Will Feeley get boo'd off the field the first time he throws an INT in a game? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Feeley get boo'd off the field the first time he throws an INT in a game?

SkapePhin said:
Is Feeley going to be another Fiedler case whereas many of the Fin faithful will bash the guy over every mistake he makes?

I figured it wouldnt be and that Fiedler Bashers/Haters would welcome the kid.. but that doesnt appear to be the case.. Unless Feeley comes out slinging like Marino, I think the boos will come early and often unfortunately before Feeley gets a hand of the offense.

He has that 3rd String stigma attached to him... Fin fans arent happy unless the guy under center was selected in the first round...

Oh well.. Here's to hoiping Feeley comes out gangbusters!

you should make a sig that says feeley our savior

:D

SkapePhin said:
He has that 3rd String stigma attached to him... Fin fans arent happy unless the guy under center was selected in the first round...

Oh well.. Here's to hoiping Feeley comes out gangbusters!

Actually we won't be happy to we get a legitimate threat at the QB position.....has nothing to do with the first round. We reserve the right to be critical of a guy who spent the majority of his career so far as a 3rd stringer, regardless of how you spin the "but Koy Detmer had to be the holder therefore 2nd string" argument. We also saw our FO swing draft picks for terrible aquisitions - lord knows it's possible AJ Feeley was one of those. It's still relatively early, but we're all watching.......and we don't want to spend to much time on this guy if he really doesn't have it.

As for 01, Feeley in my opinion should have stayed in the rest of the season adn throughout the playoffs the Eagels woulda been better off AJ was hot and was doing well

i think Skape jinxed AJ with this thread...

thats a good ques for now, if he throws an int opening day, does he get booed?

ill be there, wont do it but i think he will

this is obviously hypothetical:

What if Feeley plays, not great but overall decent for the first three games and Miami wins the first three games. say for the first game his stats are comp. 58%, 223 yards 2TDs, 2Ints, 2nd game compl. 60% 197yards 1TD, 1Int, and third game is better, comp. 61%, 275yards, 3TDs, 1Int. How would you feel about him. I know there would be plenty of games of the season, but I would feel pretty good, or relieved in that he's improved.

cltchperf said:
this is obviously hypothetical:

What if Feeley plays, not great but overall decent for the first three games and Miami wins the first three games. say for the first game his stats are comp. 58%, 223 yards 2TDs, 2Ints, 2nd game compl. 60% 197yards 1TD, 1Int, and third game is better, comp. 61%, 275yards, 3TDs, 1Int. How would you feel about him. I know there would be plenty of games of the season, but I would feel pretty good, or relieved in that he's improved.

Improvement is the key. I think Feeley will and if he does enough, he'll probably start. My feeling is if he stays away from throwing pics he wont get booed at home games. Maybe at Finheaven he'll get booed by some but the fans who go to the game will give him time to develop. But he's gotta show improvement

Of course they are...

LIQUID24 said:
I hope our fans aren't that immature

Actually, the Fiedler haters are the kid's only real defenders because the owner had Fiedler benched in favor of "Anyone but Jay."

However, it will become apparent in the preseason that Frerotte is a much better QB than Feeley and Feeley will have very little support to start by the regular season.

If Feeley does start and continues his 2:3 TD to INT ratio, Miami's impatient fans will indeed boo him off the field. Hell, Jay got booed for five years with a much better record. Miami fans will continue to be immature about QBs so long as they compare every poor fool who signs with Marino...

I think it depends. If Feeley looks like he is helping the team more than hurting the team. That is why I think fans were so hard on Fielder. Felt like the team was winning in spite of him.

I will boo him at home n wen was this post made like how many years ago?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I think it depends. If Feeley looks like he is helping the team more than hurting the team. That is why I think fans were so hard on Fielder. Felt like the team was winning in spite of him.

That is very true. We were winning in spite of Fiedler and Wannstedt. For the last three years I hated Fiedler with a passion. Wannstedt just the last two. The one thing I love about this season is there is noone on the team who I hate. Peace man.

I hate when people blame fans for wanting their Qb to play good. Fans had every right in the world to be disappointed with Fiedler and Feeley. Both played terrible at the position. Sorry but you can't possibly blame fans for not liking what they saw of the offense and Qb play. This "we want the next Marino" or that we hate Fiedler or Feeley because they were backups is just wrong. When these guys start playing like solid pro's the fans will get behind them. Until then they will have to be tough enough to listen to the boo's.

I think Gus is going to be the starter and Feeley will only come in if Gus is hurt or really sucks....in which case it won't matter much what Feeley does....but I think Gus will get most the snaps....hopefully he won't be boo'd for INTs either.

Dolphan_B said:
Actually, the Fiedler haters are the kid's only real defenders because the owner had Fiedler benched in favor of "Anyone but Jay."

However, it will become apparent in the preseason that Frerotte is a much better QB than Feeley and Feeley will have very little support to start by the regular season.

If Feeley does start and continues his 2:3 TD to INT ratio, Miami's impatient fans will indeed boo him off the field. Hell, Jay got booed for five years with a much better record. Miami fans will continue to be immature about QBs so long as they compare every poor fool who signs with Marino...

Just because people wanted someone better than Fiedler doesnt mean they expected another Marino. I would be happy with someone that can throw the darn ball more than 15yds without a 4 second windup and still missing the receiver by 10yds. Feeley may be that guy...he may not. In any case I dont expect AJ or Gus to be as good as Dan, just good enough to play.

Back
Top Bottom