryan just came across like the most real, nice and damn just a really good kid. I'm impressed in a way that I just didn't expect - I'm rooting for this guy to win a SB and have a great career been that much more after meeting him.

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

You know what? Dead on. I admit I didn't have the walnuts to ask about Wallace but he had every chance to say something about him and never mentioned him. All Hartline and Clay. And deep ball? I just couldn't even fathom how to bring that up - it just would have felt like a cheap shot to a kid who wasn't just indulging me because he had to - I've met a few pros and celebs - Ryan just came across like the most real, nice and damn just a really good kid. I'm impressed in a way that I just didn't expect - I'm rooting for this guy to win a SB and have a great career been that much more after meeting him.

Sounds like you had a great time. I don't know how old you are but since I am like 10 years older than RT, I would've probably just 'advised' him as a 'crazy old fan' at the point you talked about Marino to please speak with him as much as possible to not only pick his brain but watch his old games. Heck, Marino probably has them or might know who has access to them so he can study, study, study.

I like RT, he seems like a really nice kid, but the Marino thing makes him seem to me...distant somehow. Like when he said he didn't know the divisions...

Sounds like you had a great time. I don't know how old you are but since I am like 10 years older than RT, I would've probably just 'advised' him as a 'crazy old fan' at the point you talked about Marino to please speak with him as much as possible to not only pick his brain but watch his old games. Heck, Marino probably has them or might know who has access to them so he can study, study, study.

I like RT, he seems like a really nice kid, but the Marino thing makes him seem to me...distant somehow. Like when he said he didn't know the divisions...
I completely hear you on this - I thought the same thing a bit. But then I thought well, growing up he wasn't a Miami fan and there was no Sunday ticket etc so I'll give him a pass. I was thinking that when Dan came up, I wonder if he knew what Bob Griese did for the franchise or even knew who he was and a part of me says he probably didn't think about it too much - he just wanted to go out there and sling the ball around. You reminded me - when we were talking about Moore he did laugh about how Matt got him w the whole division thing on camera.

I'm about 2x Ryan's age - guys like you and me are probably getting to the point where it just feels weird to think of a fins player to not really know who someone like Marino really was etc. But I hear you - for me, watching Dan from his rookie year and while I was at my most impressionable ages the memories of what he did are etched in my head and will be until I'm not breathing anymore on this Earth.

there was no need anyway Wallace and his one man NFl record speaks for himself lol

Definitely jealous!! That's a cool experience bro, thanks for coming back and giving us an update

Excellent story shank. Sounds like you had tremendous access to him. Were there not a lot of people there competing with you for his attention? This was in a club box, right?

Body Catchers arent worth talking about..

Guys - had a great time. Ryan was so gracious with his time and seemed to really enjoy talking about the season. We talked about chemistry w his WRs and be said that for whatever reason he and Hartline just know what each other are going to do. That Hartline and Clay and Grimes never, ever take a play off and how much fun it is to play w guys like that. Talked about how nuts the end of the steelers game was and Ryan believed if brown doesn't step out of bounds the refs don't review the play. Talked about the play Clay made to keep the drive going in the NE game - said he got a great block but gave great effort to get the FD. We talked about his relationship w Matt Moore - obvious he thinks the world of Moore. Said Moore could have made it so uncomfortable for him coming in as a rookie but he did the opposite - is the first guy there to support him through thick and thin - called him California-cool and just a great guy. The inflection in his voice changed when talking about Moore and Hartline - felt to me like he really loves these guys. We talked about how the margin between being in the big game and watching the playoffs from home is so small these days - really optimistic that we are not far away.

Ryan told me he was hanging w dew Bree's last night and how Bree's was watching manning each week and watching his record - would Peyton break it? I asked Ryan if he ever saw Marino play - "I was 10 when he retired so no not really". I said, when he was breaking the records they came I like week 11 - not 15 or 16. He said "holy cow I didn't know that" - we got a good laugh out of it.

My impression is this is a really great kid - so gracious w his time and seemed to be having a good time w the questions etc and passionate about the game / talking about the season. I also talked a bit w Tony Gonzalez tonight too - asked him if he'd consider catching passes from Tannehill for a year in south Florida. Tony - "I'd love to do that but it wouldn't help w my marriage" - LOL. Both good guys but Ryan just a good kid. No other way I can explain it. Also, we had some good laughs about the Ikea scene in Hard Knocks - you could feel the competitiveness from Ryan as he tried to convince me that the reason the drawer didn't close was because the screw that came w the furniture was too long - good stuff.

Refreshing what a good kid - super nice and just that much easier to root for. Decided not to push my luck and ask about Martin / Cognito :)

Great stuff man. Thanks for taking the time to fill us all in. Sounds like you had a great time and Tannehill is apparently every bit as friendly and easy-going as he comes off in interviews.

Back
Top Bottom