Will be watching the SB with Tannehill and Tony Gonzalez... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will be watching the SB with Tannehill and Tony Gonzalez...

Body Catchers arent worth talking about..

Wallace was the top receiver on the team. I didn't know he was a body catcher. I guess him talking about Hartline and Clay not taking plays off infers that Wallace took plays off and that could be part of the reason they missed on the deep ball. I attribute the misses more on Tannehill and the play design leaving no margin for error on the sideline makes it though. Sherman was a one trick pony when it came to the deep ball and he was too stubborn or unknowledgable to change.

Any one of us would envy for such a visit with him and us older ones would use the same wise questions and not ask about his deep ball. Something that should be fixed with more timing. Glad you got to meet him.

Excellent story shank. Sounds like you had tremendous access to him. Were there not a lot of people there competing with you for his attention? This was in a club box, right?
the bar it was at was surprisingly small - long bar down middle of the room. I was surprised at how easy it was to access both guys - I will definitely say Ryan was enjoying talking w people more than Tony but both were really gracious w their time. I tried my best not to be total stalker w Ryan because it wasn't terribly crowded and every few minutes someone else would come up to shake his hand or have something signed. But I do believe I was the only fins fan there so I lucked out a bit in that he could tell I knew the games, how they went, etc. I thought after the obligatory "get your picture w them" they would be roped off somewhere but they just meandered around the bar like everyone else. From the outside the place didn't look like much - it's in lower manhattan and you could walk by without knowing there was a bar in there. I think the hosting company did that to stay out of the midtown madness which was a good move as there was no traffic and the streets were dead. The guys stayed to the end and again, never seemed stressed or bothered. It may have had something to do w the relaxed venue and that it wasn't over crowded. Ryan definitely liked talking football. I know I probably sound like a 14 year old girl that just met Miley Cyrus or something but I'm still blown away at how nice this kid was / how he came off. And then hearing the "compete" in him when trying to convince me that the Ikea assembly fail wasn't his fault was just really funny to boot!

Wallace was the top receiver on the team. I didn't know he was a body catcher.
He was not the top reciever on the team.. Not in catches, yards nor TD's ( and definately not in effort). Now you know and knowing is half the battle.
Chubbs

Didn't bring Lauren with him eh? Kinda odd how these football relationships must work... I feel like they must not have much time to spend together. I'm sure she's plenty happy though with that paycheck he's sending home to her though despite him not being around.

He was not the top reciever on the team.. Not in catches, yards nor TD's ( and definately not in effort). Now you know and knowing is half the battle.
Chubbs

He was 3 receptions behind Hartline and had 86 less yards. I wonder who had more targets.

Capture.JPG

He was 3 receptions behind Hartline and had 86 less yards. I wonder who had more targets.
He was not our top receiver no matter how you spin the stats. Doesnt dererve to be, he is a glorified #2. :)
Body Catchers suck. :)
Chubbs

He was not our top receiver no matter how you spin the stats. Doesnt dererve to be, he is a glorified #2. :)
Body Catchers suck. :)
Chubbs

Every, EVERY receiver in the nfl will use their body to catch from time to time.

Didn't bring Lauren with him eh? Kinda odd how these football relationships must work... I feel like they must not have much time to spend together. I'm sure she's plenty happy though with that paycheck he's sending home to her though despite him not being around.
someone said she was there along w Tonys wife but I didn't see them.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Looks like Tannehill get held up NY. He needs to back home and start working with Wallace on that deep ball. :lol:
It's snowing a mess here. The NFL really lucked out and dodged a bullet here.

Thanks again for your posts, that was a great read. He really does seem like a genuinely nice guy so what you say just affirms what most of us think. I think why you're so surprised by it... he must have been talking to you like you were best friends bull****tin' at a bar, like completely open with who he is as a person and just genuinely letting you see who he is as a person.

Thanks again for your posts, that was a great read. He really does seem like a genuinely nice guy so what you say just affirms what most of us think. I think why you're so surprised by it... he must have been talking to you like you were best friends bull****tin' at a bar, like completely open with who he is as a person and just genuinely letting you see who he is as a person.
Yeah, you nailed it - was such a neat experience.

Back
Top Bottom