Will it be a failure if we don't draft one of the top 4 RB ? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will it be a failure if we don't draft one of the top 4 RB ?

At first there was a lot of people wanting Smith at #3. He was tearing it up, winning the NC and the Heisman. We had pick #3. I thought #3 was too high for a WR. I was on board for Justin Fields or Sewell.

Then came Pro days and the trade to #6. I still have Fields over Sewell over Smith. Pitts ran a hand timed 4-44 forty and measured an 83 inch wingspan. The masses fell in love and anointed him the best player to ever play the game.

We don’t know which players will be the best, but I will still be very happy to hear Sewell or Smith at #6.
How does Sewell drop in your eyes with an insane pro day showing? Why is there so little footage of Smith at Pro day? Rumor is he didn't even run.
There doesn't seem rational thought behind taking Smith over Sewell.

no. Gainwell from memphis would be a good get. there are good backs in this draft not just the big names

How does Sewell drop in your eyes with an insane pro day showing? Why is there so little footage of Smith at Pro day? Rumor is he didn't even run.
I'm beginning to believe you are Penie himself. It wouldn't surprise me, Lauren Tannehill still posts on here under an 'assumed name'. You know who you are :) I've already identified the avatar.

I'm beginning to believe you are Penie himself. It wouldn't surprise me, Lauren Tannehill still posts on here under an 'assumed name'. You know who you are :) I've already identified the avatar.
Why would I be Sewell? I want Pitts or Chase but they won't be there so next up is Sewell.
I wouldn't value myself third, lol.

When I read this thread's topic as a question over and over, the first thing I can think of is "well we won't know for 1-3 years who the top 4 running backs are!"

Why would I be Sewell? I want Pitts or Chase but they won't be there so next up is Sewell.
I wouldn't value myself third, lol.
Unless rating yourself 3rd is your genius trick to not seem suspicious. Especially if you know Pitts and Chase will go 1 and 2.

Hmm you are a sneaky one Penei

I don't think we need a top 4 running back from the draft, but we definitely need to improve the run game and we probably want to get a RB but again doesn't have to be top 4.

I don't exactly think it will be a failure, considering whomever they do get instead of one of the top 4, could turn out to be a good pick, and a consistently good starting RB, but it still will be very disappointing.

Yes. Our RB roster is pathetic. Need a bruiser that can also help in the passing game. I want Harris or Williams. I think Williams might be the better choice. Harris, I get a little worried about as he had an All American in front of him X 5.

I said I had Fields over Sewell and Sewell over Smith.

Question for the board. Would you prefer to get Humphreys or Dickson and miss out on one of the top three running backs, or get Harris/Williams/Etiennne and miss out on one of the top centers?

I think I'd rather have one of the top centers. There are some mid-round running backs who I think would be a nice complement to what Miami already has in Gaskin and Ahmed.

If you go by last year Myles Gaskin rated 2 behind the top 5 Running Backs that were selected last draft and we got him in the seventh round. I would go for it for draft value but not reach for one.

Question for the board. Would you prefer to get Humphreys or Dickson and miss out on one of the top three running backs, or get Harris/Williams/Etiennne and miss out on one of the top centers?

I think I'd rather have one of the top centers. There are some mid-round running backs who I think would be a nice complement to what Miami already has in Gaskin and Ahmed.
We can get both If we want, we are positioned. Those are two of my top 4 needs so why not get both.

if we get another RB find but Gaskin is still ok. with more carry Gaskin would had 1000 yd last yr. Gaskin play hard w below avg line as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom